Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Deeper Well - An Acquasole 60

jedimasterben

Marc.The.Shark

I've never gotten paid to do any reviews, or even any design. I've refused a few because they were stipulated on only talking about the good and not to mention any flaws, etc.

So far in what little I've gotten to play with the Ethereal, the light is bright to the eyes and is a pleasing color, not super blue at full power, has a pleasing blue tone from the LED mix (no Windex from too many standard blues), and I'm hoping the warm white LEDs will make my gorgonians look good, but that will be in time.

And unfortunately, I just sent in and checked on the tub and I found my marine betta on the floor, freshly deceased. Not even dry yet :(

Ok, good. Just making sure you didn't sell out to "The Man"! lol.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for this!! :) Figured I'd bring it forward a page!!!

runway%2Bstrut.gif

• Like 8

Just quietly, how good are those extruded aluminium sections to mount lights. Sorry to hear about the marine betta though Ben, they are an awesome fish.

jedimasterben

Just quietly, how good are those extruded aluminium sections to mount lights. Sorry to hear about the marine betta though Ben, they are an awesome fish.

They're great. 8020 is some awesome stuff. A bit on the expensive side, though, I'm looking at around $95 for the new mount setup.

• Like 1

They're great. 8020 is some awesome stuff. A bit on the expensive side, though, I'm looking at around $95 for the new mount setup.

I am really happy with my light tree made from the 8020 gear. Sleek, strong, good finish and really light also. I had to go direct to 8020 for my parts though, luckily they have an Australian supplier. You can get some pretty good deals on their eBay outlet store.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I am really happy with my light tree made from the 8020 gear. Sleek, strong, good finish and really light also. I had to go direct to 8020 for my parts though, luckily they have an Australian supplier. You can get some pretty good deals on their eBay outlet store.

That's the only place I shop for their stuff :D

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Actually made it out $12 cheaper on the 8020 than was expecting. Awww yiss.

I've asked Maxspect if the R420R hanging kit will fit the Ethereal in a similar fashion, but haven't heard back yet. I am thinking that it should as long as the threading on the two housings is the same.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Got two bags of sand. One bag of Nature's Ocean oolite, and one of Samoa Pink #5, which is 1.7-2.5mm grain size. It is not as 'white' as the #2 size, but it can DEFINITELY withstand way more flow.
28536757061_f42c8b2b9d_b.jpg

An hour, some cement, acrylic polymer, and a little vision, and you can turn a bunch of rocks into a pile of rock.
28615807415_00b8e9e635_b.jpg

28537040681_857e2862c4_b.jpg

28509975422_4f6980c323_b.jpg

28509991982_42c180238c_b.jpg

28510010532_4e0320d52c_b.jpg

Another 30g or so of water ready to go to finish filling the tank (will only need to use 10 gallons or so of the water that is in the holding tub).
28508859712_e980b35f59_b.jpg

• Like 8
jedimasterben

Was a good morning for a tank fill.

28520362952_fbc3102c03_b.jpg

I may or may not have had the Gyre outputs turned so that they were facing straight up when I plugged it in.... oops.

• Like 8

Was a good morning for a tank fill.

I may or may not have had the Gyre outputs turned so that they were facing straight up when I plugged it in.... oops.

lol, i did that once too after taking it apart and cleaning it.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Sweet, I've been waiting for the Acquasole to be available. Do they have an emergency return?

Nope, this one has one open drain (1.25") and one return (0.5").

Nice to see it's wet, and that you are too :)

Are you dried off yet? :lol:

I didn't get wet, just the floor :lol:
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

Looking great Buzzy!!

Can't wait to see it all cleared up and glowing.

How much longer?

Well, the drain tubing turns out to NOT be 1 1/4" like the fitting said, because it doesn't fit on a 1 1/4" barb fitting. Grrrrr. Otherwise the tank would be running now.
jedimasterben

Got the 8020 mounting for the Ethereals on Friday and got it in place on the wall. That stuff is so awesome.

28352472160_e0de6ba56d_b.jpg

And then this.

28033234324_f42cd209a0_b.jpg

I replaced the drain with a piece of FlexPVC and glued it in, but this morning after running it all night I saw a drop of water at the top, I don't know yet if it was because I didn't have it on tight enough or if it's just that the female threaded piece of the tank itself is crap.

The return tubing is this super thin silicone, and it had a couple of small holes that were invisible to the eye, but water dripped right out of once pressurized by the return pump. I was able to cut that inch or so off, but the tank did not come with any clamp to hold it to the barb fitting, so I just used a large worm-drive clamp I had, and it was too larg, I believe, so it still has a very very minor drip leak.

This is all on top of the tank being so loud with my return pump pushing the minimum amount of water. I sent some pics to Coralvue and they said that I am missing some parts that they'd send over. Converting the drain to FlexPVC instead of the ribbed garbage it came with reduced noise significantly, but being a standard open channel drain with no plumbing to adjust airflow into the drain, it will never be quiet, hopefully the parts I'm missing will do the trick. It went from sounding like someone was filling the tank with a garden hose from five feet above to a muffled water gurgling sound. When I fully close the stand, it's tolerable as it is, but the inside of the stand get so humid in such a short time that I will need to vent it or I cannot keep any electrical hardware in it.

28543558342_728ddae5bf_b.jpg

After all that, I couldn't sleep, so I got the Ethereals hung up. There is no hanging kit yet, so I literally just took some copper wire I had left over from my Sunpower build and have that tied together. The stuff can hold probably 40lbs of weight or so, so the two Ethereal is nothing, and the wire sleeve is tacky enough to hold extremely tightly when tied. 10 cents in wire holding up $1200 in lighting :D

28558312032_20fc5ab461_b.jpg

Got them plugged in, they connected right up to the ICV6 wireless controller, and were ready to roll.

28380849510_a655b4537b_b.jpg

• Like 5