inTank Media Baskets

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Scape looks great, should work nice with the gorgs. Those lights are interesting, how do you like them so far?

Yeah, I'm liking the scape more and more. I think I will be totally set on it when I can fully walk around the side of the tank unobstructed, right now I still have the ATI light hung up with wires everywhere and I have smashed my head on the 8020 rails like eight times so far, that shit is SHARP.

I am really liking the Ethereals so far. I have not measured PAR, but I have them peaking at 50% on all channels and the light is an extremely pleasing tone.

Lets see how long this tank lasts :P

If this one has any major problems, I'm seriously going to throw it in the yard and take my dad's truck and just monster truck the bastard.

• Like 5

I am really liking the Ethereals so far. I have not measured PAR, but I have them peaking at 50% on all channels and the light is an extremely pleasing tone.

The layout of the arrays is cool, not sure if there is any reasoning behind it? or just for more of a spread and not a single row type layout.

• Like 1

I agree with the pleasing light on the Ethereal. Not sure why they opted for the LED placements like they did.

Don't know the PAR either but it's on my fuge and corals seem happy there.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

The layout of the arrays is cool, not sure if there is any reasoning behind it? or just for more of a spread and not a single row type layout.

If they clustered them closer together it would result in more point-source light and more shadowing, so looks like they're trying to avoid that. There is really no noticeable color banding from the individual LEDs, but the individual clusters do look slightly different due to not all having the same LEDs in them, but they blend together well and I haven't noticed any color banding due to that, either. So far it is a very well made and well designed light.

• Like 1

If this one has any major problems, I'm seriously going to throw it in the yard and take my dad's truck and just monster truck the bastard.

Not saying that i want this one to have major problems but i kinda really want to see you monster truck a tank...

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Not saying that i want this one to have major problems but i kinda really want to see you monster truck a tank...

watch from 20:20 and that's about what it would be :D
  • Like 2
jedimasterben

what happened to this picture

No clue. Flickr is dumb sometimes though. It was just an even crappier picture of the tank full and running with the lights on, nothing really to see :)

Nice dude! I love that scape. Gorg city huh?

There's only six of them in there! :D

oops, I lied, seven!

wait, no, I was right the first time, six :P

jedimasterben

bahaha

you need some more. it's a good look

There are only a couple of common species missing that I don't have in there now, and those have historically never done well for me! Only other one I'd love would be the Gorgonia sp. true sea fan that DFS is propagating, if they ever sell any more!

Marc.The.Shark

Lets see how long this tank lasts :P

I'm with Dave. Waaaay too small for you! This chapter will be ova by X-mas! lol

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I'm with Dave. Waaaay too small for you! This chapter will be ova by X-mas! lol

It's really not much smaller than my 40, it's got four whole gallonsl ess lol

jedimasterben

Ben,

Your Ethereals didn't come with a tank mount? The coralvue site shows they come with arm mounts.

http://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-ethereal-led

They do, indeed, a really expensive one, too lol. But they aren't made to run two on this size tank, so not much choice for me.

I realized that running everything at 50%, the fans never even come on on these.

They do, indeed, a really expensive one, too lol. But they aren't made to run two on this size tank, so not much choice for me.

I realized that running everything at 50%, the fans never even come on on these.

So you saying the glass is too weak? Kinda of a poor design choice no for people who has long shallow tanks?

jedimasterben

So you saying the glass is too weak? Kinda of a poor design choice no for people who has long shallow tanks?

Oh god no, the glass on this tank is 3/8", it could handle the lol. I just would not be able to get them centered and high enough over the tank.

Oh god no, the glass on this tank is 3/8", it could handle the lol. I just would not be able to get them centered and high enough over the tank.

Oh ok. Weird that with the zillion holes the mount has you are not able to put it in a correct hole to have it centered.

Tank looks great Ben, photos are pretty great also. I really like your rabbit fish, I almost picked one up recently but keep telling myself if I want to get a larger fish for the tank it's going to be a Kole Tang lol.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Lookin real good. Great shots.

Thanks! This is literally the first time I've taken my camera out since like May-ish. Might have to get it out more now, forgot how fun it is :)

I like the natural look of your reef. The colors all work well together

Thanks! That's what I was going for :)

Tank looks great Ben, photos are pretty great also. I really like your rabbit fish, I almost picked one up recently but keep telling myself if I want to get a larger fish for the tank it's going to be a Kole Tang lol.

Just get both :D

I hadn't realized how skinny the rabbit was until today, then I realized it's because he's already eaten what little algae was left on the rocks, they're bare! Oops.

• Like 1