Innovative Marine Aquariums

Australia's Spiciest 34 Litre Nano: DIY frag rank (bottom of pg 6)

pappadumplingz

pappadumplingz

I'm either gonna get a coral croucher, pygmy angler fish, or a yellow spotted scorpion-fish for this tank. Any other exotic nano fish that you guys would recommend? Still haven't caught crab. Will try again tonight.

• 1 month later...
pappadumplingz

So it's been a while N R, but there have been some changes to the tank. I have removed 5 bits of bleached corals, and traded out 2 at a frag swap today. I got some zenia is from the trade, a frosted bubble tip nem, and acan frag, some fire and ice zoas, and a small Ric. I have a new aquarium light on the way, and will probs swap over to Red Sea black bucket. Will try get some photos up but my computer is getting replaced, so I'll have to find a way to upload some via iPhone.

• Like 2
pappadumplingz

Guess what people, my anenome got sucked up by a pump when I was trying to get to to stick to the glass, because I'm retarded and forgot to turn it off. Was about to anenome proof it too so I'm really pissed off.

And it's been flushed

• 2 weeks later...
Weetabix7
Just now, Mariaface said:

Post more 8D

Parameters, photos, etc

Yep, that's pretty much right!!!

Or alternately, you can post tank videos with special guests. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yep, that's pretty much right!!!

Or alternately, you can post tank videos with special guests. 

Special guests are always fun....spicy ones.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
pappadumplingz

Okay beaches I'm back with a vengeance. Tank has gone through some shizzle but overall it's doing okay. Got a new trachy and a firefish and went bare bottom, all within the last 2 weeks. Also mounted some corals, and pretty sure I've killed the gorilla crab, through the use of some h202. If there was a way to get pics up through a phone, I would, but don't know how to atm.

pappadumplingz
On 11 June 2017 at 11:13 PM, Pjanssen said:

If you have pics on your phone you can upload them to a site like Flickr then copy and paste them herr

Where are you in Australia? My daughter is currently living in Bondi Beach

I'm in Sydney, maybe 40 min from Bondi give or take

• Like 1
pappadumplingz

Here are the photos. Tank is looking alright but could be better. Goniastrea has lost its vibrant colours for some reason, any suggestions?

GmgScn8.jpg

no89Xkq.jpg

0nv7jfL.jpg

gj62zdg.jpg

• Like 4
pappadumplingz
54 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Looking good!  I like it bare bottom, I bet it's a heck of a lot easier to clean.

Ye definitely, but it looks worse because there is not bough flow keeping detritus off the bottom

pappadumplingz

Looking at this thread makes me depressed, because the tank looked so good. Then it went downhill. Corals started browning, fish kept dying, a bleaching event happened, live rock in general, everything started to crumble. So coinciding with us relocating until we can find a new house, the tank is gonna slowly be wound down. I started with the major work today, taking out the live rock centre piece in the middle (thank god it's gone), and fragging what xenia and little tid bits I could. The next step is to frag some more stuff (using the saw at my not so local fish store), and then give most of my coral away to friends in the hobby, keeping a few nice pieces that I will try and colour up to their former glory. Then I'm going to slowly start stocking up on gear for the new tank, and once we find a new house, a new tank will be bought, and this one will be shutdown.

Got some photos of the fragging action from today (sorry for the trash quality in some):

Tank before fragging: 

Nj5uNST.jpg

During Fragging:

ldeCT01.jpg

After fragging:

g7ouj5j.jpg

Xenia during the sesh:

2UTgujr.jpg

All the frags after I had finished:

NQIIhrN.jpg

• Sad 1
pappadumplingz
4 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I think things actually look pretty good!  I always love those euphyllia.  I hope your next tank does better for you :)

I guess it looks a bit better without rock, but a few corals, esp the goniastrea and Duncan, have lost their vibrancy 

pappadumplingz
7 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Sorry to hear about the issues mate. Hopefully after the reboot you will have better luck.

Yea hopefully it does. Gonna go with the aqua one mini reef 120, with dry rock, and upgraded tunze skimmer, and an sb reefs light.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pappadumplingz said:

Yea hopefully it does. Gonna go with the aqua one mini reef 120, with dry rock, and upgraded tunze skimmer, and an sb reefs light.

Sounds like a good plan, the mini reef will give you a lot more room to move and grow with the hobby. I considered picking one up as an anemone tank. There are quite a few going around second hand also.

• Like 1
pappadumplingz

Did a water change, dipped some coral, and cleaned the bottom glass last night. The xenia frags have also mostly settled, but I might have to redo them along with the pavona frags. Will go to the aquarium store to get the stony corals cut up this weekend.

ndXH4JB.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
pappadumplingz

Been really busy for the past few weeks with the house move. Got the maze brain, and the people eater zoas fragged at the aquarium store. 2 of the maze  brain frags, a frogspawn, the people eater and fire and ice zoas, plus some of the xenia, has been given away. The tank is moving to the temp house tomorrow. Will get photos up once everything is settled.

• Like 2