ReefCleaners.org

Any part of Biocube 29 tempered? Coralife's reply

OesteUno

I've been looking through a few different sites about Biocubes and everywhere I read, the Biocubes are said to have the bottom glass tempered. I emailed Coralife and here is their response...

Rob Moneyhan <rmoneyhan@central-aquatics.com>

RE: Coralife Contact

Nothing on the tank is tempered.

Regards,

Rob M.

Technical Support/Warranty Lead

Kent Marine, Coralife, Aqueon, Oceanic, Zilla, Super Pet Phone# 888-255-4527 or 414-423-8544Fax# 800-398-0396or 414-421-9682

*** Our shipping department and warehouse will be closed the week of July 25th thru July 29th for inventory.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:14 PM

To: Central Aquatics Info <info@central-aquatics.com>

Subject: Coralife Contact

A visitor submitted the following information via the website contact form:

Name: Eric

Zip/Postal Code: 90245

Comments: I have a Biocube 29 that is about 2 yrs old. Is any part of the Biocube tempered, Back, Bottom, sides or front?

Thank you very much,

Eric

User Type: Intermediate Hobbyist

Opt-in: True

Just thought I would post this as I have not read anywhere on the web that the bottom glass is NOT tempered. I plan to drill the bottom in a couple weeks. If anyone has any bad experience drilling the bottom of a biocube, pls post, Thx.

jamescstein

Usually tempered glass is marked as such but not always. You can also use the bright light/polarized lense method to see.

If the glass is tempered you will see patterns in the glass that you would not see if it was not tempered.

Usually tempered glass is marked as such but not always. You can also use the bright light/polarized lense method to see.

If the glass is tempered you will see patterns in the glass that you would not see if it was not tempered.

wow! so that's why my sunglasses make side windows in the car look crazy but not the windshield.

I have a pair of Samsung 3D glasses, I did not see any signs of tempered glass. I wanted to make sure by sending Coralife an email.

My plan is to drill the bottom of the tank then drill the stand for a herbie overflow.

jamescstein

wow! so that's why my sunglasses make side windows in the car look crazy but not the windshield.

Exactly. The windshield is not tempered but a laminate glass which is much more expensive to make.

Archived