Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Great looking build so far. I want to hang my lights next time.

Following along!

It's just so much nicer than trying to mount onto a tank, doooo iitttttttttttt.

That tank doesn't look big enuf for you. I see an upgrade in your future!! lolol :haha:

Oh god I hope not lol. A cube-ish build is definitely something very different from anything I've done before, but I'm up to the challenge, as you guys have seen already :D

• Like 3
jedimasterben

For the stocking list, is that all new? or transfer? look like you have some nice looking gorgonians in the bare bottom, any tips?

All from the 40. Except I had my potters angel jump yesterday. I'm two for two. Sigh.

Tips on gorgonians? Loads of light and feed some powdered foods occasionally.

jedimasterben

That copper wire tho :scarry:

:lol:

You'd be very surprised at how strong wire is. This is super thin stuff, but I can only stretch it out, I can't break it just with my hands trying to pull it apart. The maybe 14-15lbs of both the Ethereal is nothing to the wire :)

Really coming together Ben, sucks about the plumbing issues though. Are you still using the DC-6000 on this tank? My stand gets pretty humid inside also, I'm really glad I added some vents at the rear to help expel some of the air. I have fans also but only really use them in summer if I have to.

• Like 1

Sorry about the angel, Ben. Why do fish have to be suicidal?

Your hanging technique reminds me I need to redo the temporary hanging setup I have over my 40 for the QuadW :)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Really coming together Ben, sucks about the plumbing issues though. Are you still using the DC-6000 on this tank? My stand gets pretty humid inside also, I'm really glad I added some vents at the rear to help expel some of the air. I have fans also but only really use them in summer if I have to.

No, I'm using a DCS-5000 this time. The DC-6000 I had was going strong and still does, but now it's only used to mix water lol.

I'm definitely going to have to add some vents, probably to the back so they're not seen. Very strange that this stand didn't come with some small ones already in place.

Another build? Looks like fun.

Yeah, the 40 started leaking, unfortunately. Blech.

Sorry about the angel, Ben. Why do fish have to be suicidal?

Your hanging technique reminds me I need to redo the temporary hanging setup I have over my 40 for the QuadW :)

Nah, ghetto FTW :D

• Like 3

Yeah, the 40 started leaking, unfortunately. Blech.

Oh wow, that sucks. That's my biggest fear lol. It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from getting a bigger tank so far.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Oh wow, that sucks. That's my biggest fear lol. It's probably the only thing that has stopped me from getting a bigger tank so far.

Yeah, it's definitely a fear, but the chances of it happening (so long as it is sufficiently thick and on a supporting level surface) are extremely low.

I managed to finally get the leaks on this new plumbing fixed. A full turn with channel locs on the drain and a properly sized worm-drive clamp for the return, and nice and dry now. Coralvue is also sending me a little piece I'm missing on the drain that should quiet it down a bit, but thanks to getting rid of that God awful ribbed tubing it is SO much quieter without touching anything else.

• Like 3
HarryPotter

there was a single drop of water this morning on the drain tube. <_<

Condensation.

It'll clog up with salt Jedi, don't worry about a single drop of water!

• Like 2

Condensation.

It'll clog up with salt Jedi, don't worry about a single drop of water!

That would drive me crazy! But I'm kind of OCD about my tanks :D

• Like 2
jedimasterben

That would drive me crazy! But I'm kind of OCD about my tanks :D

same here lol. I think another very small turn of the wrench should fix it, though :)

oh snap.

28446781550_3dc83c8ef1_b.jpg

• Like 5

same here lol. I think another very small turn of the wrench should fix it, though :)

oh snap.

28446781550_3dc83c8ef1_b.jpg

Someone needs to work on there OCD :P I see water spots on the tank........ :lol:

• Like 2