SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Getting two baby clowns tomorrow from.a breeder =)

Baby clowns are awesome! They're so cute and little and when they chomp on your hand it feels like little love bites. Too bad they don't stay that way :P

• Like 1
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Baby clowns are awesome! They're so cute and little and when they chomp on your hand it feels like little love bites. Too bad they don't stay that way :P

Just picked them up.  The breeder had like 1,000 clownfish in a 120 gallon breeder tank.  Took him a good 15 mins to find two small ones for me.  He had all different types in the same tank in all different sizes.  These are tiny!  0.5 inches or so.  Its the same breeder I picked up my pair of snowflakes for the 75 gallon tank.

1 hour ago, TinyOcean said:

Now this is a wicked evo!

Thank you!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Just picked them up.  The breeder had like 1,000 clownfish in a 120 gallon breeder tank.  Took him a good 15 mins to find two small ones for me.  He had all different types in the same tank in all different sizes.  These are tiny!  0.5 inches or so.  Its the same breeder I picked up my pair of snowflakes for the 75 gallon tank.

Thank you!

We eagerly await pics of the new babies! :happy:

• Like 1

Dosed 200mg of Fluzonazole today.  Had a sudden outbreak of bryopsis for some reason.  Deep cleaned the tank and didn't help.  After this treatment for 14 days, I am adding chaeto and removing all the biomedia in the back chambers.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:07 PM, TinyOcean said:

Wow! Those are gorgeous fishies! Do they have names? 

no names but if i were to name them right now, it will be Harold and Kumar till one of them turns female...hahahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, Noinoi24 said:

I really like your set-up. did you ever have any issues with diatoms after cycling? what kind of clown fishes you got?

Diatoms after cycling is standard and expected.  They should go away once you add a nice CUC.  I have snowflake clown fishes.

10 minutes ago, Noinoi24 said:

Hi, can you share your light settings?

Yup, I will try to get a screenshot tomorrow but I think it's really what's pleasing to YOU

• 2 months later...

My big tank has dino and lost most of the fish but this tank is doing great!  The LPS are growing really really fast but zoas not so much.  My gold torch has colored up so much since a year ago.  

25362896338_e9ca0bd336_z.jpg

38520945144_04fe4bf807_z.jpg

25362888928_0e466ab2fe_z.jpg

24367056777_4439420992_z.jpg

On 10/5/2017 at 9:23 PM, EvilFish said:

Great tank! What is your filtration/maintenance routine? 

Just weekly water change and nothing else.  I had algae outbreak but knocked it out quickly with fluconzale.

• Like 10
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

This is one of my favorite tanks. Simple but stunning :wub:

thanks!  this rock been through a lot =P.  had it for over 3 years now and I keep changing my mind on what to put on it.  i think i finally settled now on zoas for most of the rock.  now i just need to get them to grow and spread!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

So I love with your tank. Is it really possible having LPS and Zoa without additional wavemaker like MP10? How’s the flow?

I did upgrade the stock pump and removed the return nozzle to get more flow.  There's enough flow for the LPS and zoas.  I don't like having an external wavemaker in a tank this small.  So far, it's working out great.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome! I would really love to know about your light settings as on my settings, my hammers and frogspawn don’t open too much like what you have. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a new fish, yellow clown goby, so time for photos.

27897272379_64a0faaa47_z.jpg

39644971592_1ffe569818_z.jpg

Got this acan for $20 a year ago and it was dull and blah.  Now I see some pink coloring up =).

38778303645_91627cbbaa_z.jpg

Since my big tank is not doing well, I started fragging zoas and moving them to this tank, in case big tank crashes.  These Sunny Ds are soooo bright!

27897258779_5c9304e246_z.jpg

These 3 mushrooms been with me for 3+ years now.  Getting bigger all the time.  

27897269149_dd657b3b7f_z.jpg

Peach hammer.  Started with 2 heads, now 6.  

39644962402_de148b54c9_z.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 5