ReefCleaners.org

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

My fish and I didn't really like Rod's food either. I forget which one I tried but the pieces were all over the place for size. some was too small for them, and some was too big. 

23 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

So in that bag of Rod's food, last night I found a completely whole shrimp, still in the shell. 

I literally lol'd when I read this.  Pictured a table shrimp floating around...

jedimasterben
14 minutes ago, --chris-- said:

I literally lol'd when I read this.  Pictured a table shrimp floating around...

metrokat said it was a piece of krill most likely, but it still should not have made it in there whole. :wacko:

32917667731_73a70a1334_h.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

metrokat said it was a piece of krill most likely, but it still should not have made it in there whole. :wacko:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/261/32917667731_73a70a1334_h.jpg

I picked up some new frozen food last week...the brand and flavor escapes me right now, but its supposed to be an amalgamation of several meaty foods extruded into a small "bloodworm" like piece of food.  While most of it meets that criteria and the fish love it, every now and then I get a whole monster-mysis that my fish don't know how to handle.  The snails do though.  

• Like 1
jedimasterben
1 minute ago, --chris-- said:

I picked up some new frozen food last week...the brand and flavor escapes me right now, but its supposed to be an amalgamation of several meaty foods extruded into a small "bloodworm" like piece of food.  While most of it meets that criteria and the fish love it, every now and then I get a whole monster-mysis that my fish don't know how to handle.  The snails do though.  

My betta or waspfish would make quick work of a whole mysis, they both regularly would grab large chunks of food and stuff them down. :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

My betta or waspfish would make quick work of a whole mysis, they both regularly would grab large chunks of food and stuff them down. :)

HA!  Mother nature....

• Like 1

Between my clowns and the CB angel, my yellow watchman goby is by far the smallest fish. But he will eat chunks of food as big as his head that the other won't touch :lol:

...and what, pray tell, is coming from LA???

jedimasterben
21 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Between my clowns and the CB angel, my yellow watchman goby is by far the smallest fish. But he will eat chunks of food as big as his head that the other won't touch :lol:

...and what, pray tell, is coming from LA???

It's yeller. :D

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Poor photo, but this mofo doesn't stop

32940131752_e0610810e8_h.jpg

I might break out the DSLR this weekend and get some good pics and a new FTS.

5 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

hahaha all those bags make your tank look small =P

:D

Liveaquaria always over packs them!!! They could have survived another 24 hours at least.

• Like 10
jedimasterben
9 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's beautiful!

Yes it is! @metrokat has already named it lemony snickett lol. It is also not shy at all. I had put it and all the snails and stuff I got with it into the tank, then decided to scrape the walls and get in the corners and everything I never really get well, and it hid for all of that, but as soon as I had my hand out and stopped cleaning the outside of the glass, it was picking at the rocks and corals already, swimming the whole tank, checking everything out. 

• Like 9
jedimasterben
Just now, ninjamyst said:

Very nice!  I thought these are notorious for nipping?

Yes, they are more overtly corallivores than any other dwarf angelfish, but all of my corals are noxious, so nipping should not be a problem. And even if it was, I don't really care, #worthit

• Like 7
jedimasterben

FTS 02/25/2017

33115189895_e746b9973f_o.jpg

33115184915_d8e70795d0_o.jpg

32299679123_b2a044953e_o.jpg

33115187155_a65c1e5fa2_o.jpg

32988451171_490d65acd9_o.jpg

33115196325_8e9f5675d8_o.jpg

33115195605_bd359072db_o.jpg

33115194935_00f05001b1_o.jpg

33115194195_42f3bb1e84_o.jpg

33115193445_a81d919c2a_o.jpg

32732798150_207d5a4a19_o.jpg

33115191735_d7e26a4def_o.jpg

32988453741_8eac315110_o.jpg

Just now, Christopher Marks said:

How's Lemony Snickett doing today? :lol:

Wasn't liking that I had my DSLR in hand lol. If I walk up to the tank, it is cautious but stays out, with the camera, boom, it stays hidden! turd <_<

• Like 11
Christopher Marks
8 minutes ago, jedimasterben said:

Wasn't liking that I had my DSLR in hand lol. If I walk up to the tank, it is cautious but stays out, with the camera, boom, it stays hidden! turd <_<

Exactly how people act around DSLRs too :lol: Have you tried setting a custom white balance on your camera, or are you shooting RAW files?

This tank is really looking great, I love how balanced the aquascape is. Plus all these amazing fish... wow.

• Like 3