Coral Vue Hydros

Introduction - Ultum Nature Systems

UNS

So much fun shooting a clear product.

Tanks look awesome

lol not sure if there was sarcasm in that. But to be honest we had a really tough time to get the look we wanted. I am sure there are some industry secrets for shooting clear glass. If anyone has tips, please let us know. :)

lol not sure if there was sarcasm in that. But to be honest we had a really tough time to get the look we wanted. I am sure there are some industry secrets for shooting clear glass. If anyone has tips, please let us know. :)

More of I share your struggle. I've tried to get it right for 8 years now and it's still a challenge at times. I can't imagine huge panes of reflective glass.

Light

Good dslr

Good lens

and mainly lots of photoshop time removing all but the edges...

Would be almost better to CG the main and take closeups of the real.

• Like 2

Wish these were available in Canada :(

With such a unique product though I bet it wont be long before we get a chance to buy them out here.

• Like 1

More of I share your struggle. I've tried to get it right for 8 years now and it's still a challenge at times. I can't imagine huge panes of reflective glass.

Light

Good dslr

Good lens

and mainly lots of photoshop time removing all but the edges...

Would be almost better to CG the main and take closeups of the real.

Couldn't you just put a "contrasty" object on the depth you wanted in focus and focus to that, then switch the lens to manual focus to hold it's focus point? (this is assuming you have a tripod, and for product shots, you should)

• Like 1

Couldn't you just put a "contrasty" object on the depth you wanted in focus and focus to that, then switch the lens to manual focus to hold it's focus point? (this is assuming you have a tripod, and for product shots, you should)

Going to direct our photographer to this post :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Earlier today, I was fortunate enough to visit Ultum Nature Systems, see the tanks, and meet the guys.

The aquariums are exceptional. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've purchased several things from buceplant, including one of the UNS rimless tanks and I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE the tank! The quality really is unmatched in my opinion. As stated they're super clear, and the 45 degree edges are a surprisingly nice touch. If I do set up another reef it's definitely going to be an UNS tank.Here's a picture of mine before I planted it:

IMG_0334.JPG

• Like 3
  • Recommended Discussions