Cultivated Reef

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

Yes, Boaz went quietly for which I am very thankful.

Ha ha, no not California, wrong son and daughter in law. I have 3 sons and daughter in laws. The one I am going to be with is Nate and Krista, (the one with the reef tank) and they live south of Charlotte just over the border in South Carolina. It is very exciting. They have 2 boys they are fostering to adopt, Jared and Jake, but this will be their first biological child. Dave and I's grandchildren are growing with their family hopefully adding 3 this year!

How wonderful to have such a big family! I would have loved that, but didn't want the work and worry that comes with raising more than one kid! I'll just look forward to the grandchildren that he'll hopefully give me. And if not, that's ok too :D.
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry about Boaz :(

But how exciting about the grandbaby! Is this the first?

No, not the first. My son and daughter in law in California have a son that is 7 years old. Every child is exciting however, no matter how many or whether they are adopted or biological. :-)
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear that Dawn. Keep your head up.

Thanks Justin, I will keep my head up. I am thankful that the lady ponies haven't been affected. I am going to concentrate on getting the tank back to solid stability. Its looking pretty good and the macros in the sump are beginning to recover.

How's your tank doing? How about the new coral?

Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Dawn. Congrats on the grandchild, though!

Thanks Nick, I knew it was coming. That didn't make it easier but at least I was prepared.

I am excited about meeting my new grandchild but am also excited about spending time with my prospective foster grandsons. I love being with their whole family!

Sorry Dawn. He was a handsome little dude. :tears:

Congrats on the grandbaby. omgomgomg

He was a handsome dude. Maybe I can get another striped pony?

Thanks for the congrats. Grandchildren are one of God's best gifts!

Aw I'm so sorry to hear about Boaz :( At least he went peacefully.

And how exciting that you're going to have another grandchild! :)

Thanks for the condolences and I am glad that he went peacefully.

Yes, a grandbaby is always something to celebrate!

• Like 2

Thanks Justin, I will keep my head up. I am thankful that the lady ponies haven't been affected. I am going to concentrate on getting the tank back to solid stability. Its looking pretty good and the macros in the sump are beginning to recover.

How's your tank doing? How about the new coral?

Not good. Still going down hill, just had a salinity issue browned out my kat colony. Ive lost hope for this tank.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

She is SO cute. Her pinto coloration is quite striking, too. I don't mean to dredge up sad memories when I ask this, but do they grieve in any way?

• Like 1

She is SO cute. Her pinto coloration is quite striking, too. I don't mean to dredge up sad memories when I ask this, but do they grieve in any way?

I can't be sure if they grieved but on Boaz's last morning both Eve and Ruth had their heads hanging down. I never saw seahorses act like that. At first I thought they were hunting shrimp that may have come up from the sump. I had moved Boaz to the sump since it is shallower and put live shrimp in there in case he might eat. Eve and Ruth were not hunting. Then I became worried that they too were sick but when I put their feeding tube in they came running. I am wondering since they were in the same water if they knew Boaz was dying?

RIP Sebastian

I can't be sure if they grieved but on Boaz's last morning both Eve and Ruth had their heads hanging down. I never saw seahorses act like that. At first I thought they were hunting shrimp that may have come up from the sump. I had moved Boaz to the sump since it is shallower and put live shrimp in there in case he might eat. Eve and Ruth were not hunting. Then I became worried that they too were sick but when I put their feeding tube in they came running. I am wondering since they were in the same water if they knew Boaz was dying?

Oh, that's so heartbreaking!

• Like 1

Oh my. Im so sorry Dawn. :(

Thank you Sharbuckle, it was a tough but I got to thinking that if I had not upgraded to this bigger tank, maybe all the ponies would have died. That helped me accept it better.

Hi Dawn,

latest video looks great as usual. I love the way you can keep that algae such a good red.

Sorry about Boaz. :(

Grand kids ... hopefully I'm still pretty far away from that stage. :D

• Like 1

Hi Dawn, I just finished reading through this thread, what a gorgeous tank this is! The tribute to Adam is really beautiful and touching. And I love all your seahorse decor around the tank itself :)

Sorry to hear about Boaz :( It's so sad to see Eve's and Ruth's reaction to his passing.

Congrats on the grandchild!

• Like 1