inTank Media Baskets

Dpolt's Dream Reef -Rimless 75 Triton Method

dpoltsdsu

• 3 weeks later...

Well after almost 4 years with my reef breeders LED, I have decided to move on. The light was fantastic but it was just a tad too small for my tank and I wanted to eliminate shading on the sps in my reef.

In order to do this, I decided to purchase an ATI sunpower 6 bulb fixture. I got it set up today and the light is even brighter than I could've imagined. In as little as 3 hours, I have not seen my SPS polyps so extended in my entire time keeping a reef.  The light looks great as well. Here are a couple quick pictures of the setup.

20170611_190635.jpg

20170610_190812.jpg

• Like 6

I placed a variety of Montipora Digitata  together about a month ago and since adding the ATI fixture, they are all starting to show signs of branching in a bunch of different directions. I am loving this light!

Screenshot_20170615-165849.png

• Like 5
gone_PHiSHin

wow this is my first time seeing this tank.  

great looking tank, lots going on, great fish selection.  thumbs up from me! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Travis said:

That leopard!!

looks good!!!

I love Leopard Wrasses.  I put that one in 3 days ago.  I think I got pretty lucky as it ate within 30 minutes of being in the tank!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

wow this is my first time seeing this tank.  

great looking tank, lots going on, great fish selection.  thumbs up from me! 

Thanks! I appreciate it!  I am very happy with the fish stock right now.  I tried adding a variety of colors and behaviors.  As of right now, everybody is getting along as well so I'm pretty ecstatic about that.

7 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Some color adjustment of the earlier pic?

Yes, my sister and I share a nice camera and she is out of town so I have been taking pictures with my phone and I'm trying to figure out what looks good on the page haha

• Like 1
14 hours ago, dpoltsdsu said:

I love Leopard Wrasses.  I put that one in 3 days ago.  I think I got pretty lucky as it ate within 30 minutes of being in the tank!

Wow, from what I hear that IS lucky!!!

I really like Leopard Wrasses, but they're kinda on my list of "maybe, one day....."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Wow, from what I hear that IS lucky!!!

I really like Leopard Wrasses, but they're kinda on my list of "maybe, one day....."

The issue is with them eating and bacterial infections. This one looks healthy so Im hopeful!!

I like them because they act similar to that of a 6 line wrasse, where they are swimming around rocks, picking at pods, etc. but without all the aggression issues

• Like 1
mitten_reef
4 hours ago, dpoltsdsu said:

Meet the latest and last fish addition to the reef, my new Leopard Wrasse! So far so good as it was eating the first day I got it!

Screenshot_20170619-003521.png

Nice looking fish!

2 hours ago, dpoltsdsu said:

The issue is with them eating and bacterial infections. This one looks healthy so Im hopeful!!

I like them because they act similar to that of a 6 line wrasse, where they are swimming around rocks, picking at pods, etc. but without all the aggression issues

I'm tempted to try another leopard wrasse. LFS has had a few in their QT system for a few weeks now... 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Nice looking fish!

I'm tempted to try another leopard wrasse. LFS has had a few in their QT system for a few weeks now... 

You should do it! If they have been in QT that long then they may be ok if they are eating at the lfs

mitten_reef
38 minutes ago, dpoltsdsu said:

Montipora Spongeodes with some nice polyp extension! Hoping I get some nice growth out of this coral!

Screenshot_20170621-110431.png

I need a sample of a spongodes over on my "Monti Love" thread in sig. Would you mind dropping it there? Thnx!

• Like 1

Southern California has been experiencing a heat wave over the last couple of weeks and I think it has taken its toll on some of the SPS in the system. The heat as well as the introduction of the T5 system has caused a couple of SPS corals to show signs of bleaching. The tank hit 84.5 a couple of times which is too high in my opinion, especially when the tank has run steady at 79.5 for over a year. 

To combat this issue, I purchased an aquarium fan system from my local fish store and in only a couple hours, the temp has gone down to 80 degrees. I think I'm going to plug the system into my reefkeeper and have it turn on when the tank hits 82. I want a little bit of temperature fluctuation to accclimate my corals to better handle changing temperatures in the future. 

The fans actually don't look too bad!

20170626_154349.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, dpoltsdsu said:

I have not been updating the thread much. Ill have an update later.

For now, here is a picture of a really nicely colored rainbow Wellso I recently added!

Screenshot_20170729-104407.png

Oooh pretty!

1 hour ago, dpoltsdsu said:

I have not been updating the thread much. Ill have an update later.

For now, here is a picture of a really nicely colored rainbow Wellso I recently added!

Screenshot_20170729-104407.png

Very nice!!!