Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

8 hours ago, Daniel91 said:

I may be blind, but I did not see any red blastos? Might be a good addition for the color theme.

yup, got two different kinds of red blastos in here.  Looking for red goni frag next.  

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

yup, got two different kinds of red blastos in here.  Looking for red goni frag next.  

Red Ora Goni’s are gorgeous movement and pretty bomb-proof, IME. At least mine has survived me for a few years now and grown considerably. 😉

Tank is looking gooooood!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Matteo said:

I have two builds Bruh 😉

No threads ?! 

I'm really loving the simplicity of this tank. Always have really. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

No threads ?! 

I'm really loving the simplicity of this tank. Always have really. 

Mobile doesn't display my sig. Go on my profile or type in "Nuvo 40 Damsel build" or my other build "55g predator"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a new yellow clown goby.  It's finally eating after a few days.  Couple of upgrades I did recently that I wish I did a loong time ago...

1. Got a RFG nozzle and the BTAs seem to like it swaying in random flow now.
  2. Added chaeto to the first chamber and picked up a ACKE LED Grow Light from ebay for like $16.  It's bigger and brighter than the $70 IM ChaetoMax light.  Sigh, should have gotten this instead the first time.  It's slightly too big and I have to duct tape the edges to prevent light spill but overall for $16, it's good for my needs.  

Hoping to find some orange rics this week online or at LFS for 4th of July sales.  Want to line the bottom with rics.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

Got a new yellow clown goby.  It's finally eating after a few days.  Couple of upgrades I did recently that I wish I did a loong time ago...

1. Got a RFG nozzle and the BTAs seem to like it swaying in random flow now.
  2. Added chaeto to the first chamber and picked up a ACKE LED Grow Light from ebay for like $16.  It's bigger and brighter than the $70 IM ChaetoMax light.  Sigh, should have gotten this instead the first time.  It's slightly too big and I have to duct tape the edges to prevent light spill but overall for $16, it's good for my needs.  

Hoping to find some orange rics this week online or at LFS for 4th of July sales.  Want to line the bottom with rics.

Hey. I love my $70 chaetomax led haha. 

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/406434-matteos-nuvo-40-damsel-fish-build-new-hd-photos-of-new-corals/?do=findComment&comment=5836022

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

hahah if it was $20, i would love it too!!  it is definitely built nicely and water resistant right?  

I believe so yes. It's spendy for sure for what it is but it'll have a nice resale value in the future if need be. 

Some photos of the upgrades....

RFG - fits right into the existing bulkhead.

vxjyNsYpgcN3lG8WmgDajvEQI3SA3CjdpQ2Pz0Dy

Fuge light with some duck tape =P

sZwswS93j2VTyv1m8APPOK08cIudF3QZTLdERIfg

Top down of the nems.  They are still recovering from bleaching but looking much better!

LNPk8kIVRwYFtwbIo4jFi6vwple5BEz6g5O_4nBVlb56xidE7p35wcklaoh93xQyNmzGj47x7IikbIN09NWPZuw3_CDHNZUVqk1-yPiTbC5lq_1Fer_uaBXWBwLMOs3SmJkMYdfaiW_6rqKqik5Z34Dc41eW3eoNftL9u9Tz-_TmRnI3kONi7l8s8DuqdyY6hY4AOXhkhvs4WiLe46tRnBD-XmcbD8_G8cNdYfi_v9PAZCrJC0hEhdZ6xi-0YKCrzQ1T7wQ48H6Nn0S5uXc_DWYguPJ3gUYIMENSjZjKvjIvSFPmxTB1wMwwHa3u7Bz-OIvXqK5bJ6XJuQDhhkPhcAhlMOV-hJ8JpLTqQUJTSFgy2hA7P7YR-0Ki5h746lZFF7Yr6BE4YBMnKHUX0xiam7AxHwZxvaToN5nXDB2Ju1n173SwaJxW7mY6wHQXtTK2rK14BtZD3m9DRxWyeCRSV9ay4vDFkMJpM3C-UlNUlTUlgg82XWQN4BOZJ-CGgzlgiPRhhGw-yKOugFYZX705FTfCUOL66FIrHw3SQ1c0HzBX2oVViHUDBLnN12AijL-OSF3S7vkTTYEXZBujD_FdoYBZFFnVZ-b0sTuR6l7nnd4EsRb7w4EfCa-EiIc3Z1OF98fv5zbyqysoW5QWmlYN4z3Se07LApk=w938-h625-no

• Like 6
13 hours ago, NaturallyKait said:

Looking great! What size RFG did you use? I’ve been considering one for my evo too. 

It's the 1/2" one.  Make sure you upgraded the stock pump though.  

• Like 1
NaturallyKait
22 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

It's the 1/2" one.  Make sure you upgraded the stock pump though.  

Upgrading the stock pump was one of the first things I did thankfully. 

• Like 2

Just found your tank reboot, LOVE the color theme! I was considering doing a pink/warm theme for my tank as well but it's my first and only SW so it was way too hard to restrain myself, hah. Have you considered a possum wrasse as your additional fish? They would totally fit the color scheme and I love mine now that it's gotten comfortable in the tank.

• Like 2

Soooo....i was planning on ordering 10 ricordea pack online but....just got laid off today so i guess no new coral purchases for a bit.  Company merger and my team was let go.  But at least I got time now to frag stuff in the big tank and sell them!  Going to move one of the bubbletips over to see how it does.  

On 7/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, lizzyann said:

Just found your tank reboot, LOVE the color theme! I was considering doing a pink/warm theme for my tank as well but it's my first and only SW so it was way too hard to restrain myself, hah. Have you considered a possum wrasse as your additional fish? They would totally fit the color scheme and I love mine now that it's gotten comfortable in the tank.

I can never find them locally and online they are so expensive!  but yea, i would love a possum wrasse, although my clownfish may be too aggressive.

• Sad 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Tank is still up and still sticking to red/yellow/orange theme!  BTAs still not bubbling like I want to so may just sell them and do something else.  Tried all sorts of stuff....

spacer.png

un9kmUhTLn44TfjF8O4H8s6crcxwxZ8s2je5QfG_

Longnose kept beating on my banggai cardinals in the big tank so banished him here.  He's also red =P.

hosjhYfHw0BwHMVRPSzzKcqZV9fIIt_FTHScDC5j

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

Great to see it's still up and running @ninjamyst, I was wondering! I love that long nose hawkfish too, it's getting along fine with the clownfish I bet?

Considering some different anemones or no anemones at all? Rock flower anemone garden or maybe you can find a carpet anemone in a hue you like?

• Like 1
On 11/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, medinar83 said:

I feel your pain, I’ve gone through 4-5 nems and they all loose the bubbles 😕 I don’t think anyone knows the secret of keeping the bubbles

Yea, I am ready to throw in the towel....hahah.  I will try increasing phosphate one last time for 2 weeks and see how it goes.  Knowing my luck, the tank will get a massive algae bloom.

5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great to see it's still up and running @ninjamyst, I was wondering! I love that long nose hawkfish too, it's getting along fine with the clownfish I bet?

Considering some different anemones or no anemones at all? Rock flower anemone garden or maybe you can find a carpet anemone in a hue you like?

Yup, the hawkfish and clown get along great.  Both are jerks =P.  I may go back to maxi mini.  I have a few now in the big tank and really like them.  

• Like 2