Top Shelf Aquatics

TheKleinReef
23 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Whenever this happens to me - I let it come to room temp first by just leaving it in the living room first. Then I float afterwards. 

Sorry about the corals. 

That's a god idea, but I was just kinda scared since i could see one of the acros peeling right in the bag.

I've never had a temp difference that big before. The water in my TSA order was 83 degrees and I thought that was super impressive.

17 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

That's a god idea, but I was just kinda scared since i could see one of the acros peeling right in the bag.

I've never had a temp difference that big before. The water in my TSA order was 83 degrees and I thought that was super impressive.

Heat is killer... and hard to come back to. I'd rather recieve them in cold water than hot. 

There's not a good answer really, especially if they're already peeling in the bag... just a crappy situation to be in. 

1 minute ago, TheKleinReef said:

I'm at the point where I'd rather pay for good packaging than good sized frags and mediocre packing,

Check out Ty Ta. A+ packaging and packs like the delivery will get to you at 5pm. Man shipped out 3 jawdroppers to 3 different people two days ago and none of them made it there on time, but all are doing well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
TheKleinReef

More sps should be here Wednesday. Woop woop 

ORA stellar stylo 
Tricolor valida 
RR Aussie tort 
tsa exquisite stag 
Purple stylo
WWC yellow tip 

The sps I have now are doing okay. I think I’ve been blasting them with too much light. Dropped the radions down from 45 to 40 and now to 35%. Hope that’s the sweet spot. 

The only two from FOH that survived were the digi and spongodes. Not mad about that at all. I love those two 😅

• Like 3
TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Any half decent LPS pricing these days are all anxiety inducing. 

i know right.

I can't find generic torches/hammers/brains but i can find the super extreme ones for 3x more than a RR SPS frag... like wut

19 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

i know right.

I can't find generic torches/hammers/brains but i can find the super extreme ones for 3x more than a RR SPS frag... like wut

Blame the indo ban - it set off a buying craze and a price hike on lps that's never really gone away...

16 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

my red planet RTN'd from breakfast to lunch. wat

that coral is my Achilles heel. 0/3 have survived.

Every reefer has a mortal enemy. Mine are clams. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

RR Aussie gold RTN has stopped weirdly enough. Hopefully it rebounds. Everything else is looking good. Recent changes:

1. dropped radions max intensity to 25%

2. maintained vinegar at 15mL per day

3. added KZ pohl's xtra, KZ coral booster, and KZ amino acid LPS to the dosing regimen.

the bacteria film has started to subside as well. Now I just have to pay attention to alk and get the doser up and going when it needs it.

If anyone has some mille's or stags they're trying to trim please let me know 🙂

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Noticed some rtn.

realized I never hit save so my doser for acropower wasn't dosing. Probably stripped the water too much.

I need more fish.

Pic is on my camera but my computer is in pieces I'll try and get some up this weekend.

• Sad 1

ordered some clowns and a melanarus since i'm seeing a few wormies on my glass. which is super annoying considering how slow i've been taking it. I don't think they're AEFW or MEFW but I'll have to really check when I'm able.

TheKleinReef

I am incredibly disappointed with the GHL Profilux4. The set up guides are horrible, the user interface is borderline impossible to understand, it’s impossible to get help anywhere, there’s no resource guides basically except for YouTube videos that rarely are relevant to your scenario, and overall I think it’s drastically overpriced for what it is. If you really want to controller don’t even consider getting a GHL. 

expect a classified ad soon. 

• Sad 2
13 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I am incredibly disappointed with the GHL Profilux4. The set up guides are horrible, the user interface is borderline impossible to understand, it’s impossible to get help anywhere, there’s no resource guides basically except for YouTube videos that rarely are relevant to your scenario, and overall I think it’s drastically overpriced for what it is. If you really want to controller don’t even consider getting a GHL. 

expect a classified ad soon. 

You mean "the GHL is awesome and you should buy." 

• Haha 3
TheKleinReef

I remember going to my local fish store and seeing LPS corals for as little as $20 up to $250 for brains and scolys.

Now I can't find a single run of the mill torch coral for less than $300.

what. the. fish.

I bought a RR SPS for $50... come onnnnnnnn

Anyone have any torches (plain jane, or gold) or hammers (that aren't super green, cause I have a toxic green one)?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

I remember going to my local fish store and seeing LPS corals for as little as $20 up to $250 for brains and scolys.

Now I can't find a single run of the mill torch coral for less than $300.

what. the. fish.

I bought a RR SPS for $50... come onnnnnnnn

Anyone have any torches (plain jane, or gold) or hammers (that aren't super green, cause I have a toxic green one)?

The online torch craze (I don't know how every torch manages to have a name) had pretty much raised ALL euphyllia prices, no matter how run-of-the-mill they might be.  As more and more indo torches are coming in, you'd think the pricing will come down, but nope, it stays sky high.  sigh.  

• Like 2
  • TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36