Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquaforest products

ninjamyst

Do you have plans to carry Aquaforest products??

It's not in our immediate plans, but we are constantly searching for great products. Just out of curiosity, which additive specifically are you looking for?

Cencalfishguy56

It's not in our immediate plans, but we are constantly searching for great products. Just out of curiosity, which additive specifically are you looking for?

their salt is the bees knees, the probiotic salt anyways

AF Amino, Vitality, and Energy

Component A, B, and C

Going Aquaforest on my next build, would love to still be able to get the products from BRS to build up my points.

i would not waste my money on these expensive brand. Most salt are the same.

I have used Reef Crystal, Brightwell Neomarine and Red Sea Pro for years and recentrly tried out AquaForestfor..

I still like the regular Instance Ocean the best

Cencalfishguy56

I have used Reef Crystal, Brightwell Neomarine and Red Sea Pro for years and recentrly tried out AquaForestfor..

its not much of a price difference tbh

Out of curiosity, what type of tank are you currently running?

I like AquaForest Reef salt, not the probiotic. Mixes darn fast, faster than anything else I've tried and it's one of the cheaper salts. SPS tank, mixing in 32 gallon Brutes. Put my request in for AF salt. :) I do use their MicroE as well, 3 drops a day, for no other reason than i dig using drops so I don't have to think about it.

Probiotic salt? What?

Comes with bacteria, needs to be mixed and used within a day. Lots of folks on RC having great luck with it and it mixes at a lower KH for SPS folks, but I can't be bothered with their entire dosing regime. Reef salt mixes at a higher KH, similar to RC, but it mixes incredibly fast. I've used a lot of it in my 150 hours after mixing with great results. By great I mean nothing happened. :)

Wait, I forgot the most important thing for me.

It comes in a sexy purple bag with a measuring cup! No wait, that's not it....

It comes in a medium size that I can still lift with my bad back AND not pay a fortune for. The pricing is perfect for me, not as much savings as if I bought a huge box but not the insanely expensive smaller buckets like Red Sea sells.

Switched to aquaforest reef salt a month ago. It dissolves really fast into crystal clear water. I've never seen any salt mix do this and i've tried them all.

Cencalfishguy56

Wait, I forgot the most important thing for me.

It comes in a sexy purple bag with a measuring cup! No wait, that's not it....

It comes in a medium size that I can still lift with my bad back AND not pay a fortune for. The pricing is perfect for me, not as much savings as if I bought a huge box but not the insanely expensive smaller buckets like Red Sea sells.

yea it dissolves fast as shit, that should sell anyone basically haha

Agreed, it's hard to describe how fast it dissolves, especially in a giant can like I use. I just wish Reef Salt mixed to 35ppt @ 8KH rather than 10KH, but at least it's documented in the box and consistent.

I'm not concerned about the salt or the kh. I am suspicious of the probiotic claims, unless the probiotics are kept in a separate packet to be added once the salt is mixed. Spores can withstand the high salt environment, but I'm interested to see when the start to germinate and how many viable cells actually come out of a batch of salt...

Cencalfishguy56

I'm not concerned about the salt or the kh. I am suspicious of the probiotic claims, unless the probiotics are kept in a separate packet to be added once the salt is mixed. Spores can withstand the high salt environment, but I'm interested to see when the start to germinate and how many viable cells actually come out of a batch of salt...

im sure it's not many and quite frankly is just a sell point but If I remember correctly there are added aminos in the probiotic compared to the regular reef salt

Edit: Does contain vitamins and aminos to influence growth and color

im sure it's not many and quite frankly is just a sell point but If I remember correctly there are added aminos in the probiotic compared to the regular reef salt

Edit: Does contain vitamins and aminos to influence growth and color

so do you dose less of their AF Amino and AF Vitality if you use the probiotic salt?

Cencalfishguy56

so do you dose less of their AF Amino and AF Vitality if you use the probiotic salt?

id imagine, I haven't dosed anything besides spot feeding and have seen nice growth and coloration, my frogspawn has split once and looks like it has two heads splitting again since switching idk if it's coincidence or the aminos helping fuel tissue growth, I also see my alveopora starting to cover the plug it was on, even the gsp is taking off faster than when I was using RSCP, idk could just be me being hopeful but I have seen better polyp extension since switching

Before my tank crashed I was using Coral A and Coral V plus the power stuff Coral Food and every time I dropped it into tank it was instant PE. SPS color looked good too.

• 2 months later...

Archived