Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

12 hours ago, Roachant said:

Seriously, your pictures of your tank should be used by Fluval as advertisements, that are that good.

thanks!  maybe i wlll post to their facebook =P.  but they are mostly freshwater focused.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Got a new female blue star leopard wrasse during Black Friday weekend for $30!  Score!  Eating live black worms right now.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEdNa8l1NV/

Anyone know how to embed instagram photos???

When you’re viewing your own photo, the 3 dots on the upper right > share > copy link. 

That should embed it here as instagram

• Like 1
11 hours ago, fulltang said:

This is the tank that I aspire to have one day! I was wondering, how did you scrape the honeycomb off the rim?

I scrapped mine off with a razor, super easy 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, fulltang said:

This is the tank that I aspire to have one day! I was wondering, how did you scrape the honeycomb off the rim?

I used an algae scrapper, which is similar to a razor.  

5 hours ago, Reefgeek said:

Care to share the breeder info you got your clowns from? Sorry if I missed it but didn't you get a pair? What happened to the second one?

hmm, it's a local guy to Chicago.  One of them jumped =(.  

Christopher Marks
On 12/6/2018 at 8:27 PM, ninjamyst said:

Ha.  Got it.  Only works on mobile.  I was trying to do it on my laptop earlier. 

Try adding a space after pasting an IG link from a desktop/laptop, that should do the trick next time 🙂 

How is the new blue star leopard wrasse doing this week? It's spectacular!

8 hours ago, k4ndyk1ng said:

Have you got a picture of the frag tank?

it's not a good looking tank right now =P.  I am setting up a new frag tank soon though.  

7 hours ago, medinar83 said:

Do you dose the tank at all? Or feed it any type of nutrition? Water changes how often?

water change once a week.  No chemical filtration, no skimmer.  Just filter floss and some biomedia in the back chambers.  I don't dose anything either.  For a nano tank with just softies and LPS, water change is all you need.  

6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Try adding a space after pasting an IG link from a desktop/laptop, that should do the trick next time 🙂 

How is the new blue star leopard wrasse doing this week? It's spectacular!

Thanks!  Will try that out soon.  The wrasse refuses to eat frozen but will eat pellets so that' good.  

• Like 2

I’m planning on setting up the evo 13.5 as my first saltwater tank here soon and this thread has been so helpful seeing what you did and how to set the system up. Really awesome tank!!! 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, AxelRouth said:

I’m planning on setting up the evo 13.5 as my first saltwater tank here soon and this thread has been so helpful seeing what you did and how to set the system up. Really awesome tank!!! 

thanks!  This is a great little tank with the right upgrades.  Low maintenance, on cruise control.  My biggest problem now is corals grow too fast....my hammer just stung the crap out of the gorgonian.  I may have to frag the gold hammer soon.  

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

thanks!  This is a great little tank with the right upgrades.  Low maintenance, on cruise control.  My biggest problem now is corals grow too fast....my hammer just stung the crap out of the gorgonian.  I may have to frag the gold hammer soon.  

Yeah really seems like it! I plan on running it stock for the start except for the diy media basket then later on upgrade lighting to a nanobox.

haha I can see how that would be a problem, my dad had a 30g reef and he said that’s the only thing about small tanks is everything is so tight haha. 

• Like 1

Great find today at the LFS.  They priced this same as all their other rock nems that are pretty standard colors.  Still pretty expensive but I always wanted a pink rock nem.  Most of my 20 rock nems in the big tank died when it crashed.  Those I was able to save in a frag tank has been moved to this nano tank.  Glad to start collecting these again.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1