Innovative Marine Aquariums

Marine Color Dosing System w/Modified Pumps

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

Marine Color 3-Part Dosing System w/Modified Pumps

The Marine Color Dosing System is now available at OceanboxDesigns.com.

This is a great dosing system, however one major flaw lies within the pump heads. While the pump is operating, the tubing is allowed to move outward perpendicularly to the spindle due to the centrifugal force and introduce air bubble into the tubing. When this happen, it will throw the dosing volume out of balance and become highly inaccurate!

I have found a way to fix this issue and I'm offering the modded pump heads for anyone who purchased my system. The modified pump heads included an o-ring retainer (1 per head) to keep the tubing from sliding outward and air tight. This will also keep the tubing from rubbing against the outer casing and reduce pre-mature wear.

Oceanbox Designs™ exclusive modified pump heads enhanced the following:

• Increase Dosing Accuracy.
  • Eliminate Air Bubble Inside Tubing.
  • Reduce Pre-Mature Wear Of Tubing.

Product Features:

• Programmable, Fully Automatic Dosing Controller.
  • Auto Backup Settings With Power Outage (Settings Will Not Reset Once Power Comes Back On)
  • Pump Is Supplied With Long Life Pharmaceutical Hose (Lifespan Is 60 Times Than Silicon Tubes).
  • Interactive Interface Parameter Settings.
  • Pump Calibration Feature For Accurate Dosing Amount
  • Expansion Up To 6 Dosing Pumps.
  • Dosing Start Time And Stop Time Can Be Set Separately.
  • Dosing Schedule Can Be Set Up To 24 Cycles Per Day.

Specifications:

• Model: MCD-3-M
  • Power Suppply: 12V 2A (Included)
  • Accuracy: <± 3%
  • Size: 220x140x60mm
  • Flow: 1-4999ml
  • Cycle : Max :24 Cycle Per Day
  • 6M Silicon Tube Included
  • A Measuring Cylinder Included

28864364714_a52278e889_b.jpg

29454849616_b9619d74fa_b.jpg

Oceanbox Designs

Crazy. I never had a single issue with my Marine color several years ago.

I've tested several units, they're all the same, the pumps produce a lot of vibration and the mounting base aren't fully secured and vibration will cause the head to come apart and allowing the tubing to slide outward. Another mod I did (wasn't mentioned above) was securing the mounting base (not the pump housing) with superglue, this prevent it from coming loose and enhance the performance greatly. Note that you can still replace the pump head if needed since only the mounting plate is glued down and not the pump housing itself.

I only want to improve its performance because I didn't want to sell something that i know could be problematic for my customers, had I not known I would have left it alone but since I experienced the issue myself and I have to fix it. Plus I didn't add any extra cost for the extra work so it's win win for everyone :)

Archived