Coral Vue Hydros

Stonefish?

abbeyspal

Has anyone ever seen a stonefish for sale. Would you ever keep one? I have an lfs that wants to give one to me (they fear a lawsuit if someone was stung), it is cool. But, one false move and it's lights out. I doubt if there is any anti-venom on the shelves of the local hostpital.

I have seen them for sale but they wont go for the reef tank because they will eat your small inverts and i wouldnt get one but it would be awesome if you got one in a seperate tank. i think theres and anti venom some where in the world

anson

It would not be going into my reef tank. It is most definatley a canidate far a species tank. I have read up on how to treat envenomation, but so far I haven't come across anything that states how long it takes for the venom to kill. My fear is that any anti-venom would most likely be someplace like L.A. and would not arrive in time to save me. Iwould hate be killed ny one of my fish taht would really suck.

i have two of them just keep your hands out of the tank and you will be fine. invest in some tongs to do tank mantinence with. and they will only sting you if you step on them. it's a defensive measure they use to keep larger fish from eating them. other than when they eat they usually sit very still. very cool fish i love mine. they are named prick and prack. lol.

Archived