inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

another fish jumped today from the big tank. very frustrating day. sigh. i usually have a top on both of the tanks when i am not home, but both jumped after i came home.

i feel like i need to go an anger management class soon....blah

Aww I'm sorry :( that sucks.

But this tank :wub: I had missed a lot!!

Oh! -'d sign up for secret Santa or I'll hunt you down.

• Like 2

I love the simplicity of this tank. I've always loved this tank.

Trying very hard not to overload it with corals =P

Tank looks amazing. The maxi minis are getting HUGE.

Yea, it's starting to get out of control. This is definitely not a typical maxi mini.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you feed the gorg? my red and gold one (similar to yours) is slowly declining :(. I've been feeding the all-purpose type food (Kent Marine Microvert, I think). But the gorg is not doing very well at the moment. I'm hoping to grab some extra, more specialized food on sales now.

What do you feed the gorg? my red and gold one (similar to yours) is slowly declining :(. I've been feeding the all-purpose type food (Kent Marine Microvert, I think). But the gorg is not doing very well at the moment. I'm hoping to grab some extra, more specialized food on sales now.

I dont feed the gorg in this tank =(. this is like my neglect tank....but maybe that's why the gorgs are doing well cuz the tank is so dirty

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey ninja! Lovely tank, just picked up the same one!

I had a spare maxijet 1200 sitting around. Do you still recommend that pump?

Again, GORGEOUS tank, can't wait to see what other crazy things you do to it :)

• Like 1

Hey ninja! Lovely tank, just picked up the same one!

I had a spare maxijet 1200 sitting around. Do you still recommend that pump?

Again, GORGEOUS tank, can't wait to see what other crazy things you do to it :)

i am still using the mj1200. it barely fits and is a little noisy but if u got it, may as well use it =P

• Like 1

i am still using the mj1200. it barely fits and is a little noisy but if u got it, may as well use it =P

What do you use for a lid? Looking at either using my AI sol (super low power) or sell them and get something new.

edit (more questions) :

Do you plan to use a skimmer? (I purcahsed the PS2, and with the MJ1200 water displacement i can see the water level dropping.. worried about it not really ever working as intended)

How do you deal with the water displacement? Or since your using nothing that requires a specific height does it not really matter? Just seems like my return compartment is a whole lot lower than the rest of the tank and worried about a power outage if i fill it up :(

PS thank you for your time, Gah! I hope my tank turns out even partially as good as yours

Edited by denellum

What do you use for a lid? Looking at either using my AI sol (super low power) or sell them and get something new.

edit (more questions) :

Do you plan to use a skimmer? (I purcahsed the PS2, and with the MJ1200 water displacement i can see the water level dropping.. worried about it not really ever working as intended)

How do you deal with the water displacement? Or since your using nothing that requires a specific height does it not really matter? Just seems like my return compartment is a whole lot lower than the rest of the tank and worried about a power outage if i fill it up :(

PS thank you for your time, Gah! I hope my tank turns out even partially as good as yours

I assume you mean for light? If so, I am using a Nanobox Tide which is perfect for this tank size.

I don't use a skimmer. IMO for 20 gallons or less, a skimmer is not needed if you don't plan on overstocking with lots of fish. Plus I heard the PS2 sucks =P.

I dont have issue with water displacement since I use an ATO. Water level remains constant all the time. My water level is pretty high, currently at 1/4 inch below tank rim in display tank and 1.5 inch in the return pump chamber.

• Like 1

I assume you mean for light? If so, I am using a Nanobox Tide which is perfect for this tank size.

I meant lid.... i kind of sidetracked my question >_< I just noticed you said you have a lid for the tank while your using the new light earlier in the thread.

I dont have issue with water displacement since I use an ATO. Water level remains constant all the time. My water level is pretty high, currently at 1/4 inch below tank rim in display tank and 1.5 inch in the return pump chamber.

I just noticed with the MJ pump, my water level went WAY down in the 3rd chamber... If i were to fill it up, and then simulate a power outage the water almost over flows.

I meant lid.... i kind of sidetracked my question >_<

no lid for me. my clownfish been with me for 4 years almost and not a jumper.

the MJ1200 is a lot more flow so it makes sense the water level will drop. but i think you should be fine with more water. it also depends on your setting of the water guard thingy in the first chamber.

• Like 1

it also depends on your setting of the water guard thingy in the first chamber.

completely forgot to add that piece! That dropped the water level even lower :P

Gah can't wait for this tank to cycle (migrating from a biocube 29 that i hacked up)

I have the media basket from intank ill use in the middle chamber and build something like your egg crate contraption in the first chamber, do you have anything under the first champer's egg crate?

PS Thank you again so much for all of the answers :)

• Like 1

completely forgot to add that piece! That dropped the water level even lower :P

Gah can't wait for this tank to cycle (migrating from a biocube 29 that i hacked up)

I have the media basket from intank ill use in the middle chamber and build something like your egg crate contraption in the first chamber, do you have anything under the first champer's egg crate?

PS Thank you again so much for all of the answers :)

Hahaha. Yes, that piece is key to controlling the water level in the display =P.

Chamber 1, floss on top of the egg crate and Seachem Matrix Biomedia under

Chamber 2, Chemipure Blue and some MarinePure biosphere

Chamber 3, Neotherm heater and MJ1200 pump

Once I use up all my nano Chemipure Blue, I will switch to my own mixture of carbon + phosguard.

• Like 1

Why are you using both Seachem Matrix Biomedia and MarinePure biosphere?

I just ordered some MarinePure biospheres, is there really any difference between the two?

Thanks again for all of the help! Your tank is truly amazing!

Why are you using both Seachem Matrix Biomedia and MarinePure biosphere?

I just ordered some MarinePure biospheres, is there really any difference between the two?

Thanks again for all of the help! Your tank is truly amazing!

Just cuz I had both left over from my big tank =P. I always used Matrix Biomedia but decided to try some Biosphere too

• Like 1

What an awesome tank. What's your bioload right now without a skimmer?

I only have a clown and a neon dottyback in this right now but battling cyano and some GHA. I think chemipure blue isn't that good so I am gonna switch to my own mix of carbon and phosguard soon.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I only have a clown and a neon dottyback in this right now but battling cyano and some GHA. I think chemipure blue isn't that good so I am gonna switch to my own mix of carbon and phosguard soon.

Try seachem's seagel. I think it's a mix of matrix carbon and phosguard

• Like 1