vlangel

Dawn's pony garden.

Low nutrients favor undesirable algae

Wnar you  described was Old Tank syndrome and seahorses were your apex predator. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Subsea said:

Low nutrients favor undesirable algae

Wnar you  described was Old Tank syndrome and seahorses were your apex predator. 

O wow, I guess I still have much to learn! LOL, maybe you still can teach an old dog new tricks.

The good news is that it is looking promising that the dinos are gone.  I did a thorough cleaning to manually remove all dinos that I could, I did a 4 day black out of the sump and shortened the light cycle in the display, and I held off on one of my water changes to give nutrients a chance to build up a little.  I will check nitrates and phosphates again at the end of the week to see if they have come up.  I am not sure what to expect because I can tell that the red grape is really growing and may be taking up nutrients.  Only a test will tell.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vlangel said:

O wow, I guess I still have much to learn! LOL, maybe you still can teach an old dog new tricks.

The good news is that it is looking promising that the dinos are gone.  I did a thorough cleaning to manually remove all dinos that I could, I did a 4 day black out of the sump and shortened the light cycle in the display, and I held off on one of my water changes to give nutrients a chance to build up a little.  I will check nitrates and phosphates again at the end of the week to see if they have come up.  I am not sure what to expect because I can tell that the red grape is really growing and may be taking up nutrients.  Only a test will tell.

You should harvest Red Grapes for nutrient export and sell ornamental macros for doughnuts..

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Subsea said:

You should harvest Red Grapes for nutrient export and sell ornamental macros for doughnuts..

😂 You've seen me, I don't need any doughnuts!  Maybe I should eat them in my salad instead!!!

• Like 1