inTank Media Baskets

3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wait.............recently renovated..........and you didnt think of a tank...........

well I sort of did. I didn’t change much. Just the floors and windows and some wall patches. I planned a bit But not for a peninsula. It’s planned for a 24” deep tank against the utility room.  

7 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

Have you given any thought to the Fiji Cube complete systems? They have a 108G with a ghost overflow or a corner overflow. I have their 81G and love it.

Welp thag tank is gorgeous. But I wanted to make my decision easier not harder!!

10 minutes ago, spectra said:

To bad you were not close as my local dealer has 2 RS peninsula tanks and told me today I would almost give them away.................

dang that's too bad. I think I want to stay a little smaller for now. I may end up using the 75G down the road for a frag tank.

I was thinking of getting the 50 but the dimensions are weird (30x24x16) i marked it out on the floor and the 75 fit the wall the best.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TheKleinReef said:

Placed the order!

For the 75G ?

I had a 48" tank and ended up going with a 72" tank............ I am a fan of always go bigger.......... I like my swimmers............

Just now, spectra said:

For the 75G ?

I had a 48" tank and ended up going with a 72" tank............ I am a fan of always go bigger.......... I like my swimmers............

yeah, 75G.

I think the 48" tank would just take up too much room and the plumbing didn't line up well with the utility room. I plan on doing more smaller fish than swimmers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheKleinReef said:

yeah, 75G.

I think the 48" tank would just take up too much room and the plumbing didn't line up well with the utility room. I plan on doing more smaller fish than swimmers.

Is it going against the wall to the room ?

I liked the area next to the couch for a peninsula.

2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I need to move closer to you. Dammit!

Yeah was talking to him today and he has a 900 coming in and said hell have had those peninsulas to long just want them gone.............

Just now, spectra said:

Is it going against the wall to the room ?

I liked the area next to the couch for a peninsula.

I do too but the size and upfront cost is killing me. And having the utility room on the opposite side gives that location a way better advantage for service and plumbing in frag tanks/ auto WC, dosing, sinks, etc.

I had a patient tell me today to stop delaying something I'll enjoy just to fill a dream. "You have your whole life to dream." She's right, I have my whole life to dream, right now I just want a happy medium between cost and enjoyment. The 75 fits that perfectly.

• Like 2
On 12/16/2019 at 8:22 PM, TheKleinReef said:

Do I throw myself back into this hobby that I know can help my emotional health when everything goes right? Do I throw myself back into a hobby that I know can hurt me if it fails?

TLDR: I'm back.

Anyone who has experienced a full tank crash and watched something they cared about that deeply die about knows that is a real dilemma.

It’s honestly like having your heart broken, and you don’t even realized what it meant to you until it’s gone.

At the end of the day, after we’ve had time to heal, I think most of us get back on the horse, because we know how special and rewarding it can be, it’s worth the risk.

The good news is you learn something each time, I wish you all the best.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Boop 

I say it’s a new set up, give whatever you want to try a go. Just try not to mix the nutrient removal methods, ie chemical (reactors) vs natural (live macro fuge), else you may be stripping the water “too clean”.

Honestly, I would love to try strictly macro as nutrient export if I have the room.

As far as the XR15FW, probably overkill but since you already have it why not try it if you go with macro method.  

19 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I say it’s a new set up, give whatever you want to try a go. Just try not to mix the nutrient removal methods, ie chemical (reactors) vs natural (live macro fuge), else you may be stripping the water “too clean”.

Honestly, I would love to try strictly macro as nutrient export if I have the room.

As far as the XR15FW, probably overkill but since you already have it why not try it if you go with macro method.  

I have a 62” limit against the wall for a sump. so should I have the fuge combined in that or get a smaller sump and run a bigger fuge separately. Maybe 20-30g. 

I plan on having a 20-30g frag tank but I’m not sure if I want that separate or not. It wouldn’t be too bad plumbing those in. 

• TheKleinReef changed the title to Roger's SPS 75G - NEW FTS PG 36