Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Beautiful!!

Is this a 2 channel tide? What are your settings?

Yup, 2 channel tide with storm controller.  TBH, I like it better than the bluefish one =P.  I run pretty blue at 160 blue, 25 white.  Really makes the LPS and zoas pop.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

Yup, 2 channel tide with storm controller.  TBH, I like it better than the bluefish one =P.  I run pretty blue at 160 blue, 25 white.  Really makes the LPS and zoas pop.

So that's out of 225, right? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, k4ndyk1ng said:

Also sorry if I missed it but did you buy the rock how it is or make it yourself? 

I bought the rock like that.  It's a vidarock.  I am not sure if the company is still around anymore...

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

How's your tank doing these days @ninjamyst? Yellow clown goby settle in well? :) 

It's doing A LOT better than my big tank.  The LPS has doubled in size recently.  I moved a bunch of frags over from the big tank in case the big one crashes so this nano is a bit of a mess right now.  The yellow clown goby never ate and slowly wasted away.  Never found the body...

• Sad 2
mitten_reef

Good to hear that this tank is still going strong.  

4 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I bought the rock like that.  It's a vidarock.  I am not sure if the company is still around anymore...

It's doing A LOT better than my big tank.  The LPS has doubled in size recently.  I moved a bunch of frags over from the big tank in case the big one crashes so this nano is a bit of a mess right now.  The yellow clown goby never ate and slowly wasted away.  Never found the body...

Were you able to save those latest zoas that you got in the big tank and move them in here?  Those look awesome. 

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Good to hear that this tank is still going strong.  

Were you able to save those latest zoas that you got in the big tank and move them in here?  Those look awesome. 

Most of them are covered in dino or hair algae so I didn't mmove them over.  I moved over a large chunk of Sunny Ds but they were already looking pretty bad before I moved them.

1 hour ago, benjho said:

I want that rock scape, son!

ha!  come and get it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 3/23/2018 at 9:33 PM, ninjamyst said:

I'm glad this tank is doing well, it's so discouraging to see the big tank is still struggling.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually keeping a yellow clown goby for more than six months. They just never seem to eat. I'm sure there are plenty of success stories out there, but every time I hear about a YCG it's all about how it wasted away. I know that was my experience both times I got one.

• Like 1

Just read through your whole thread. :) Stunning tank and I love the minimalist look. The scape is fantastic with the peninsula style tank.

Ill be hanging around. I took a break from the hobby and Just getting back after my last tank crashed while out of town a while back. Hope you get your other tank straightened out.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank still growing strong.  Had to add a frag rack to save some zoas from the big tank.  Sold my Sony A6000 because the photos just never came out as good as my previous Nikon D7000 even though they both have ASPC sensor.  But I didn't want another big DSLR.  So I went and got a new Nikon J5.  It's Nikon's discontinued 1" mirrorless and it never got good reviews.  Despite all the hate, I really like my old Nikon J1 so I figure the J5 can't be worst.  I am surprised how much I enjoy the J5 for tank pictures.  The white balance is spot on, and I didn't have to do a lot of post processing at all.  

27591743428_555870e2cf_z.jpg

40569773635_027127a859_z.jpg

26591295417_f860678c20_z.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow 3
11 hours ago, benjho said:

That yellow gorg!! B)

It's my 3rd time trying this NPS gorg.  The first two times lost it to algae.  Since this tank is more stable now, I am hoping I can keep it alive for long.  Been 2 months now since I had it.

• Like 2