Temp: 78-80 fahrenheit
pH: Never Tested
Calcium: 460-470
Alkalinity: 8.0-8.5 dKh
Magnesium: 1500 since I'm currently trying to kill some nasty bryopsis
Nitrate: 0 undetectable using Salifert and API
Phosphate: 0 Undetectable using Salifert and API

Additives:
Currently manually dosing Red Sea Foundation in the morning and evening.I have been using NOPOX for a couple of months now and the results have been decreased algea fuel.

Maintenance:
Changing the Filter Floss Twice a week,Chemipure and Purigen ever 3-4 months.One gallon water changes are done every week using Reef Crystals.

Feeding:
By my estimates the recommend dosing of Acropower for this system is around 1mL,but I'm doing about half of that in the morning and after noon before feeding the corals a mixture of Cyclopeeze,ReefRoids,Phytofeast,and Oysterfeast.The fish get feed a couple of pellets of New Life Spectrum and a mixture of Brime,Mysis, and Plankton soaked in Kent Marine Garlic,Boyd Enterprise's VitaChem,and Selcon.

History:
This is my second marine system ever and my first sps dominate.At its birth in the fall of 2015 this was meant to be a simple Zoa garden but after going on various forums I've I got a taste for the better things in life and have become somewhat addicted to SPS corals(the bug is no joke).

Future:
Someday when I'm all done with school and have my life on track(like that's ever gonna happen) I hope to be the proud owner of a TOTM caliber stick forest.In the meantime I'm gonna try to learn as much as possible with what's on hand and with the help of this community(all advice is welcomed).

Current Tank Info: Corallife Biocube 29 and Nuvo 8
  • Like 1

you're most certainly going to have to dose 2 part as the tank matures. your challenge will be avoiding alk swings without a doser or reactor.

I plan to get one this coming Black Friday but if the parameters start getting out of whack,I'll have to jump the gun and get one.

Which do you recommend?

Hey there. Thanks for following me on IG.

The skinny red acro is probably a smooth skin deep water species. Fenneri or similar.

The really fuzzy one is hard to tell as I can't see the underlying coralite structure. Might be a tenuis.

The green flesh one could be anything - the tops of the frag are rounded which means it is only now coming out of a dormant stage, it needs to grow a little before showing the coralite shape. Usually a rounded top indicates a sarmentosa but that also has a ring around the top polyp of a contrasting color. Time will tell.

HTH.

• Like 1

Thanks for providing us with a daily dose of awesomeness :bowdown::) .Your'e right the skinny Red one it looks exactly like the Fenneri,I was looking at it yesterday and thought it was bleaching around the bases,but when I looked back at some photo I realized it was actually new growth instead omgomgomg.I'll try to get a better photo of the fuzzy one later.Hopefully it grows up be something rad fingerscrossed .Thanks for your help Kat.Btw I really like these emojis :haha:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank @vwcrackerjack .Right now I'm dosing(Red Sea Foundation) about 3ml RSF B and 1.5ml of RSM A.Plus I've continuing to do a 1 gallon water change per week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I posted a FTS earlier this week but I guess there were some technical difficulties(file was too big)...but without further ado I present my humble stick forest. omgomgomg

@driftsaru

post-89953-0-71563700-1482376436_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
RIP Sebastian

You have my affliction: Want everything in a small tank. :-)

PS, anyone who owns a Nuvo 8 is awesome in my book.

I had a 24 until it burst. What does that make me? :lol:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On January 27, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Polarcollision said:

You have my affliction: Want everything in a small tank. :-)

PS, anyone who owns a Nuvo 8 is awesome in my book.

To be honest it was your Nuvo 8 that inspired me to try my luck with a pico.:D

On January 27, 2017 at 6:33 AM, RIP Sebastian said:

I had a 24 until it burst. What does that make me? :lol:

Lol I think I could fit a couple more coral before i hit the point of no return.

• Like 1

Here's way over due update.As of now I've taken out the Zoas to prevent a tank takeover in and also resorted to scrapping the GSP from back wall and glass before it has a chance to smother any coral.Another technique that I've incorporated has been to snap pieces of the Purple Montipora and glue them on the top area at a angle so that it grows upwards rather than horizontally.

2-16.jpg