SaltCritters.com

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Too early for TOTM?

We've got a loooong way to go before we can start talking that :lol:

dirty glass pic. You can see how tiny this tang is :o

29241711836_d7e24d0970_h.jpg

Also got a two headed Duncan frag and a really bleached zoa frag, so not sure what they look like.

• Like 4

We've got a loooong way to go before we can start talking that :lol:

dirty glass pic. You can see how tiny this tang is :o

29241711836_d7e24d0970_h.jpg

Also got a two headed Duncan frag and a really bleached zoa frag, so not sure what they look like.

all those toads and gorgs this is my kind of tank :D
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

Get some nori or romaine in there for that doliatus rabbitfish or I'll send you some Valonia for it. :D

He's already got plenty of valonia, that's for sure lol. I actually ordered some Algaemax NLS pellets for it, it eats with gusto, but just doesn't seem to be gaining any weight.

jedimasterben

They need to be wormed bro, he's likely alive with the damn things. All of the ones I bring in are. The doliatus rabbits LOVE Valonia.

He's already been through two weeks of praziquantel a few months ago, but I have several new fish so I will be doing another round soon.

Drontal, 1 and done. That needs to be done in a QT tank because it kills indiscriminately. The real pisser is, the Fiji ones are dirty as a used needle laying on the sidewalk and the ones out of Indo are clean as new snow, go figure. Corals are the polar opposite.

I shit you not, if these Ethereal lights aren't great, I'm coming to Florida, getting hopped up on bath salts and I'll eat your face. :D

I am interested in these Ethereal lights too. Are the coverage better than other LEDs out there?

Dunno, waiting for them to arrive from our supplier. We want to replace our SUPAR CHINA LEDs, they've been pretty good for the 4 years we've had them, time for something new. I'll still use Chinabox lights over the runs, but my home tanks get special treatment.

jedimasterben

I shit you not, if these Ethereal lights aren't great, I'm coming to Florida, getting hopped up on bath salts and I'll eat your face. :D

Why go after me though? :D

I am interested in these Ethereal lights too. Are the coverage better than other LEDs out there?

Due to the fact that they have LEDs around their perimeter instead of focused in clusters in the center, yes, they give much more even light. I technically​ could use just one over this tank and not get awful shadowing on the outside of the rock cluster, but I have two, so why let one go to waste :D

Dunno, waiting for them to arrive from our supplier. We want to replace our SUPAR CHINA LEDs, they've been pretty good for the 4 years we've had them, time for something new. I'll still use Chinabox lights over the runs, but my home tanks get special treatment.

To light temporary tanks or big runs, definitely easiest to just use Chinese specials, though those have gotten leaps and bounds better than the shit that was available a few years ago. The best one out there for color is still the MarsAqua panel, though the bastards have gone up in price. I got it for $80, after seeing them increase from $65, and now they're $93. They also have some double-length fixtures for covering wider runs.

• Like 2

Of all the name brand lights, I like their design the best. Hell, if they sent me 10, I'd put them on the coral runs. There's a guy in chat that thinks he can put a 120 min ramp up and down on the SUPAR CHINABOX lights.

:lol: beer just shot out my nose...people sitting next to me are like what the #### is that guy laughing about
  • Like 4
jedimasterben

You think two is enough to cover 48" for SPS?

Not for a full SPS tank. It would be a step above a Radion and the like, but SPS want mooooaaarrrrr coverage.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Of all the name brand lights, I like their design the best. Hell, if they sent me 10, I'd put them on the coral runs. There's a guy in chat that thinks he can put a 120 min ramp up and down on the SUPAR CHINABOX lights.

I already did that once, it's really easy.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Some close up pics of the gorgs and toads less chit chat thanks.

I have to find my hard scraper before I'll get too many more pics, can only get so much off the glass with a magic eraser, even though none of what is growing is coralline.

Anyone here know of an easy way to do a dual-layered cabinet of sorts? I want it to sit next to the tank stand and hold a 10 gallon tank in the bottom for topoff with kalkwasser and the top layer will hold my electronics. Wanting to make I out of 1/2" plywood. Both the bottom and top need to be easily accessible to refill the topoff container and to access the electronics to activate feed modes, and it needs to be easily toddler proofed.

Also, last night I fed some LRS, I left it in decently big chunks instead of stirring it up before putting it in after thawing, and the waspfish came out of nowhere and swallowed a piece that was about 1/4 the size of its body!! :o

• Like 2

I already did that once, it's really easy.

For someone that understands electricity it is, for me, there would be MUCH cussing,majik smoke, sparks and the possibility of fire. You need a biology problem solved I'm the guy for the job, same with chemistry, electricity, not so much.