Coral Vue Hydros

AI Prime HD or non HD

taat2d

Anyone using these lights on their nano cubes? Been trying to find info on them but it doesn't seem like there's that much out there. Would also like to know what the difference is between the HD and the non HD. I would be using this on my JBJ 28g cube.

I have an AI Prime (Non HD) on the same tank as you.

IMHO, the difference between the 2...Price.

I really don't think there is a huge difference between them.

Maybe Aquaillumination may not support their Non-HD anymore...

I am very happy with my light.

I have an AI Prime (Non HD) on the same tank as you.

IMHO, the difference between the 2...Price.

I really don't think there is a huge difference between them.

Maybe Aquaillumination may not support their Non-HD anymore...

I am very happy with my light.

Just ordered the HD. I got time before I need to put the light I'm only a week into my cycle. I LOVE the way the light looks from the videos I've seen on youtube. I really like that it's got wifi built in and it controllable from your phone or computer. Does the light come set or do you have to make your own adjustments from the start?

I use the "Easy set up" and adjust the lights. I run no Green or Red.

I run them with a 1 hr ramp up. Sunrise at 8 AM and Sunset at 5 PM.

I Run Blues (Violet, UV, Blue and deep Blue) at 100% and White at 50%

The lights go completely out at 8.

So, with sunrise at 8 and 1 hr ramp time, the lights are full on from 9 and at 5 the white goes off and blues

dwindle down to completely off at 8.

I do not have the light set on Lunar mode.

Hi, I've got non hd ai prime, 20 g cube tank. total 12 hr day 7am to 7pm includes 3 hr gentle ramp up and down. Lunar mode on 7pm to 10pm at 5%, coral colours beautiful for night viewing.

I'm using aclimation mode at the moment have just added couple of corals.

Overall really pleased.

I prob wouldn't worry too much about hd version, though the extra juice might be handy for yr slightly larger tank. it allows u to go over 100 percent power by 'borrowing' unused power from chips running at less than 100%. E.g if blue is at 80% and you want max on violet you can drive it to 120% by nicking the 20% unused from blue.

Lunar mode 5% blue!

Hi, I've got non hd ai prime, 20 g cube tank. total 12 hr day 7am to 7pm includes 3 hr gentle ramp up and down. Lunar mode on 7pm to 10pm at 5%, coral colours beautiful for night viewing.

I'm using aclimation mode at the moment have just added couple of corals.

Overall really pleased.

I prob wouldn't worry too much about hd version, though the extra juice might be handy for yr slightly larger tank. it allows u to go over 100 percent power by 'borrowing' unused power from chips running at less than 100%. E.g if blue is at 80% and you want max on violet you can drive it to 120% by nicking the 20% unused from blue.

Lunar mode 5% blue!

That's a pretty cool feature being able to use the used power from another color. I just ordered it. Should be here Monday. What is the "ramp up" the intensity of the lighting the way the sun intensifies later into the day until it peeks and gradually drops off?

masterbuilder

The HD has some cool features that make it a nice light but I dont see the use of running any of the LEDs at 100%+. Who has a nano tank that uses anything approaching 100% intensity with any brand? Its a marketing thing IMO.

The HD has some cool features that make it a nice light but I dont see the use of running any of the LEDs at 100%+. Who has a nano tank that uses anything approaching 100% intensity with any brand? Its a marketing thing IMO.

True and good point... I should've thought of THAT BEFORE ordering the HD LOL

That's a pretty cool feature being able to use the used power from another color. I just ordered it. Should be here Monday. What is the "ramp up" the intensity of the lighting the way the sun intensifies later into the day until it peeks and gradually drops off?

Thats exactly it, a gentle intensity sunrise and sunset, the way I've set mine with 3 hrs ramp up, you have approx 4 hrs full sun to imitate midday/ afternoon sun at its strongest before coming into the late afternoon etc.

When you get yours taat2d, just a tip, when your setting it up/ playing about settings etc, if you do it while its on the floor and not mounted, make sure the leds face up. They kick out intense heat immediately at full power, you can cook your carpet/ floor, or in my case my leg lol! I heard theres also a risk you can melt an led /chip if sat on a surface facedown.

I run my two non HD Primes at a max of about 65%, 100% would be way overkill IMO. If you have a very deep tank with some high light requiring SPS than the HD may be a good buy.

Archived