Coral Vue Hydros

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Also, I went to remove the drain fitting and put another loop of teflon tape on the threading to fix the leak, but accidentally tightened it instead of loosening it... but guess what! No more leaks lol. Apparently I didn't tighten it enough. :blush:

• Like 4
jedimasterben

I would always be freaked out about getting fittings tight enough on glass. Glad that fixed it. The tank looks great, Ben!

Well, actually this is not even on glass! The fittings are connected to a custom flexible pipe that is connected to the glass at the top of the tank. Very difficult to describe the way this overflow is made. :wacko:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Whoop whoop, looks like all the leaks are done, the stand was bone dry inside when I checked today. Well, bone dry except for the near 100% humidity inside it. Still gotta figure out an easy way to get rid of that. Might just buy something like this and clip it on the inside of the stand pointing up through the overflow cutout, that should do it cheap and easy, so long as it can be directly powered via USB.

I am going over what fish I want to add to the system. I am definitely getting another betta, they're my favorite fish and relatively care free. And if I can ever find a pygmy hawkfish that will live more than a month I'd love another. A springer's damsel will add some blue pop, and a Talbot's is a nice addition.

I'm also thinking of a yellow candy hogfish, Bodianus bimaculatus. Beatiful fish, but lots of conflicting reports of them being angels or assholes.

• Like 1

I use standard computer case fans to cool both of my tanks. I just chopped the end off of an old cell phone charger and wired it up. The Apex turns it on and off. It's dead silent and super cheap.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

I use standard computer case fans to cool both of my tanks. I just chopped the end off of an old cell phone charger and wired it up. The Apex turns it on and off. It's dead silent and super cheap.

I've got plenty laying around, but I wouldn't feel right tearing up a Gentle Typhoon AP-14 just for this lol.

• Like 1

I've got plenty laying around, but I wouldn't feel right tearing up a Gentle Typhoon AP-14 just for this lol.

Wouldn't feel right and you would have a steady spray of water being pushed from the tank lol. Would be great for surface agitation though ;).

jedimasterben

Wouldn't feel right and you would have a steady spray of water being pushed from the tank lol. Would be great for surface agitation though ;).

I'd be able to have a coldwater tank if I did that :lol:

It will actually just push straight through the opening cut out for the overflow pipes, so hopefully shouldn't cool things down too much.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Got a coral beauty angel, a solorensis fairy wrasse, a blue knuckle hermit, a candy stripe pistol shrimp, and a sand sifting starfish yesterday. :)

• Like 5
jedimasterben

Tank looks great Ben I like the scape. My kind of tank :)

Thanks! I am glad the scape turned out like it did. Tons of nooks and crannies. Was looking for the wrasse this morning before the lights came on and only saw the tip of its nose sticking out of one lol

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Solorensis eats Larry's Reef Frenzy like a pig, and the coral beauty is interested in it, but seems confused as to why there is so much of it :)

28679842010_482b148d41_o.jpg

28679838770_433ae3bd6e_o.jpg

28346631644_e15072d0cc_o.jpg

28889115781_48b7d9679d_o.jpg

28349145283_8222b3a27b_o.jpg

• Like 12
jedimasterben

Beautiful!

:wub:

Lovely pics! That Solorensis is a nice one

Thanks! That fish wasn't originally on my list, but when I went into the LFS yesterday, I was like yep, gotta have one. :D

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Is that a Starry Blennie?

Yes, and it is quite the ham.

They're beautiful! My angel gets confused by too much food too :)

Thanks! You'd think they'd be like OMG I WANT TO EAT ALL THE FOOD instead of OMG WHY IS THERE ALL THIS FOOD.

• Like 4

Thanks! You'd think they'd be like OMG I WANT TO EAT ALL THE FOOD instead of OMG WHY IS THERE ALL THIS FOOD.

Awesome colors I can never find one with cool colors around here.
  • Like 1

Mine's like "I WANT THAT ONE. NO WAIT, I WANT THAT ONE INSTEAD. NO WAIT, THERE"S ANOTHER ONE!"

• Like 1