UNS

Introduction - Ultum Nature Systems

UNS

Hello nano-reefers,

We are a team of 3 hobbyists that have recently dived into the world of aquarium goods. We all began with freshwater but we are revisiting our the reefing community. I used to go by the username g0tfish on this forum back in 2004!

Some of my best experiences in this hobby were here on this very forum. Once I made the switch to reef, this was the community that showed me the most love and support and I'll always remember that!

Right now, we are focusing on producing the very best quality ultra clear rimless tanks. These tanks are superior in every way to your traditional glass tanks. The glass boasts 91% clarity which I know is super important to reefers. Your corals just look better! The mitered edges are truly unique to the market as well. We are currently the only company that does this. We only use the highest quality German silicone and each tank comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Pretty sweet yeah? Did I mention that they are non-tempered so they are ok to drill? (we'll be adding this as an add-on service later down the line)

I know that you'll see a lot of freshwater aquascaping stuff on our site but we are slowly getting back into reefing. We will probably be enlisting a lot of help from the community as well!

In the meantime head over to Buce Plant to see the tanks. They are offering 15% off as a pre-order promotion. Don't miss out!

Let us know if you guys have any questions. We will be holding a giveaway especially for you nano-reefers very soon.

ultum_nature_systems_buce_plant_mitered_

IMG_3033es.jpg?17248969676307850152

IMG_2756s.jpg?17248969676307850152

IMG_2754s.jpg?17248969676307850152

IMG_2736es.jpg?17248969676307850152

IMG_2728es.jpg?17248969676307850152

IMG_2721es.jpg?17248969676307850152

• Like 15

Astinus

Sweet! WB and Hope u have a good go of it :)

• Like 1

a-t-m

Are your tanks drill-able from the bottom?

• Like 1

Christopher Marks

Those 45° mitered corners are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for supporting the community!

• Like 2

UNS

Are your tanks drill-able from the bottom?

Yes they are. Non-tempered glass is used throughout.

• Like 1

StevieT

So much fun shooting a clear product.

Tanks look awesome

• Like 1

UNS

So much fun shooting a clear product.

Tanks look awesome

lol not sure if there was sarcasm in that. But to be honest we had a really tough time to get the look we wanted. I am sure there are some industry secrets for shooting clear glass. If anyone has tips, please let us know. :)

adinsxq

Very good.

• Like 1

Reefkid88

Those edges though,wow !!!

• Like 2

StevieT

lol not sure if there was sarcasm in that. But to be honest we had a really tough time to get the look we wanted. I am sure there are some industry secrets for shooting clear glass. If anyone has tips, please let us know. :)

More of I share your struggle. I've tried to get it right for 8 years now and it's still a challenge at times. I can't imagine huge panes of reflective glass.

Light

Good dslr

Good lens

and mainly lots of photoshop time removing all but the edges...

Would be almost better to CG the main and take closeups of the real.

• Like 2

Merthynia

Wow beautiful tanks!

• Like 1

Teach

Wish these were available in Canada :(

• Like 4

Cove

Wish these were available in Canada :(

With such a unique product though I bet it wont be long before we get a chance to buy them out here.

• Like 1

shaner014

More of I share your struggle. I've tried to get it right for 8 years now and it's still a challenge at times. I can't imagine huge panes of reflective glass.

Light

Good dslr

Good lens

and mainly lots of photoshop time removing all but the edges...

Would be almost better to CG the main and take closeups of the real.

Couldn't you just put a "contrasty" object on the depth you wanted in focus and focus to that, then switch the lens to manual focus to hold it's focus point? (this is assuming you have a tripod, and for product shots, you should)

• Like 1

UNS

Couldn't you just put a "contrasty" object on the depth you wanted in focus and focus to that, then switch the lens to manual focus to hold it's focus point? (this is assuming you have a tripod, and for product shots, you should)

Going to direct our photographer to this post :)

Hecdr34

I just setup a 5N and I love it. Great quality thank you

• Like 3

Hecdr34

A few pics

df699a558d16e579f99f2851066cc8e3.jpg72c322c87dda9f5af280d448ac71c54a.jpgf9885203c7eb7a0bde2e3a75b9a1f084.jpg

• Like 6

Christopher Marks

Awesome setup Hecdr34!

• Like 1

adinsxq

Earlier today, I was fortunate enough to visit Ultum Nature Systems, see the tanks, and meet the guys.

The aquariums are exceptional. 

• Like 2

adinsxq

:lol:

IMG_4034.JPG

• Like 3

JoeR

I've purchased several things from buceplant, including one of the UNS rimless tanks and I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE the tank! The quality really is unmatched in my opinion. As stated they're super clear, and the 45 degree edges are a surprisingly nice touch. If I do set up another reef it's definitely going to be an UNS tank.Here's a picture of mine before I planted it:

IMG_0334.JPG

• Like 3

TJ_Burton

I must admit, they look like some incredibly nice glass tanks.

got2envy

I am gonna be setting up my Secret Santa win soon for my work office :)

Skazila

I’m currently saving my pennies for a tank. Any Black Friday plans in the work?