SaltCritters.com

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

The tank looks fabulous Ben.  You must have a way with coral!

And that way is 'only the strongest survive'. What the picture doesn't show is the hundreds of dead corals that I've tried over the years that I couldn't keep alive :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 8
2 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

And that way is 'only the strongest survive'. What the picture doesn't show is the hundreds of dead corals that I've tried over the years that I couldn't keep alive :lol:

And who among us isn't in that category? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
jedimasterben
On 11/13/2017 at 1:27 PM, DaveFason said:

Glad to see this chugging along. Hope all is well. Still building drones that catch fire? :P

No fires in a while :lol:

24555698078_7e26a49aa3_h.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

How are the new fish stocking plans coming along, Ben? I was so sorry to hear about the fish but what a relief not to lose all the corals on top of it all.

jedimasterben

I got a coral beauty a few weeks ago and a pair of lightning maroons last week (or the week before?). The clowns are cool, and they're both dickholes to each other even at this age lol.

• Like 3

Are you still using the SL1 to shoot ? If so what lens and settings are you using ? 

Ive had the camera for ages and still cannot get it right. 

jedimasterben
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Are you still using the SL1 to shoot ? If so what lens and settings are you using ? 

Ive had the camera for ages and still cannot get it right. 

I have a few lenses - 18-55mm f4.5-5.6 STM, 40mm f2.8 STM, 24mm f2.8 STM, and a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. Settings depend on the amount of light and what I'm trying to shoot - moving stuff like fish needs a high shutter speed like 1/200, whereas for corals you can do 1/80-1/125 depending on how stable you can keep the camera. 

9 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I got a coral beauty a few weeks ago and a pair of lightning maroons last week (or the week before?). The clowns are cool, and they're both dickholes to each other even at this age lol.

Clowns are such dicks :rolleyes:

How do you like the CB? I've never seen mine touch a coral polyp, but I have terrible PE in the tank he's in. Sometimes I wonder if he's terrorizing the corals but only when I'm not looking.

• Haha 1
jedimasterben
8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Clowns are such dicks :rolleyes:

How do you like the CB? I've never seen mine touch a coral polyp, but I have terrible PE in the tank he's in. Sometimes I wonder if he's terrorizing the corals but only when I'm not looking.

They do fine in my tank since everything in it is extremely noxious :lol:

But I know they will murder the crap out of stony corals if your tank isn't ginormous with plenty for it to go around. They are always on the move, hunting and pecking.

• Like 1
jedimasterben
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

The coral beauties have a rep of being more reef-safe than most angels. And I've never actually seen mine nip a coral. But I remain suspicious...

Oh, it's definitely doing it when your back is turned, they're sneaky little bastards. Mine was faking that he was scared of me and wouldn't eat pellets, but I looked behind the rocks and saw the little turd chowing down when he thought I wasn't looking.

• Haha 2
flatlandreefer
On 11/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, jedimasterben said:

Just keeping on keeping on.

24504291078_5407eed245_h.jpg

Looking really good, I really love the few green pieces throughout the tank, they really pop with the rest of the softies in the background!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

Oh, it's definitely doing it when your back is turned, they're sneaky little bastards. Mine was faking that he was scared of me and wouldn't eat pellets, but I looked behind the rocks and saw the little turd chowing down when he thought I wasn't looking.

Oh man, now I'm totally paranoid about mine...

jedimasterben
57 minutes ago, spectra said:

Who me I don't eat any corals.................:lol: 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

Looking really good, I really love the few green pieces throughout the tank, they really pop with the rest of the softies in the background!

Thanks, I like to think that I am pretty decent about coral placement lol

4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Oh man, now I'm totally paranoid about mine...

giphy.gif

betcha can't tell what movie my daughter is currently obsessed with :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
jedimasterben
1 hour ago, tibbsy07 said:

Hey Ben, when are you going to build a drone that carries your tank around? 

As soon as water stops being so damned heavy :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...