Cultivated Reef

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Missed the photos. Great stuff Ben.

What is on the plate next? :D

-Dave

Maybe cichlids. Saw a tank at a school today with a bunch in it and it made me want some so bad again!!
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Eugene! I've been looking for a mate for her for a while now but apparently these are seasonal and won't be available again for another few months.

I've been watching the lists for us. I also have a soft spot for small scorpions. I've been contemplating buying a red Rhinopias.

jedimasterben

I also got some Rod's food today, herbivore blend. It was a tossup between this and LRS herbivore frenzy as both were 25% off at the LFS, but by the time I got there today the LRS was all gone so they made my choice for me lol. Of course, I live an hour away, and my wife was bitching about something before we left the house and I forgot to grab the cooler to keep it frozen... so I figure okay, we are heading right from the LFS to my friend's house to go fly our quads, it'll be fine, only about a 20 minute ride... and then my wife says we need to go to Target and get diapers for Ellie. I told her that we can, but we should have gone BEFORE getting the damned frozen food, and we had time to get ONLY diapers and not to even pretend to look at anything else. She starts moseying through the store and I make a beeline for the diapers, grab them, and I head to the checkout lines and she is nowhere to be found. We end up leaving almost 25 minutes later. Food was completely thawed by that point, and we still had a 20 minute drive to go. So there goes $20, going to have to use this refrozen crap for the next week and then go BY MYSELF next weekend to get another pack, and of course it won't be on sale. :angry:

• Like 3
jedimasterben
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

25% off is pretty good!  you can still use it

I dunno. I'll feed some of it tonight and see what it looks like. It looked okay after getting it home last night packed in ice, but quality will remain to be seen :/

1 hour ago, tibbsy07 said:

What is in the herbivore blend? Thawed may not be a huge deal.

It is the normal blend of different fish and shrimp but with some seaweed added in.

13 hours ago, jedimasterben said:

I also got some Rod's food today, herbivore blend. It was a tossup between this and LRS herbivore frenzy as both were 25% off at the LFS, but by the time I got there today the LRS was all gone so they made my choice for me lol. Of course, I live an hour away, and my wife was bitching about something before we left the house and I forgot to grab the cooler to keep it frozen... so I figure okay, we are heading right from the LFS to my friend's house to go fly our quads, it'll be fine, only about a 20 minute ride... and then my wife says we need to go to Target and get diapers for Ellie. I told her that we can, but we should have gone BEFORE getting the damned frozen food, and we had time to get ONLY diapers and not to even pretend to look at anything else. She starts moseying through the store and I make a beeline for the diapers, grab them, and I head to the checkout lines and she is nowhere to be found. We end up leaving almost 25 minutes later. Food was completely thawed by that point, and we still had a 20 minute drive to go. So there goes $20, going to have to use this refrozen crap for the next week and then go BY MYSELF next weekend to get another pack, and of course it won't be on sale. :angry:

Doesn't Target sell styrofoam coolers and ice? 

• Like 2

Well it would not be rotten at that point, and the bacteria that are responsible for making us sick from rotting food don't really like salt water and are not likely to make the fish sick

• Like 2
jedimasterben
On 2/19/2017 at 0:55 PM, Sancho said:

Doesn't Target sell styrofoam coolers and ice? 

We were already gone by that point. 

On 2/19/2017 at 2:20 PM, tibbsy07 said:

Well it would not be rotten at that point, and the bacteria that are responsible for making us sick from rotting food don't really like salt water and are not likely to make the fish sick

Not worried about that, was more about the actual nutrient content of the food.

32912502791_1437021f74_h.jpg

32193587724_3c7ea03944_h.jpg

• Like 6
jedimasterben

all the fins

So in that bag of Rod's food, last night I found a completely whole shrimp, still in the shell. I didn't realize it until I had already dumped the food in, and my waspfish actually tried to eat it. Thankfully it spit it out, or it would have choked and I'd have been pissed.

So far, definitely not a fan of it over LRS. My fish don't respond to it as well, and the chunks are also much much smaller, so my waspfish and betta aren't getting as much as they used to without working extra hard.

Never really got into the long fin Clowns... There's a breeder out here that specializes in them and I've never seen one that didn't look like a Betta with shredded fins. To each their own.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
jedimasterben
1 hour ago, Pinner Reef said:

Never really got into the long fin Clowns... There's a breeder out here that specializes in them and I've never seen one that didn't look like a Betta with shredded fins. To each their own.:rolleyes:

They're interesting, though. Genetics are weird :)

• Like 1