Pod Your Reef

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

Well, Eve missed her target and now there are eggs on the bottom of the tank. Oops! Its just as well, Boaz is too young to be a daddy.

'Seahorse shenanighans' :)

• Like 2

Wow she took to him quick...

She has been ripening eggs for awhile now and little Boaz was the only seahorse there that had a pouch to recieve them. I guess he flashed that pouch enough to convince her that he was her man.

'Seahorse shenanighans' :)

Indeed. I am thinking of renaming my thread, 'Seahorse Soaps'.

• Like 6

The tank is looking great and im so happy the new horses are healthy. So very interesting that Eve and Boaz "hooked up" so quickly.

Thanks Sharbuckle. Everything seems to be going as it should. I did notice last night that Boaz hitched to the tunze 6045. I immediately turned it off but he had his tail through the grate so far that it took him a minute to get out. I have some mesh gum-banded on to it, (which looks very ghetto) to prevent that from happening again. Eventually he and Ruth will get big enough that their tails wont fit through the grate anymore so it wont be like this forever.

• Like 1

This morning Boaz is hitched with Ruth and Eve is off by herself. What a complicated life Boaz has! I guess Eve is his wife and Ruth is his buddy???

I think its Eve's choice to be off by herself. It seems she can only deal with the kids for so long. Sometimes I think she is hiding from them.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

This morning Boaz is hitched with Ruth and Eve is off by herself. What a complicated life Boaz has! I guess Eve is his wife and Ruth is his buddy???

I think its Eve's choice to be off by herself. It seems she can only deal with the kids for so long. Sometimes I think she is hiding from them.

Sound like me at school XD.

• Like 2

When horses pair off to mate do they stay with the same mate or is it just whoever is ready at the time?

Since Adam and Eve only had each other I can not speak from experience but I have heard that they are not entirely monogomous in tanks. I think they tend to prefer being with the same partner most of the time, especially if they are older. However as young as Boaz is it would not surprise me at all if he courted Ruth as well.

Sound like me at school XD.

O dear, I am not sure what that means???

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

Since Adam and Eve only had each other I can not speak from experience but I have heard that they are not entirely monogomous in tanks. I think they tend to prefer being with the same partner most of the time, especially if they are older. However as young as Boaz is it would not surprise me at all if he courted Ruth as well.

O dear, I am not sure what that means???

It's a joke at my expense.

• Like 2

This thread is like a soap opera, hahaha :)

It's great to see that everyone is doing well though and fun to hear about how things are going. Thanks for all of the updates (just got caught up today)!

• Like 1

My tank went up just after yours, I think. You and I can sing the praises of softies together!

Yep :). I think you set yours up a week, maybe two, after me. Loved the intro videos :wub:.
  • Like 2

It's a joke at my expense.

Whew! I was not sure if you were comparing yourself to Boaz the playboy or Eve the loner? I am glad that its a joke and that you are not like either, LOL.

RIP Sebastian

Whew! I was not sure if you were comparing yourself to Boaz the playboy or Eve the loner? I am glad that its a joke and that you are not like either, LOL.

Yeah, I just get annoyed by peers sometimes. Totally not a playboy.

• Like 1

This thread is like a soap opera, hahaha :)

It's great to see that everyone is doing well though and fun to hear about how things are going. Thanks for all of the updates (just got caught up today)!

They have so much personality which is why I love them so much. It is so much fun when they are doing well and are healthy!

Yeah, I just get annoyed by peers sometimes. Totally not a playboy.

I totally get that as you seem wise and mature beyond your years. You definitely did not seem like a playboy and I was going to be shocked if that is what you were saying, ha ha!

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

They have so much personality which is why I love them so much. It is so much fun when they are doing well and are healthy!

I totally get that as you seem wise and mature beyond your years. You definitely did not seem like a playboy and I was going to be shocked if that is what you were saying, ha ha!

Thanks! Yeah, not a playboy.

Yep :). I think you set yours up a week, maybe two, after me. Loved the intro videos :wub:.

Thanks gena, now we can watch our tanks transform together. Although both our tanks basically went up looking mature from the get go since we did transfers from prior tanks!

I love hearing about the love triangle! They are so interesting and have such great personalities :)

Ha ha, yes a love triangle is kind of (dare I say it) FUN when nobody seems hurt or upset over it. Anyway, they are seahorses, not people, right?

• Like 2

Well I sold the 36 bowfront tank, stand and sump on CL. It was priced to go and is now going to be home to a goldfish. I am not sad as now this 5 year old goldfish is getting a home that signifies how much it is loved.

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

Well I sold the 36 bowfront tank, stand and sump on CL. It was priced to go and is now going to be home to a goldfish. I am not sad as now this 5 year old goldfish is getting a home that signifies how much it is loved.

I check Craigslist every once in a while and I saw your tank on there. I'm glad it found a home!

• Like 2

I check Craigslist every once in a while and I saw your tank on there. I'm glad it found a home!

Not a single person enquired on RC pmasi and then I put it on CL and probably got 20 responses.

On 11/23/2016 at 11:47 AM, vlangel said:

Thanks gena, now we can watch our tanks transform together. Although both our tanks basically went up looking mature from the get go since we did transfers from prior tanks!

I know :). Someone on instagram asked me how long my tank has been set up. Kinda surprised me when I had to say 4 weeks LOL. Feels like it's been running for like 2 years :). Technically it has since I've had a lot of those corals for a long time...it's just all in a new home.

On 11/23/2016 at 12:34 PM, vlangel said:

20161122_151425_zps7ctwanax.jpg

So here is a nice corner Thanksgiving FTS.

I love the white stand with the white background and black accents on the aquarium....looks fantastic!

• Like 2
On 11/24/2016 at 11:40 AM, gena said:

I know :). Someone on instagram asked me how long my tank has been set up. Kinda surprised me when I had to say 4 weeks LOL. Feels like it's been running for like 2 years :). Technically it has since I've had a lot of those corals for a long time...it's just all in a new home.I love the white stand with the white background and black accents on the aquarium....looks fantastic!

Thanks gena, here is a shot that shows the tank with stand in the room. Unfortunately the sun was shining in the window behind me brightly so it left the tank in a bit of a shadow.

I do still need to put my black seahorse handle on to complete it.

20161122_150654_zpscmnhbrys.jpg

• Like 5