Innovative Marine Aquariums

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Went to the LFS yesterday to get some LRS Reef Frenzy, and the bastards no longer sell it. Now the nearest shop that has it is 80 miles away :(

also got a maxi mini and a wrasse.

40364427351_5581a1b495_k.jpg

• Like 8
jedimasterben
9 hours ago, spectra said:

What kind of wrasse?

LRS is over rated :lol: my fish love hikari...........you can find that at Petco :lol:

Nearest Petco is already 40 miles away - so if I'm making that kind of trek anyway, might as well just keep on going at that point. LRS is also really awesome, don't know what you're talking about :P

Wrasse is a solorensis. Thing is a scaredy cat so far :lol:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

This is what the nem looked like when I got it.

38596115260_94be1fed2a_h.jpg

I was worried until every tentacle it has stuck right to my hand, then it managed to within seconds attach its foot firmly to my hand, too. Immediately stuck itself to the rock at the top and hasn't budged, and likely won't. Mouth as of right now is closed nice and tight, like it should be.

26536249498_4da037afb7_h.jpg

26536208778_87296d040f_h.jpg

39696538314_94d46cd31b_h.jpg

25535305867_e6d0137bbf_h.jpg

Yeah, pretty sure I'm actually gonna need a bigger tank soon.

• Like 12
jedimasterben
1 minute ago, Justind823 said:

Sweet! What kind of nem? Magnifica? 

I agree, it's nearly time for an upgrade! :naughtydance: That toadstool looks HUGE

yeah, it's a magnifica, first one I've seen in a long time. Was only planning on buying the rabbitfish and angelfish until i saw it pop up on Diver's Den. I was like welp, there goes another $150!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Nem looks super good today. once it gets used to the spot it is in (right up top in the highest light possible and in the spot where the gyre smacks right into it) it should inflate quite a bit more than it is now, which is wimpy :)

Angel is exploring the tank and the rabbitfish is being a puttytat.

• Like 2

Ben, I was reading about micro-bubble scrubbing on another forum and saw your name pop up. I’m curious about using it as a clean up tool while blowing off rock and shifting the sand, not every night, but maybe an hour every couple days. I just wanted to see what you think about it in a nano tank, whether it’s worth the trouble, effective, or have any other opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...
jedimasterben
On 2/22/2018 at 10:37 PM, Cannedfish said:

Ben, I was reading about micro-bubble scrubbing on another forum and saw your name pop up. I’m curious about using it as a clean up tool while blowing off rock and shifting the sand, not every night, but maybe an hour every couple days. I just wanted to see what you think about it in a nano tank, whether it’s worth the trouble, effective, or have any other opinion. 

Sorry I'm just now seeing this, only been a month since you posted :lol:

You won't be able to get the bubbles small enough to really do much of anything. You'd be better off adding more flow in general or upgrading filtration, as that will be a permanent help.

• Like 1
jedimasterben
59 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

No way! When?

As long as the weather isn't too crazy in Wisconsin or Kentucky, should be here Friday!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
jedimasterben
13 minutes ago, benjho said:

Goddamn nice setup broski!

thanks, it's pretty alright. everything is really growing in, despite some setbacks from hurricanes and BS. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

thanks, it's pretty alright. everything is really growing in, despite some setbacks from hurricanes and BS. 

Yeah I mean I've seen ur setups before and this setup is way nicer than what u had before, the aquascape and selection of corals is very nice too. Great job man!

totm potential here