Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

bubble alage is so miserable.... i dk what to do. phosphate is at 0.02 and it's not going anywhere.... 

i ordered 12 more emerald crabs. lets see if that helps. 

I had that problem in my Evo 5 too… hopefully the emeralds will do the trick!

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

I had that problem in my Evo 5 too… hopefully the emeralds will do the trick!

if not i'm draining and dowsing in h2o2 again. i was lazy last time and didn't clean the bubble algae off the sand like i should've.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
25 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

nice to see visual improvement across the tank, 👍

yeah, colors are really stepping up.

myagi lost some yellow/green but everything else is looking so good.

next issue to tackle is this f****in bubble algae.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
30 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

yeah, colors are really stepping up.

myagi lost some yellow/green but everything else is looking so good.

next issue to tackle is this f****in bubble algae.

i'm about to cut an entire primary branch off of my scape just to rid myself from bubble algae and invasive sponge (the BA embed itself inside the sponge, so now nothing eats it, except the slow-af urchins).  if you look closely to my fts, there's the main forward-pointing branch that I dont put anything on, except the digi.  that's the one.  

TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

i'm about to cut an entire primary branch off of my scape just to rid myself from bubble algae and invasive sponge (the BA embed itself inside the sponge, so now nothing eats it, except the slow-af urchins).  if you look closely to my fts, there's the main forward-pointing branch that I dont put anything on, except the digi.  that's the one.  

if you cut it off, just dowse it in peroxide, and put it back. within 3 days the bubble algae flakes away.

i'm sure it'll kill the sponge too

mitten_reef
39 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

CCAE8A51-A479-4073-98D2-AFCBD4562659.thumb.jpeg.3ae82b76a5a91825e2450ea62d4ce2b8.jpeg

the f*** is that?????

it was on my glass. I watched it for a good 30 mins and it didn’t move at all. 

looks kinda neat.  soft or hard?  random HH urchin?  nem?  clearly it got up on the glass somehow, so it must be mobile, and not just relying on current.... 

• Like 1

I cant tell what that is at all, would you be able to take a more macro shot of it? 

I also was thinking maybe some sort of Urchin or also maybe some kind of nudibranch, Hard to see any defining features besides tan/brown blob with things sticking out of it. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, sapling said:

I cant tell what that is at all, would you be able to take a more macro shot of it? 

I also was thinking maybe some sort of Urchin or also maybe some kind of nudibranch, Hard to see any defining features besides tan/brown blob with things sticking out of it. 

I tried to but my camera was dead. 😕 

33 minutes ago, A.m.P said:

Baby shroom or nem?

I’m thinking baby shroom. I have a one on the top rock that looked similar but it’s never moved or split. This thing randomly popped up today. Tossed it just in case 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
11 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Another wtf is this thing. 

00169CC1-533C-456D-9D1A-29D0FE5E3D29.jpeg.c02a4cb7d5c7134ab32f4df5a3469cda.jpegCA244943-36C1-4B8F-BD9F-97B969FBF514.jpeg.3093e4037ff37659f78506e109ca2394.jpeg

did you see there's another one just under the monti?  how mobile are these guys?  they could be shrooms, but being that close to monti, with all the spikes, makes me worry about them being a nudi...

• Agree 1
TheKleinReef
12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

did you see there's another one just under the monti?  how mobile are these guys?  they could be shrooms, but being that close to monti, with all the spikes, makes me worry about them being a nudi...

I thought that was one too. But that’s a growth spot on the spongodes. I just busted out the macro lens again to be sure. It definitely looks like one at that angle. 

right now I only have 3 and the two I’ve had for months are still exactly where they were originally. 

12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

ps.  they also look like some type of softies babies with the "trunk/stalk" from the side view.

yeah they are interesting. Monti shows no stress and the zoas are super happy so I’m not quite sure what they are. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

00169CC1-533C-456D-9D1A-29D0FE5E3D29.jpeg.c02a4cb7d5c7134ab32f4df5a3469cda.jpeg

This pic to me looks like it has some sort of center to it, the striping kind of leads there if you look,  

Im not a pro, but seems more like a polyp of some kind than a nudi seeing that. Usually the pest nudi's Ive seen have a uniform "camo" to it, this one doesn't 

Im really unsure what it could be, but Im thinking this is probably some kind of anemone or mushroom. 

could you try to feed it? maybe that could get you a better idea if that center is actually a mouth,

very interesting tbh

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
TheKleinReef

My bullet proof dragon soul torch is looking a little stressed. Not as floofy. I wonder why. Nothing really has changed. Might double check the nitrate and phosphate but those numbers haven’t moved in months. 🤔 

• Like 2
On 5/16/2023 at 10:19 PM, TheKleinReef said:

00169CC1-533C-456D-9D1A-29D0FE5E3D29.jpeg.c02a4cb7d5c7134ab32f4df5a3469cda.jpegCA244943-36C1-4B8F-BD9F-97B969FBF514.jpeg.3093e4037ff37659f78506e109ca2394.jpeg

I had these come in a ricordea frag I got.  Still not sure exactly what they are.  I zapped it off too cause who knows what it could have turned into..looked shroomy to me 

Knowing my luck, it's gonna be a designer shroom or something a year from now worth a pile of money lol. 

TheKleinReef
16 hours ago, ml86743 said:

I had these come in a ricordea frag I got.  Still not sure exactly what they are.  I zapped it off too cause who knows what it could have turned into..looked shroomy to me 

Knowing my luck, it's gonna be a designer shroom or something a year from now worth a pile of money lol. 

omg what an idea. give it some BS name and sell it for $150 a polyp 

I’ll see what they turn into. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36