Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Fluval Evo 13.5 - Reboot Color Theme!

ninjamyst

reeferbrownies

If you can't sell the old Spec, Im always in the area and will be happy to take it for you. ;) Id honestly love the nano box though wish I had more money :( guess ill have to stick with a Zetlight I have.

• Like 1

There are so many new tanks out there I can't keep up! This one looks really well made. Looks like a really nice AIO and I know you'll do magical things with it :happydance:.

• Like 1

What is the difference in the tide M and tide?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Woot!!! But will it really cover the new tank properly? It seems like a duo would be better?

The tank is 22" long by 12" wide. The AIO chamber is about 3". So I only need to light 19" by 12" which the Tide can cover easily =).

If you can't sell the old Spec, Im always in the area and will be happy to take it for you. ;) Id honestly love the nano box though wish I had more money :( guess ill have to stick with a Zetlight I have.

I will probably part out the media basket and pump if it doesn't sell and save it as a QT tank =).

There are so many new tanks out there I can't keep up! This one looks really well made. Looks like a really nice AIO and I know you'll do magical things with it :happydance:.

Thanks! It will look very much like the Spec V, just a little more room...for MORE corals!!! hahah

• Like 1
FlamingPrawn

Can you share your Tide settings? I alway struggle to pick good settings. And I'm still on a storm so i'm gonna have to base it off the 0-255 lol. And only 3 channels on the v3 :( 1 white, 1 color, 1 moonlight

Can you share your Tide settings? I alway struggle to pick good settings. And I'm still on a storm so i'm gonna have to base it off the 0-255 lol. And only 3 channels on the v3 :( 1 white, 1 color, 1 moonlight

I have both storm and bluefish. For storm, I am running 110 blue and 50 white on my Spec. You probably need to increase that for the Evo.

FlamingPrawn

I have both storm and bluefish. For storm, I am running 110 blue and 50 white on my Spec. You probably need to increase that for the Evo.

would you say double them? no Acro's or anything in my future. just simple SPS like Lepto and birdsnest. Or add like 50?

Moved a zoa frag over to test the water. Ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 15ppm. Probably transfer the rock over tomorrow =).

would you say double them? no Acro's or anything in my future. just simple SPS like Lepto and birdsnest. Or add like 50?

I would add 50 to blue and white. I wouldn't double it.

• Like 1

Did you upgrade the return pump on the fluval 12? i tried upgrading mine to a maxi jet 1200 but it was loud as heck. I am thinking just adding a small powerhead might be a better bet? what are your thoughts?

Yay!!!

I transferred the rock and clown over tonight =). The clown is SOOOOO happy to have more room to swim around. And the rock looks perfect in this tank. I need to take a picture tomorrow when things open up. It's pretty freaking nice.

• Like 7

I transferred the rock and clown over tonight =). The clown is SOOOOO happy to have more room to swim around. And the rock looks perfect in this tank. I need to take a picture tomorrow when things open up. It's pretty freaking nice.

Must've been the perfect day for fish transfers! I moved my clown over to the bigger tank tonight also. :)

• Like 4

Not the clearest pictures because I have to hide the Spec V next to this. I am going for that "bommie" look. It looks even better from the peninsula angle. Will have to get the Spec V out of the way first.

With Nanobox Tide:

28880720810_092d7c4f43_z.jpg

Just the tank:

29090157741_1e2fa2a06a_z.jpg

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the new Tide and Bluefish. At first I thought it was way too purple then I discovered the joy of 90 Blue and 90 Cyan. And having a dedicated Moonlight channel lets me bring some warmth to the color. I am really digging the 5 customizable channels, still fiddling with it every day. It brings a crisp look to the tank that I don't see with other fixtures.

• Like 12

Not the clearest pictures because I have to hide the Spec V next to this. I am going for that "bommie" look. It looks even better from the peninsula angle. Will have to get the Spec V out of the way first.

With Nanobox Tide:

28880720810_092d7c4f43_z.jpg

Just the tank:

29090157741_1e2fa2a06a_z.jpg

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the new Tide and Bluefish. At first I thought it was way too purple then I discovered the joy of 90 Blue and 90 Cyan. And having a dedicated Moonlight channel lets me bring some warmth to the color. I am really digging the 5 customizable channels, still fiddling with it every day. It brings a crisp look to the tank that I don't see with other fixtures.

This scape is amazing

• Like 1

Wow, looks incredible! The new Tide is great isn't it?! I've been super impressed with the one I picked up this summer too.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this :)

• Like 1

Wow, looks incredible! The new Tide is great isn't it?! I've been super impressed with the one I picked up this summer too.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this :)

Thanks! What's ur setting on your tide?

Wasn't there some sort of black metal mesh on top was it hard to take off?

Comes off easily with razor or scraper. They are on the outside of the tank. Just a pain to clean them off completely. Definitely do it before you fill the tank.

Fantastic! The only thing better is the separate channels for white and lime like on my quadw.

So 6 channels on the quadw?
  • Like 2