inTank Media Baskets

Collin's 12long - Nanobox Quad :D

xilez

Wow you put everything together nicely, love the custom stand! Can't wait to see this tank rocking with livestock :happy:

I really appreciate the kind words! I love what I do and try to perfect it every time.

What a nice build. Fantastic work on that sump. That is exactly the type of setup I want on my next tank. Beautiful.

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs

What a nice build. Fantastic work on that sump. That is exactly the type of setup I want on my next tank. Beautiful.

Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate it. I'm glad I was able to share my exact setup to successfully recreate what I have on my tank. It really makes setting up any nano tank considerably very simple and easy, almost as close to drop-in as you can get with the benefit of a sump.

You may not know but the POB sump can also work on AquaMaxx/Mr Aqua 22L *with optional pedestal or AquaMaxx 9.1g which fit the entire back of tank for a more complete look: http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_Long_Cuboid_Low_Iron_Rimless_Aquarium_9.1_Gallon_Nano_Cube_Aquariums_Tanks_Under_10_Gallons-AquaMaxx-UJ94554-FIAQNCNTUT-vi.html

So you have more tank options rather than just Mr Aqua 12L, any rimless tank under 12" tall and at least 24" long (or less with custom size) will work.

• Like 1

Another video. Snails knocked over my people eaters

https://vimeo.com/183746658

As you can see, the sand on left side of the tank is a bit thin...now that I think I have the powerhead in a position it will stay in, next water change can I rake some sand from the right side of the tank to the left? This early on it shouldn't cause any bacterial problems would it?

• Like 1

I was at the LFS in Woodstock yesterday. I don't know if they have any Midas Blenny's. I think I've seen them there before in the past.

I told my husband, "I'm not getting any coral."

I bought a tiny frogspawn for $10. It looked sad and it was knocked over in the sand. It's about 3/4" tall. I had never seen a frogspawn that small so it'll be fun to watch it grow.

Awesome Nancy! I am visiting 2 ARC members this weekend to grab some frags...I should be coming back with quite a few frogspawn/hammer frags. They are some of my favorite

I was told Midas blennies might be seasonal, worst case scenario I will just order one from some LFS in Atlanta, I just don't want to wait that long :D

I was told Midas blennies might be seasonal, worst case scenario I will just order one from some LFS in Atlanta, I just don't want to wait that long :D

I live in Florida and they are seasonal here as well

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Here an updated video (still working on some SPS placement):

Currently battling minor case of red bugs on this oregon tort sps, could they be whats keeping it from coloring up? I probably need to move it up higher to get more light, but the cali tort is lower and has much better color..any recommendations?

Nitrate and Phos: 0

Alk: 8.2 dKh

Cal: 400ppm

Also - I've added an Aquamaxx Mini 115 skimmer...this thing is pulling some nasty skimmate now that its all dialed in. I need to do the DIY mod to quiet it down this weekend.

post-73577-0-27368100-1477445596_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dipped the acro last night (Seachem Reef Dip), and moved it a little higher on the rockwork with a little more flow. Will see it how it looks over the next week.

How long can one expect to wait until you see an improvement in coloration?

Acro still seems to be paling...possible bleaching? Should I move to the sandbed for a few days to see if some color returns? Whats odd is that I also have a Stellata Montipora that seems to be paling/bleaching but the Green Slimer is holding its color fine.

Thanks

After more research, is it possible I have too low of nutrients?

Nitrate and Phos are consistently 0 or undetectable. I have a Skimmer that pulls some pretty good skimmate, Chemipure Blue, Filter Floss and Cheato.

After more research, is it possible I have too low of nutrients?

Nitrate and Phos are consistently 0 or undetectable. I have a Skimmer that pulls some pretty good skimmate, Chemipure Blue, Filter Floss and Cheato.

Yes I suffered from this in the first few months. After the initial algae stages I started to be aggressive with carbon, gfo, biopellets etc. They were too good and took all the nutrients to zero. Corals all had thin pale tissue or didn't survive. After I stopped gfo, drastically reduced biopellets, and increased the amount of fish and fish food the corals all started to perk back up.

I'd stop the Chemipure and add another fish. Feed the fish and if you can start adding tiny particle food for the corals. ReefChili or similar to get some nutrients to your corals.

• Like 1

Hey man thanks for the response. Your tank inspired to purchase my 12L over 3 years ago (took me a while to get it running!). Can't wait for the progress of your new one.

That is what I'm leaning towards. I love what chemipure does to my water clarity, maybe I can get away with only running my skimmer every other day?

I have some Reef Chili arriving this week and will most likely be adding a Six Line Wrasse or Royal Gramma (I have heard Six Lines are jerks) this weekend. Currently I have 2 clowns and a starry blenny, and although I'm a fairly conservative feeder, the waste/food from another fish should help raise my Nitrates.

• 2 months later...

Nanobox Quad arrived yesterday!

Quick pic below (nighttime with all blues). I LOVE what this does as far as opening the top of tank, I can finally look at top down views (even noticed some red bugs :/ ) which I was unable to do with Orbit Marine.

0276ea1285c4fe7c869ee505a40db548.jpg

Hoping to get some better pics tonight if I am off work early enough.

• Like 3

Nanobox Quad arrived yesterday!

Quick pic below (nighttime with all blues). I LOVE what this does as far as opening the top of tank, I can finally look at top down views (even noticed some red bugs :/ ) which I was unable to do with Orbit Marine.

0276ea1285c4fe7c869ee505a40db548.jpg

Hoping to get some better pics tonight if I am off work early enough.

i like the top being open like that, it looks good. i wish i had the clearance on my shelf to do a light like this.