Pod Your Reef

Vote Now: 17g Drop Off Tank Poll!

Premiumaq

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which stocking option for our new tank do you pick???

• Garden eels with mangroves and red macro algae garden
    • Pipefish with Non photosynthetic corals

The time has come to vote on what we put in our Reef Crest 17g Drop off tank.

Brandon wanted to change things up from what reefers see everyday, so he worked hard on coming up with these stocking options. Please take the time to vote!

This poll will be set up for a few days...on all of our forums we are a part of including our social media sites Twitter and Facebook. Vote for your favorite of the two....and whichever wins will be there at the register for you to enjoy in the months to come. But you gotta vote to make a difference :)

Option #1)

> 3 or 5 spotted garden eels
> 1 cool (in season) goby perhaps if 3 eel bioload is chosen
> Pom Pom crabs, porcelain crabs, Pederson or bongo shrimp
> mangroves in top section, sea grass in sand bed and red macro algaes on a tunze cell pore frag rock on back wall of the bottom section

Filtration would consist of cell pore media spheres or blocks in the rear chamber, weekly 5g water changes, and the mangroves and macro algae.

Option #2)

> 3 or 5 pipefish - Janns's flag tail or yellow multi banded
>maybe a small goby when the correct season is here - gobies like the yasha or flaming prawn gobies are not available currently
> Sexy shrimp, porcelain crabs, Pom Pom crabs, Pederson shrimp
> NPS corals such as dendro, sun corals, Tigerskin gorgonians, carnations corals and more!

IMG_5762.jpgIMG_5753.jpg

I gotta go #2!...

no but I do like #1 also... Lol

Buddy...do you know how many weeks it took me to narrow it down to these two lol?

4 votes is not enough to sway me either way nano reefers!! We know you order enough of our dry goods to check this out....we may only run this for 3 days, I am getting antsy to fill this up!

B

The space is definitely limited Geemanaz, but garden eels are colonial by nature and we would source the healthiest trio we could.

We also have a local source for planktons, a multitude of pods and live foods, and the like, to provide quite the spoiled diet.

Premium Aquatics can't wait for either to prevail!!!

I think tank to small for garden eels so say 2 best bet

I have to agree. I love garden eels, but I think they'd do best in a large, nothing-but-sand tank. In the wild, they live out on barren sand flats. I think, that option #2 will have the most success, so that gets my vote.

Tomorrow (September 6) at midnight will be the the last day for your vote to count towards our drop tank stocking options!

If you want to have a say in what you will see at our checkout counter make sure you vote!

Archived