Coral Vue Hydros

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

Well, I thought the country would burn tomorrow but now I guess it won't. :)

I sure hope not, Nick but I know what you mean. Whatever happens tonight (and lets face it, neither outcome is great) I will pray for our country and leave it in God's hands and I am going to enjoy my new pets!

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian

I sure hope not, Nick but I know what you mean. Whatever happens tonight (and lets face it, neither outcome is great) I will pray for our country and leave it in God's hands and I am going to enjoy my new pets!

Ditto!

• Like 1
On 11/8/2016 at 6:36 AM, stellablue said:

New ponies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you think of names yet?

I haven't yet Rachel. I figured that I needed to see them awhile first. My daughter in law asked if they would be Cain and Able since my 1st ponies were Adam and Eve. I told her, "no I was pretty sure that would NOT be their names," LOL.

20161108_085538_zpsumuv3hrz.jpg

I am appropriately dressed and ready to meet the new seahorses!

• Like 7
RIP Sebastian
On 11/8/2016 at 7:03 AM, vlangel said:

I haven't yet Rachel. I figured that I needed to see them awhile first. My daughter in law asked if they would be Cain and Able since my 1st ponies were Adam and Eve. I told her, "no I was pretty sure that would NOT be their names," LOL.

I LOVE IT! How about Samson and Delilah? But, ya know, without the betrayal.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2016 at 7:03 AM, vlangel said:

These are great!! Are you getting the pipes from ocean rider? I think I'm going to go with a group of 5 for the macro tank!

• Like 1
On 11/8/2016 at 7:09 AM, RIP Sebastian said:

I LOVE IT! How about Samson and Delilah? But, ya know, without the betrayal.

Ha ha, yes I was thinking of that as a possibility.

On 11/8/2016 at 7:17 AM, jedimasterben said:

Seahorses don't have hair, so it's cool :D

LOL, so it would seem that she already shaved him! I am liking it. Just so no rocks crash down on him and everyone else!!!

On 11/8/2016 at 8:22 AM, stellablue said:

These are great!! Are you getting the pipes from ocean rider? I think I'm going to go with a group of 5 for the macro tank!

Yes, that is the plan. I will wait for the tank to catch up to the bioload of the 3 seahorses first.

Your pipefish will be so happy in your macro tank.

20161108_101242_zpseydcrd0g.jpg

Well everyone, here is the first pic! Sorry that it is not better but they chose the darkest part of the QT to hang out.

• Like 10

LOL, so it would seem that she already shaved him! I am liking it. Just so no rocks crash down on him and everyone else!!!

Yes, that is the plan. I will wait for the tank to catch up to the bioload of the 3 seahorses first.

I hope so!! I'm going to wait a couple months until the tank is definitely stable. I can't wait to see your new poniessssssssssss!

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

20161108_101242_zpseydcrd0g.jpg

Well everyone, here is the first pic! Sorry that it is not better but they chose the darkest part of the QT to hang out.

Awww! Count on me gettin' the other gobies before 3:30 this weekend.

Nick

• Like 1

They look great. Hope they do well for you.

The look very healthy. She is the inquisitive one exploring all over the QT. He is quietly staying hitched but seems content. I will know more when I go to feed them but I want to give them a few hours to settle in.

Awww! Count on me gettin' the other gobies before 3:30 this weekend.

Nick

Ok, sounds good!
  • Like 1

They made it!!! :happydance:

They did indeed!

I missed the photo post!! They're beautiful!

Yes, they are beautiful. Of course is there such a thing as an ugly unattractive seahorse?

WOW! Congrats Dawn! So happy that U now have Tank Mates for Eve :wub:B):happy:

Thanks Astinus! It will be a few days before they are out of the QT and in with Eve but this is step 1!

• Like 2

Yay! They are so cute :)

Good to see they made it and are in good shape. Will be great to see them swimming happily in the DT :)

Adorable! More pics?

Thanks everyone for following along. They are adorable and O so cute! I am also looking forward to seeing them in the display.

I am worried about the little boy though. He is lethargic and unengaged. He just stays hitched and does not even look at the mysis. She went exploring as soon as I put her in the tank and she eats everything in sight. I am hoping tomorrow he is perkier.

• Like 3

I forgot that I have an amphipod culture in my fishroom. The last I checked it, it was doing alright so I think I need to try and harvest some of my pods and offer them to the new seahorses in hopes that it will spark some interest in the little boy.

• Like 4