Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

SelectedByNature

:(

The helplessness of vacation too :(

Hearing this stuff is why every time I look at my tank I wonder if today will be it's peak... And my tank is just 6 months old. Sorry bud.

• Like 1

I always here storys of people watching tanks while they were on vacation to come back to find all there fish dead. Did they over feed? Did they add freshwater?  Did they mess with the tank? Lesson here is don't let nobody watch my aquarium if I go away on vacation. That sucks. 

• Like 1

:( I think we all know how sad it is to lose our little critters...  Condolences.  I'm scared, going on vacation next week and having our neighbor feed the fish...  I bought one of those little weekly pill containers from the store along with a defroster.  My one concern is them getting the tank into feed mode properly...  Otherwise, hopefully I set it up well enough to maintain itself...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, moosubi said:

:( I think we all know how sad it is to lose our little critters...  Condolences.  I'm scared, going on vacation next week and having our neighbor feed the fish...  I bought one of those little weekly pill containers from the store along with a defroster.  My one concern is them getting the tank into feed mode properly...  Otherwise, hopefully I set it up well enough to maintain itself...

our LFS has a maitanence side that will tank sit for $25 a visit.   Might be something to look into.   Thats what we are considering if we go away long enough.

• Like 2
Just now, lkoechle said:

our LFS has a maitanence side that will tank sit for $25 a visit.   Might be something to look into.   Thats what we are considering if we go away long enough.

Ours does too, I'm thinking about having them come over at least once to check on the tank.  We'll only be gone 5 days, but in nano tank world, a lot can happen in those 5 days...  I shuffled some corals around last weekend and now I have a torch that lost 3/5 heads in two days...

• Like 1

The tank sitter took care of the big tank fine.  I suspect the flame angel may have just been sick all along and it finally manifested itself into something that wiped out the tank.  It sucks because I had the clown for so long and I haven't seen one like it ever.  It was a buckshot snowflake.  

I guess now I have time to think about stocking for this tank.  I am thinking maybe another pair of snowflake or a pair of blue strip pipefish.  I can add a mini fuge in the back with chaeto for pods.  

1 minute ago, ninjamyst said:

The tank sitter took care of the big tank fine.  I suspect the flame angel may have just been sick all along and it finally manifested itself into something that wiped out the tank.  It sucks because I had the clown for so long and I haven't seen one like it ever.  It was a buckshot snowflake.  

I guess now I have time to think about stocking for this tank.  I am thinking maybe another pair of snowflake or a pair of blue strip pipefish.  I can add a mini fuge in the back with chaeto for pods.  

Or an angler! 

He was a beautiful clown :( 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Or an angler! 

He was a beautiful clown :( 

An angler would sure be unique!  Haven't seen one locally though and I am scared my maxi mini will eat it up since it likes to perch on rock and the maxi mini covers like 99% of the rock...

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

An angler would sure be unique!  Haven't seen one locally though and I am scared my maxi mini will eat it up since it likes to perch on rock and the maxi mini covers like 99% of the rock...

Oh good point! Yeah they perch and walk on everything 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still can't decide what to restock this tank with.  A pair of clowns or a pipefish??  I really want a pipefish but scared I have so much LPS here that can sting and kill the pipefish.  Plus I moved the tube anemone over...  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ninjamyst said:

Still can't decide what to restock this tank with.  A pair of clowns or a pipefish??  I really want a pipefish but scared I have so much LPS here that can sting and kill the pipefish.  Plus I moved the tube anemone over...  

I guess I could take the tube anemone off your hands... :lol:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I want to see pipefish.  Because I want pipefish, but can't have them :P

Dang, you read my mind! Vicarious living through Ninja's pipefish! 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I guess I could take the tube anemone off your hands... :lol:

aren't you trying to get RID of corals??  hahah

14 hours ago, lkoechle said:

I want to see pipefish.  Because I want pipefish, but can't have them :P

10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Dang, you read my mind! Vicarious living through Ninja's pipefish! 

hahahah, i been doing so much research on bluestripe pipefish, and it has been a wash.  Some are saying it's ok to have them with LPS, some are sharing horrible stories of anemones and LPS eating them or stinging them.  Then there's the feeding requirements if you can't train them to eat frozen.  ARGH!  

14 hours ago, stellablue said:

I say a group of barnacle blennies!!

I just googled them.  Ewwwwwwww =P

• Like 1