Pod Your Reef

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

Boaz and Eve have been dancing off and on for 3 straight days now. They start first thing in the morning under the moonlights, but little Boaz gets distracted or tired and just hitches for awhile. Poor little Ruth entertains herself by playing in the flow.

• Like 7

Well no pregnancy yet and I am still ok with that. Eve is funny. When she has ripened eggs she is receptive to Boaz's attention but otherwise she is kind of like 'get lost kid'. Boaz is undaunted however. He can always hang out with his faithful buddy Ruth.

• Like 3

Boaz showed up at the food bowl again tonight. He is catching on.

I blasted all the rock with a turkey blaster. The higher flow in the tank has noticeably diminished the amount of detritus that settles on the rock, which is good news for the seahorses.

• Like 3

Oh my...she's beautiful! She looks like a sweet little angel. I love her :wub:.

She is very sweet and angelic. She is inquisitive too. She studies everything with such curiousity. Yesterday she was checking out one of the snails. I shouldn't have favorites, but she is my favorite.

​She's so precious! :wub:

My, how big she's gotten! When I saw her she was so tiny!

Glad to see that the Xenia and GSP are spreading.

Nick

I think she is precious too. Dave said he can tell she grew also. I guess since I stare at them everyday I can't see it.

The xenia and GSP seem to be doing well and I enjoy watching them move in the current.

I don't think I could deal with that level of cuteness in my house :)

O I don't know, I got used to it pretty quick! LOL

• Like 3

This made my day!

I know, she makes my day too because she looks like she is having so much fun. It almost makes me wish I were a seahorse! Ha ha!

tank is amazing. love the colors and the white lighting.

also love the non black background.

Thank you burt for the kind words. My previous 3 tanks all had black backrounds so the equipment would be less obvious. When I decided on doing a mural I was really hoping I would like it. As it turned out, I love it and am so glad I did it. My seahorses and scape really show up nice in this tank.

• Like 1

Now that Boaz has the hang of eating from the food bowl it is obvious that I need a bigger food bowl. 3 seahorses trying to put their heads in a small jelly jar at the same time is not working very well. I need to look for a bowl with a bigger circumference. Maybe a custard cup type of bowl?

• Like 1

OMG! Your new pony looks bleached

She is so white that her pink insides kind of show through making her look like an albino, except her eyes are not pink. Actually yesterday I noticed that she has some very pale gray patches on one side beginning to appear. Seahorses can change colors depending on their enviroment. She was sold to me as a pinto so I am hoping those pale gray patches darken up some.

• Like 2

Hi Dawn. I love your new pony. I think she looks stunning - I have never seen a white seahorse before. Good to see her playing in the flow. Your tank looks pretty neat too.

I love her too. I have 3 ponies that are 3 distinct colors which is cool. I don't believe that I have seen a white seahorse either until Ruth. Thanks, I am liking this tank a lot.

• Like 2

Dawn, I stumbled upon your YouTube account and saw the video of Ruth checking out the snail! She is so cute!

Ha ha, I accidently uploaded that to youtube. My tablet is dying so I took the video with my phone and its a little different. I was going to clip it and only keep the part with Ruth checking out the snail but the next thing I knew youtube was uploading all of it. I decided not to put everyone here through all that. I am glad that you got to see it though.

• Like 1

Great video Dawn, and the tank looks super healthy as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks Mark! Ha ha, I have killed off anything that needs more attention other than just consistent water changes. I do believe this tank is cleaner. When I turn the powerheads back on when the ponies are done eating I can watch the excess mysis rise off the floor of the tank into the water column.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

• Like 2

I have been undecided as to how clean to keep my bb. I kind of polled folks and it was pretty well split between keeping it scraped clean and letting algae grow on it. I have decided to do both. I will keep it clean of micro algae, diatoms and such but I am letting coralline spots remain.

So today I got my toothbrush and scrubby with a handle and went to it. That resulted in moving some scape so of course this tank looks different once again. Its awesome to do such a thorough cleaning without worrying about kicking up nasties. I will do a water change tonight and the tank is ready for Christmas.

• Like 3