SaltCritters.com

FS: Nano Conch Snails (strombus maculatus) 5 for $25 Shipped

glennr1978

glennr1978

Hey everyone! It's time to thin my herd of nano conch snails. I've got quite a few throughout all of my tanks but these little guys are so efficient that I think they may literally starve if I don't cut their numbers back a bit. These are the only snails I use and they straight up DEVOUR basically any nuisance algae. They reproduce rapidly as well. So you don't need a whole lot of them, after a few months your tank will be loaded up with these little guys.

Here's a link to my buddies thread that contains more info: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/347155-fs-strombus-maculatusnano-conch-snails/

$25 for 5 snails. I've got enough to do 12 packs but PM is key!! These will be sold on a first come first served basis. Shipping will be via USPS priority (2 days to most areas). I can start shipping these little guys as soon as tomorrow.

Frag plug is for size reference.

28114474395_7c1b26a281_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 2

I got some of these from Glenn and he's right - they are workhorses and reproduce well! Great little snails - and they're really cute too :)

• Like 1
glennr1978

I got some of these from Glenn and he's right - they are workhorses and reproduce well! Great little snails - and they're really cute too :)

Glad you like them :). Thanks!

how big do they get? are these same as fighting conchs? do they only go on sandbed or on rocks too?

No, completely different beasts! These guys only get to about 5/8" and they don't bury themselves in the sand (that I've noticed anyway). They will be all over the rocks and glass.

• Like 1
glennr1978

Sent you a pm earlier! didn't get any response

Back at ya :)

Save a pack for me please. I will PM you tonight once I get home from work.

Sounds good, I'll hold a pack for you.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Actually, these are Euplica scripta, not Strombus maculatus. They are similar to whelks, I'm not sure where on the net they started getting called conchs, but they aren't :)

They're also super badass, so whether they're conchs or whelk-like, they're one of the best parts of a cleanup crew you can have!

• Like 4
MrNanoReef

Back at ya :)

Sounds good, I'll hold a pack for you.

Thanks my CUC are dying out so these will be perfect addition.

• Like 1
glennr1978

Actually, these are Euplica scripta, not Strombus maculatus. They are similar to whelks, I'm not sure where on the net they started getting called conchs, but they aren't :)

They're also super badass, so whether they're conchs or whelk-like, they're one of the best parts of a cleanup crew you can have!

I just went with what they were known as here :).

Also, almost wiped away (literally) some babies with my mag float just now.

28105139966_21e355c459_c.jpg

I think I'll leave the egg sack alone and take a new pic every couple of days to see how they progress. Should be interesting :)

• Like 8

I also got some of these from Glenn pretty bad ass little snails. Glenn is great to deal with. Buy with confidence

• Like 5

I just went with what they were known as here :).

Also, almost wiped away (literally) some babies with my mag float just now.

28105139966_21e355c459_c.jpg

I think I'll leave the egg sack alone and take a new pic every couple of days to see how they progress. Should be interesting :)

That's a cool idea!

• Like 1
glennr1978

I also got some of these from Glenn pretty bad ass little snails. Glenn is great to deal with. Buy with confidence

Thanks buddy :)

It looks like I'm down to 3 packs ( a few are pending payment) so act fast you guys!

That's a cool idea!

Hopefully! If I don't completely forget about them and wipe them off with the mag float..

• Like 2
jamescstein

Thanks buddy :)

It looks like I'm down to 3 packs ( a few are pending payment) so act fast you guys!

Hopefully! If I don't completely forget about them and wipe them off with the mag float..

I haven't cleaned my glass in months now because I have these all over the place, trying to build up a population for my wifes 125.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

I am going to have to get some from Glenn as soon as I can pinpoint why the rest of my CUC died recently. Lost almost everything, all FL ceriths, all three of my conchs, all my chestnut turbos. I think I have two or three of these left and maybe a nassarius floating around.

• Like 1
glennr1978

I am going to have to get some from Glenn as soon as I can pinpoint why the rest of my CUC died recently. Lost almost everything, all FL ceriths, all three of my conchs, all my chestnut turbos. I think I have two or three of these left and maybe a nassarius floating around.

I'll be ready whenever you are buddy.

All PM's have been responded to you guys. All 12 packs either pending or are now sold but i can make a couple more if anyone else is interested.

How did they taste, Sancho?

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions