Cultivated Reef

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

:P I do drink, I can handle what I do drink. That and I don't go overboard, that shit is expensive!

M can drink tequila like a sailor on leave, get up and walk to the room. We killed 2 fifths of it at the last Arnold Fitness expo we went to, lol. I was damn near blind and she got up, walked to the elevator and away we went. That was an expensive weekend, probably $700 in booze!!

• Like 2
jedimasterben

So I just opened up the little USB fan I got on Amazon. It comes with a 3.7v lithium ion battery, but I'm not too keen on having some Chinese battery inside the stand, so I tested it over just USB without the battery installed, and it does work, but it has no speed control. At the rated speed, though, it is plenty fast enough and moves more than enough air, so it's good. Ordered an Aukey dual USB charger so I can plug it and my Maxspect ICV6 controller on just one plug. Surprisingly I couldn't find either of the dual port chargers that came with my Moto X a couple of years ago, so another $10 gone lol.

• Like 2

So I just opened up the little USB fan I got on Amazon. It comes with a 3.7v lithium ion battery, but I'm not too keen on having some Chinese battery inside the stand, so I tested it over just USB without the battery installed, and it does work, but it has no speed control. At the rated speed, though, it is plenty fast enough and moves more than enough air, so it's good. Ordered an Aukey dual USB charger so I can plug it and my Maxspect ICV6 controller on just one plug. Surprisingly I couldn't find either of the dual port chargers that came with my Moto X a couple of years ago, so another $10 gone lol.

which usb fan? the fan I got from amazon has 4 fans but useless. started making a lot of noise after a month

jedimasterben

Jedi, could u post a pic of how and where u have this mounted on ur tank, please.

The fan? It will be up at the top of the inside of the stand, pointing up through the hole cut out for the overflow pipes. I'll get a pic when I get it all installed, will be next week sometime.

Ahh..Gotcha. I was thinking it was going to be mounted directly above ur tank and blowing

at the surface.

Our Tank has been consistently at 77 or 78. (Love the digital Thermometer w/probe)

We have a Stand fan that blows on tank, AC in house set at 77. Tank is also Topless (Sounds Kinky, Right?)

So, I know I have evap happening.

Just gonna KISS it.

jedimasterben

When did you start this? How did I miss it? Looks really nice!

Started at the end of last month. Thanks!

Ahh..Gotcha. I was thinking it was going to be mounted directly above ur tank and blowing

at the surface.

Our Tank has been consistently at 77 or 78. (Love the digital Thermometer w/probe)

We have a Stand fan that blows on tank, AC in house set at 77. Tank is also Topless (Sounds Kinky, Right?)

So, I know I have evap happening.

Just gonna KISS it.

I don't need mine for temperature control, I need it to keep the humidity in the stand down so I can keep the equipment in it. As it is now if I close the stand completely the walls get wet to the touch.

jedimasterben

Hmmm..Water, Electricity...not good! electricity hates water with a vengeance ;)

Good Stuff Ben :PB)

Especially saltwater!!

Trying something new with the Ethereals. Photoperiod starts at 10AM at zero. Ramps up to 0/0/100/100/100 (cool white, warm white, blue, royal blue, violet) hitting that peak at 2PM, then backing down to 50/50/50/50/50 (which is most pleasing to the eye and what all my pictures have been taken with) at 4PM (which is when I normally get home from work), stays that way until 6PM, then ramps back down to zero at 10PM.

28489867113_960169c520_b.jpg

I'm just gonna have to deal with it on the weekends when I'm home, I hate​ the all blue look. I can't enjoy but like three of my corals that fluoresce and can't even see my damned fish, but it will be interesting to see if there are any pigmentation changes in the corals.

• Like 1

Especially saltwater!!

Trying something new with the Ethereals. Photoperiod starts at 10AM at zero. Ramps up to 0/0/100/100/100 (cool white, warm white, blue, royal blue, violet) hitting that peak at 2PM, then backing down to 50/50/50/50/50 (which is most pleasing to the eye and what all my pictures have been taken with) at 4PM (which is when I normally get home from work), stays that way until 6PM, then ramps back down to zero at 10PM.

28489867113_960169c520_b.jpg

I'm just gonna have to deal with it on the weekends when I'm home, I hate​ the all blue look. I can't enjoy but like three of my corals that fluoresce and can't even see my damned fish, but it will be interesting to see if there are any pigmentation changes in the corals.

Interesting stuff. I hope u will find a setting and get the results u would like to get.

I am using the Prime, I am glad I got it. Being able to control the colors, like u, is nice.

I am not running any Green or red. At 4 PM, are U bringing in the Red and Green?

When my light is fully on. My Blues are 100 (UV, V, RB, Bl) and White is at 50%

Have ya tried that?

jedimasterben

Interesting stuff. I hope u will find a setting and get the results u would like to get.

I am using the Prime, I am glad I got it. Being able to control the colors, like u, is nice.

I am not running any Green or red. At 4 PM, are U bringing in the Red and Green?

When my light is fully on. My Blues are 100 (UV, V, RB, Bl) and White is at 50%

Have ya tried that?

I don't have any red or green, they aren't needed over a tank when warm whites are used.

So this morning, after my wife 'accidentally' kneeing me in the nads, twice, I get up to find one of my filefish jumped out and was fish jerky. Grrrrr.

At least when I fed pellets just now, the coral beauty was chasing them (but not eating them yet) and the solorensis wrasse was nomming them down like it hadn't eaten in weeks. My starry blenny is actually chasing pellets now, too. He only just started eating LRS like a week ago.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

In the planning stages of a small enclosure to fit a tank for topoff. The sump I have now has a very, very small ATO container, it holds a whopping 3 liters, which is about a day's worth, so I'd need to fill it about every day, which is not good. I am trying to decide on a 10g or 20g tank. I am thinking to stick with 10g, so the enclosure would only need to be like 22x12x14 or so. I will hinge the top so that I can just open it up and fill it to the top.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

My LFS is having them for $80, but I can't make it over there this weekend to get one. I might have to put the thinking cap on about the NYA ones!