Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TheKleinReef

friend suggested i off center the rock structure, I'm hesitant to move it as it'll expose the ugly overflow trapezoid.

thoughts?

2 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

image_6483441.thumb.JPG.29417c0848218df81fe5a61520b4467f.JPG

here's what I came up with, I can't upload another cause it's upside down, even from my PC.

I think I'm going to add a rock where the yellow drawing is to make another tunnel. Also Thinking about a small island on the L side for some anemones, but I'll need to build that so there's enough holes and stuff for the feetsies.

bump to next page

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd Bonsai NUVO 75
TheKleinReef
8 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

Maybe off center it to the right and put a rock structure on the far left to equilibrate the scape 🤷‍♂️.

467908161_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.172e568e9d6bfca7c80aab2dfa0203ea.jpg

I was planning on doing another rock structure for anemones.

I just do not want to see that overflow box lol .I'll move it tonight and snap a picture.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

I think it had something to do with apple RAW

C4AA25F9-AF2F-41BC-9E53-4501966B2AFA.thumb.jpeg.ca0db9004c7cab35843095f2f9893c7a.jpeg

Added a small island to the left. Pushed the scape over 2” I really don’t like how much open space was removed by adding a second rock. Makes me hesitant to connect the larger structure to the sand bed. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
TheKleinReef

Yesterday I posted a pic and added a second smaller structure but I’m not too happy with it to be honest. It took a lot of open space away. Or it’s just the temporary frag rack that makes it look cluttered. 

the rock on the right is temporary as well. 
i have some zip ties to hide but I ran out of epoxy. I was using coral gum but I’m not a fan, is there something better to mount rubble pieces to the rock to hide the zip ties?

opinions are appreciated!!

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
3 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

is there something better to mount rubble pieces to the rock to hide the zip ties?

wait i'm dumb. I could just put the coral gum right onto the zipties, instead of mounting rocks to them as well. lol

TheKleinReef

I don't like it. moved the big structure back to the middle.

The center support of course centered, but the arms branch out towards rule of third lines. when i offset the center the whole alignment seems off.

I'm gonna play with the smaller islands since i moved it*

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Can someone help me make the tragedies stop. 

F7B0A5D8-596C-4870-A97A-D82D9F83EE99.jpeg

Dead on the sand. Was fine and they both ate aggressively at lunch. 

Watched the tank closely since the rescape. Normal squabbling but no consistent bullying. 

Tested for stray voltage with multimeter and it didn’t show any. 

• Sad 3

May be able to see if someone over on humblefish has an idea, the only thing a 300% zoom revealed to me is that it's over my head and I don't see anything definitive, I'm really sorry for the loss.

TheKleinReef
53 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

I love your scape 👍

Thanks. Added some extra connections to the ground for the fishes. Might shift it a few inches to the left but I’m liking it a lot better than my last one. 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

got my triton test back.

everything was in in the green except:

molybdenum which was 2 micrograms/L, they recommend 12.

iodine which was 9 micrograms/L, they recommend 30-90

I sent in water before the huge brightwell water change, and after the 35G TM Pro WC.

I expected more to be wrong....

TheKleinReef
10 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

So still a mystery....has things stabilized since the new scape?

Things stabilized after 40g ~60% WC with NeoMarine salt. Which definitely makes me think it was the salt. Nitrate phosphate are relatively the same as before.

19 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

If I run the pics through the Lightroom app on my phone they seem to work. 

C4311C7A-D762-4ADC-99E4-321B332D79C9.jpeg

Also added diffusers. Forgot to mention that. 

• Like 3
TheKleinReef

Can not get a feeding response from the brain coral. Skin looks like it’s saranwrap. Tried smaller particulates and aminos. It poofs up a bit then I try placing the mysis on the flesh (pumps off) and it just does nothing 😞

• Sad 2
TheKleinReef
9 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

what does this even mean?  maybe it's not hungry?

Like the flesh isn’t fleshy. Just retracted so tightly against the skeleton. Usually brains have some inflation to them. 

TheKleinReef

Want to collect sps again but I have no idea to tell if I fixed what killed everything. I currently have 2 left. A granulosa and the kat. 

what’s so strange is all the coralline died too. 

bright side. LPS look happy. Even the brain seems to be a tad happier. Also added a diamond goby from marine collectors. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

I have done nothing to this tank except water changes with 7.4-7.5 water. No dosing, nothing. 

alk is 8.7 

This is baffling me. About to sell it off and quit this hobby forever. 

• Sad 5
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's WYO'd Bonsai NUVO 75 - about to quit.
M. Tournesol
10 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I have done nothing to this tank except water changes with 7.4-7.5 water. No dosing, nothing. 

alk is 8.7 

Maybe you should stop thinking about alk as this problem is killing your passion for this hobby. You just need to not consider SPS corals. Your tank could still be enjoyable with only softy, LPS, zoa and shroom.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
mitten_reef
10 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

alk is 8.7 

That's really strange.

how many wc have you done?  If you have the means to do it, I'd try doing 50% wc at a time to make sure you're really diluting down the existing alk concentration.  And do it like 3 or 4 wc in two wks, make sure to feed heavy in between cuz your nutrient levels will tank and dino might pop up.     

also, AFR is a biological process, so who knows how much precursor of alk is still floating around in your reef.  Imagine, the bacteria is just munching away the precursor (calcium formate?) their own pace, and continues to spit out carbonate daily....that type of scenario.  Hence, big wc comment above.

Are you dosing anything else if you're not dosing cal/alk/mag?  anything at all that might upset the uptake balance?

Have you tested/checked pH lately?  I've seen it mentioned that there's a small correlation between pH and Alk, but I don't think it would cause a full unit dKh shift, but still worth checking.    

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36