Top Shelf Aquatics

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

Looks great, now get it filled with some saltwater lol

Thanks Justin but I gotta wait for the stand to get in. I am leaving for Nashville, TN this Friday morning. I get back Sunday night but then leave again Wednesday morning for Louisiana until the following Monday night. So even if I pick up the stand tomorrow nothin' is happening until after the Louisiana trip. Maybe wet by Halloween- BOO!

Thanks Justin but I gotta wait for the stand to get in. I am leaving for Nashville, TN this Friday morning. I get back Sunday night but then leave again Wednesday morning for Louisiana until the following Monday night. So even if I pick up the stand tomorrow nothin' is happening until after the Louisiana trip. Maybe wet by Halloween- BOO!

Boo indeed :/ Well, all in good time...all in good time ;) *Sigh*

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Awwww! I don't have a competition for once this weekend and I was gonna stalk this! Oh well. Have fun on your trip!

Nick

• Like 1

Awwww! I don't have a competition for once this weekend and I was gonna stalk this! Oh well. Have fun on your trip!

Nick

Thanks Nick, we will!

The stand came in today so my husband is picking it up after work. I wont be able to do anything with it until Monday since we are travelling. I am hoping to get it painted before our 2nd trip Wednesday morning. That way when we get home I will be close to thinking about transferring everything.

• Like 1

Thanks Gena. I am hoping that it casts some of that pastel magic on my coral like your tank does!

I am really liking how the painted sand turned out. But I will miss covering up bases and stuff that I don't want to show with real sand, LOL.

It will :). My background will be black on the new tank! I'm gonna miss the lighter color.
  • Like 1

This is such a fantastic idea, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Thanks MrsPeet. I am chomping at the bit to get started as well because I am excited to see how it turns out too!

While we were in Nashville visiting our son, my husband saw a lfs. So we stopped in at Aquatic Critters and it had some pretty nice coral. In fact I came home with a large gorg. I should not be buying now with a tank transfer on the horizon but the gorg was big, healthy and a good price.

• Like 1

So far I have primed and put 1 coat of paint on the stand. I am planning to cut the decorative molding I bought to dress the tank up a little and glue it into place tonight. Then another coat of paint over everything tomorrow. Hopefully some time this weekend will be glazing the stand to give it that french provincial look. The glaze takes more time to dry and cure than the paint so it should probably sit at least a week after that.

• Like 2

20161018_144230_zpsfzivyiqu.jpg~original

The stand just before priming.

20161020_152718_zpsr32nkaqd.jpg~original

After 1 coat of paint. As you can see this pine stand is bare bones and needs a little dressing up to fit into my decor and to give the glaze some crevices to go into.

• Like 5

You go Girl!!

Work it!

Do you like it Astinus? I did not glue it in place yet because I want to make sure that it is not too much. It seems like my grown kids decor is simpler but our house has an early american feel, with carved antiques and such.

I do like that Carved wood look on that Base :) It gives the Base a little more appeal IMHO. (In my humble opinion)

Now if ya really want to go bonkers ;) Google "Wainscoting". Have fun!!!

• Like 1

I do like that Carved wood look on that Base :) It gives the Base a little more appeal IMHO. (In my humble opinion)

Now if ya really want to go bonkers ;) Google "Wainscoting". Have fun!!!

I appreciate your humble opinion and I think I will go ahead and glue it down. I loved the wainscoting. In fact I saw a red oak that was gourgeous but it was over $100 and my decorative molding was $6, so there you have it...the pocketbook dictates!

• Like 2

;) I was, umm, implying that u apply the Wainscoting to ur walls ;)

I certainly am in the same boat regarding the Pocketbook dictates the spending :)

• Like 1

;) I was, umm, implying that u apply the Wainscoting to ur walls ;)

I certainly am in the same boat regarding the Pocketbook dictates the spending :)

Oops LOL, my bad! Actually we already have an oak half wall on 2 walls of our livingroom/diningroom. We did that probably 20-25 years ago so it was not called wainscoting to my knowledge.

Ooo! I really like the new stand, Dawn! I'm really looking forward to this build!

Yes, I am also pleased. The more I get done the more excited I am getting to get this tank up and running. This morning I glued the decorative moulding and also I finally leak tested the tank. Whew, it passed!

• Like 1

I put a 2nd coat of paint on the stand. When Dave saw it he said that it is really looking like a piece of furniture rather than just a fish tank stand. :-)

If I glaze tomorrow or Monday then I am thinking that the transfer can take place next weekend, which is very exciting! I have been planning that process out in my head for the last few days.

• Like 4