Coral Vue Hydros

"Luckreef" ebay seller produced frag tank

crawdads57

I wanted to review this product and eBay seller here since I ended up buying this direct from him and therefore cannot leave him the feedback he deserves on eBay. If you're looking to get a new tank or sump custom built and shipped, I want to recommend Dan "luckreef" on eBay. Give him a chance to quote what you want done - I am very happy that I did. Search "frag tank" on eBay and you'll see several of his products for sale. Dan did not offer me anything to review his work. He didn't even know that I was going to do this until I told him how happy I was with what I received and told him I wanted to give him a good post on nano-reef. Here is a link to my build thread on this project: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/376989-crawdads-10-gallon-custom-zoaacan-frag-sandbox/

Dan was very informative and a great communicator as we went through the process of getting the specs down on this build. He was also extremely flexible and didn't show any impatience with me though I was obviously very cost-conscious. We emailed and texted until it was all decided and when he went to work I was confident that he had the same vision that I did. When I received the tank (and a sump) it was precisely what we had discussed - no surprises.

The AIO is 18 X 18 X 9.5 overall outside, and has all the bells and whistles I asked for. 1) a specially made media rack chamber allowing for plenty of space for my protein skimmer and heater, 2) complimentary frag racks (***more on that below***), and 3) a "sandbox" I asked for in lieu of a coral viewer which Dan offered without charge. The tank holds approximately 10.25 gallons of water after all the equipment and the live rock / dead rock / live sand you see in the pics below.

Dan also made a new sump for my other display tank, as I needed something I could get through a cabinet door that is only 8.5" wide and this had left me using a small tank without enough volume to accomplish the filtration I needed. The new sump is 8.5 X 12.75 and 16H, it fits like a glove - everything he produced for me is to a tolerance of 1/32" or less - its just dead nuts everywhere you measure it. He took into account building both at the same time when he quoted me the price and I could immediately tell that the price was fair and no haggling was required up front.

And in the end, not a scratch anywhere, packaging was perfect, timing was perfectly acceptable and the price could not be beat, though I had shopped this around for a few weeks. The best part is that he texted me to check that I was happy after I received the products and my only complaint was that I had not seen that the measurements I gave him for the frag racks would have actually allowed me to have 3 instead of the 2 I asked for - if I simply turned them the other way, duh! ***Dan simply said no problem, though I explained that it wasn't a big enough deal that I wanted to pay the shipping for 1 little frag rack. He just said, don't worry, I'll make it and send it free of charge. I obviously couldn't pass that up and I expect to have it in the mail here in a couple days.

So that's what I mean about this guy - he did what he said he was going to do on the time frame he said he would do it in, and even though he knew I was totally happy with his work and price, he just went ahead and did something nice for a customer even when he knew he had already given me great service. Some pics below. I will also be doing a build thread as this tank progresses.

post-91894-0-01220900-1473189932_thumb.jpg

post-91894-0-36729300-1473190059_thumb.jpg

post-91894-0-06744700-1473190085_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 3-part dosing container (1.5 liter per chamber) I got from Dan. The build quality was so top-notch I decided to get my custom ATO reservoir built by him as well. Superb job. Custom color, float switch holder, float valve opening at the top... 16 x 16 x 8 and holds almost 8 gallons. I've had it for over a year and its been holding great. My next order will be a frag tank. My 1st order was on eBay. After that I have been emailing him directly for quotes. You can reach him at ddacrylics (at) gmail . His prices are always better than any quote from any other acrylic fabricator.

IMG_20170802_190703714.jpg

ato reservoir.jpg

sump.jpg

s-l1600.jpg