inTank Media Baskets

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

The tank is looking good! Glad you have things under control and are getting Eve some new friends soon. I think you definitely see more interactions when there are other ponies in the tank. Looking forward to it :)

Thanks! I did feel a bit of panic when I did the ammonia test Thursday and it was 1.0 ppm! I may have added too many drops of the 2nd bottle also which may have tainted that test. At any rate yesterday it was near 0 which was a huge relief.

Yes, I am really chomping at the bit to order new seahorses. I think Eve will be very happy to have some friends. I even considered ordering her a mate but I really want pipefish too. 6 syngnathids in my tank is doable but leaves less margin for error so I will settle on 3 ponies, 2 pipes and the royal gramma.

And this is how to reef. :)

Ahh, thanks Patrick!

• Like 3

Yes, that sounds like a good combo as far as livestock :)

As I said - it's going to be fun to see where you take this! Seahorses and pipefish are both such interesting animals. I'd love to some day go out to Hawaii and visit the seahorse farm!

• Like 1

Thanks! I did feel a bit of panic when I did the ammonia test Thursday and it was 1.0 ppm! I may have added too many drops of the 2nd bottle also which may have tainted that test. At any rate yesterday it was near 0 which was a huge relief.

Yes, I am really chomping at the bit to order new seahorses. I think Eve will be very happy to have some friends. I even considered ordering her a mate but I really want pipefish too. 6 syngnathids in my tank is doable but leaves less margin for error so I will settle on 3 ponies, 2 pipes and the royal gramma.

Ahh, thanks Patrick!

"At the bit" -----seahorses :lol:....get it ?!?
  • Like 2

Yes, that sounds like a good combo as far as livestock :)

As I said - it's going to be fun to see where you take this! Seahorses and pipefish are both such interesting animals. I'd love to some day go out to Hawaii and visit the seahorse farm!

I really liked both the seahorses and pipefish. The pipefish add activity to the tank while the seahorses add personality.

The seahorse farm in Hawaii is where Eve came from and I also would enjoy visiting it someday. That is where I will get the pipefish since they are the only captive bred pipefish available.

I called Seahorse Source to discuss buying seahorses. No one was available to answer the phone but I left a message.

• Like 3

Well Seahorse Source called me back and I am psyched! I know I originally was going to purchase from PEA. I changed my mind because Dan Underwood has helped me with my seahorses even though I did not buy from him. That spoke to me about how he cares for the animals and I decided that means more than picking the seahorses myself.

I will be receiving my new pair of ponies Tuesday morning. Dan and Abbie, the owners of Seahorse Source are awesome and I am so pleased to support their buisness. I will be getting a male and a female with one of them being a pinto, (multicolor). I can't wait.

• Like 8

Well Seahorse Source called me back and I am psyched! I know I originally was going to purchase from PEA. I changed my mind because Dan Underwood has helped me with my seahorses even though I did not buy from him. That spoke to me about how he cares for the animals and I decided that means more than picking the seahorses myself.

I will be receiving my new pair of ponies Tuesday morning. Dan and Abbie, the owners of Seahorse Source are awesome and I am so pleased to support their buisness. I will be getting a male and a female with one of them being a pinto, (multicolor). I can't wait.

Woo hoo! omgomgomg

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

It was great meeting you and Dave! Thanks again for the macros!

Nick

• Like 3

This is exciting I'm happy the transfer went well and the ammonia is under control. Best part is you get new ponies coming! Following!

Thanks drgibby! It is always exciting to look forward to getting new fish but seahorses are extra special, (at least for me). They have such personalities so there is that aspect to look forward to as well.

• Like 1

Looks lovely!!

Can't wait to see the new ponies!

Looks lovely!!

Can't wait to see the new ponies!

Thanks kimberbee! I can't wait to show you the new ponies.

RIP Sebastian

Thanks kimberbee! I can't wait to show you the new ponies.

You'll be happy to know that the addition went "swimmingly" :). One of the gobies found a little cave right in the front of the tank. I know the other one is there 'cause I see her from time to time. I was spot feeding today to make sure they were eating and one lil' guy stuck his head right into the turkey baster! It was great! I'm tempted to come back this upcoming weekend to check out the new ponies and take the rest of the gobies, haha! The macros are doing great, too!

Nick

• Like 3

You'll be happy to know that the addition went "swimmingly" :). One of the gobies found a little cave right in the front of the tank. I know the other one is there 'cause I see her from time to time. I was spot feeding today to make sure they were eating and one lil' guy stuck his head right into the turkey baster! It was great! I'm tempted to come back this upcoming weekend to check out the new ponies and take the rest of the gobies, haha! The macros are doing great, too!

Nick

Ha ha, I used to feed them with the turkey baster and they would stick their head in it and help themself! I am glad they adjusted so well. THey will be happier in your tank than my feeder tank for sure. I am glad you are liking the macros too. I will check tomorrow for the other 2 gobies to make sure they are still in there. If they are you can have them.
  • Like 1

My 10 gallon QT is all set up with with some LR, some artificial decor for hitches and the HOB prizm pro protein skimmer. I doubt any other filter is needed as I will do WCs as needed for the 5-7 days they are in this tank.

• Like 4

New ponies tomorrow!! omgomgomgomgomgomg ...... right?! :D

I thought I was so excited the first time I got ponies that I thought nothing could ever compare to that. This is just as exciting though!

Election? Who cares... tomorrow is SEAHORSE DAY! :haha:

LOL, this post made Dave and I laugh so loud, kimberbee! Thank you!!!

• Like 3