inTank Media Baskets

Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater, 25 watt > Hydor 25W

gno

Tank: Fluval 5 evo

This is a great heater and would highly recommend it. The heater is very accurate and tells you where the current temp is at and lets you know if your tank is under or over the temp setting.

I have returned TWO Hydor 25 watt heaters back to Amazon because the temp was not accurate and overheating my tank, even through my temp was at 83 (Set at 75 for testing), I still saw the light turning on on both heaters even through it is over the temp! I have two thermometers to verify, one glass and the other digital...

$36.70 VS $15.29 = YES it is worth it!!!

The only con is it is wide for the chamber and had to place it on my display but I actually really like looking at the LED's verifying my temp on the heater and my thermometer.

I'm a big Hydor fan but not on their heaters sorry...

• 2 months later...
mountainstatereefer

Just as an FYI the 50 watt is the same size as the 25 watt should you ever need a stronger heater for the tank.

Also it should fit in the return compartment if you place it in at an angle, unless the EVO return compartment is smaller than the Spec V. Last I seen they were identical.

Just a thought. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hydor Theo heaters have a bad reputation for maintaining temperature, and they often run hot. That has been my experience with them as well.

That being said, I still use them on my tanks but only when they are run by my Apex.

Archived