Top Shelf Aquatics

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

RIP Sebastian

Thanks everyone for following along. They are adorable and O so cute! I am also looking forward to seeing them in the display.

I am worried about the little boy though. He is lethargic and unengaged. He just stays hitched and does not even look at the mysis. She went exploring as soon as I put her in the tank and she eats everything in sight. I am hoping tomorrow he is perkier.

:( I hope everything goes okay. Knowing you, you'll trick him into snicking up some food.

Nick

• Like 1

:( I hope everything goes okay. Knowing you, you'll trick him into snicking up some food.

Nick

This morning he is swimming around a little and seems a bit more interested. If I can get him to just snick a little food then I think he will be good. He's a beautiful perfect pony so I feel I should be able to get something that entices him.

I contacted Seahorse Source last night and they said there is a chance that he is pregnant. He is so little but his pouch does look full so maybe that is it. The males are more secretive and less interested in eating when they are pregnant.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

This morning he is swimming around a little and seems a bit more interested. If I can get him to just snick a little food then I think he will be good. He's a beautiful perfect pony so I feel I should be able to get something that entices him.

I contacted Seahorse Source last night and they said there is a chance that he is pregnant. He is so little but his pouch does look full so maybe that is it. The males are more secretive and less interested in eating when they are pregnant.

IMG_6197.JPG

• Like 6

Have you gotten any close up photos or are they too shy?

They are very shy and right now they are both hitched to the underside of the live rock I have in their tank. I will surely get some more pics as soon as they cooperate!

:lol:

Or whatever else he has a craving for!

Amen teeny, anything he wants is his!
  • Like 3

I was able to get live brine shrimp at a lfs. I fed some immediately, (to elicit a feeding response) and the rest I am enriching. I also harvested some of my amphipod culture. It is doing much better than I ever imagined. I was able to add 30+ amphipods to the QT where the new ponies are still recovering from shipping stress.

• Like 8

I have been worrying and fretting over my new ponies, especially the little boy whom I had not seen him eat anything. This morning I was praying about it, (because I believe God cares about me and He cares about our creatures and pets). Anyway, when I poured some more amphipods in after my prayer, didn't that little guy stretch out and eat 2 while I was watching! PTL!

I'm sure you'll be able to get him eating :) Especially with the variety of food you offer!

I was being to doubt but I am feeling better about it now.

• Like 10
RIP Sebastian

I have been worrying and fretting over my new ponies, especially the little boy whom I had not seen him eat anything. This morning I was praying about it, (because I believe God cares about me and He cares about our creatures and pets). Anyway, when I poured some more amphipods in after my prayer, didn't that little guy stretch out and eat 2 while I was watching! PTL!

I was being to doubt but I am feeling better about it now.

Nom nom nom!

• Like 1

Glad to hear hes eating, was probably just stressed from the shipping.

I am sure that was it but I was really beginning to freak. Now that I think about it I kind of remember that Adam and Eve were not exactly pigging out in the first weeks either. It takes them awhile. The important thing is that the 'hunger strike' has been broken!
  • Like 3

20161110_163812_zpsbqwfzctn.jpg

The new babies are getting all the attention so I thought we should send some love Eve's way. She is changing color, don't you think? I remember her being brownish red. Now she is yellow brown.

• Like 6
RIP Sebastian
On 11/10/2016 at 4:24 PM, vlangel said:

The new babies are getting all the attention so I thought we should send some love Eve's way. She is changing color, don't you think? I remember her being brownish red. Now she is yellow brown.

:wub:

Hey Dawn,

I've got a couple of softy frags and I feel bad about not giving you anything or paying for the gobies. Want some?

Nick

• Like 2

:wub:

Hey Dawn,

I've got a couple of softy frags and I feel bad about not giving you anything or paying for the gobies. Want some?

Nick

O wow, thanks Nick. As long as they do not sting I would love softie frag/s.
  • Like 1
RIP Sebastian

O wow, thanks Nick. As long as they do not sting I would love softie frag/s.

I have a crap ton of Xenia and a few Kenya Tree frags... as well as some Zoas. Not sure if you want those, but you do have palys, so let me know!

Nick

• Like 1
On 11/10/2016 at 6:39 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

I have a crap ton of Xenia and a few Kenya Tree frags... as well as some Zoas. Not sure if you want those, but you do have palys, so let me know!

Nick

I love xenia but have not had luck wit it. Still I would like to try again. I have a kenya tree but would enjoy another and sometimes they are different colors. And I will always take zoas! Thanks Nick.

On 11/10/2016 at 4:24 PM, vlangel said:

Some folks on another site thought this pic was poetic? I agreed!

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian

I love xenia but have not had luck wit it. Still I would like to try again. I have a kenya tree but would enjoy another and sometimes they are different colors. And I will always take zoas! Thanks Nick.

Some folks on another site thought this pic was poetic? I agreed!

Sure thing!

• Like 2

My shipment of feeder shrimp came in and to my delight they were little. I put in about 6 for Ruth and Boaz and immediately the little ponies perked up and took notice.

They both then proceeded with ruthless precision to hunt down the hapless shrimp. Boaz who has been so unengaged sucked in a shrimp the size of his head! Ruth prefers to snap them in half and try to suck in both pieces before Boaz cashes in on her kill.

• Like 5
On 11/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, teenyreef said:

I'm glad they're eating! So you picked Ruth and Boaz for the names? That's really cute :)

Yes, I decided that was a sweeter Bible couple than Samson and Delilah. Its going to be awkward if Boaz prefers Eve over Ruth however. LOL

20161111_114851_zps4ejspnuh.jpg

Still not the greatest quality picture but at least you can see Ruth and Boaz. They are not cowering in the darkest crevices anymore either which is good.

• Like 5

My shipment of feeder shrimp came in and to my delight they were little. I put in about 6 for Ruth and Boaz and immediately the little ponies perked up and took notice.

They both then proceeded with ruthless precision to hunt down the hapless shrimp. Boaz who has been so unengaged sucked in a shrimp the size of his head! Ruth prefers to snap them in half and try to suck in both pieces before Boaz cashes in on her kill.

:wub:omgomgomg:D

• Like 1