Top Shelf Aquatics

new Build total watt and LDD-500H load confirmation

giermo

Hello

Im in the process of creating my LED buid for a 75gal reef tank 48L*18W*20H

I have already purchased some multi chips but need to now get the correct PSU and drivers.

Here are the chips specs;

12 leds 3 watts each ____> 36 watt per multi chip requires LDD-500H as per manuf.

5 units tot ____> 180 is total fixture watt

4 channels ____> 45 is watt per ldd

I want to run 5 of these in series using one LDD-500H driver for each channel.

Can the meanwell ldd-500h support 45 watts as per my calcs above??

---if not, can i run this setup just at half power etc, as i plan to dim for sure( wanted more chips for better lights spread )

i plan to get the 5UP board as i know that works.

what powersupply can i get away with using??

looking at these two, but would rather get cheapest that works.

i currently have 2 par 58s on a 40 Gall cube, which much lower wattage and the tank is flourishing, so if i can run all just underpowered etc, that would be great.

let me know if im flawed in my thinking \ any advise would be great.

Thanks

jedimasterben

There is no way possible to use a single LDD-500H to run five of each channel in series, the total voltage is around 54-55v. The maximum input voltage is 56v, and the maximum output voltage is only 52v, so they will not run properly. You'll need a total of 10x LDD-500H, run three of each channel in series on one set, and the remaining two of each channel on the other set.

The first set of LDD-500H running three in series will be outputting around 16.2 watts each, and the second set will be around 10.8 watts each, plus another maybe half a watt for the LDD's inner conversion. The highest wattage output of an LDD-500H is around 26 watts (52 volts times 0.5 amps) when using a 56v power supply.

thanks for the reply. yeah 5 was too much lol. My want vs theoretical requirements :(

gonna run just 3 of these now, and dangle my 2 par38 bulbs as well cause i can

I have been in contact with ledgroup buy and all is now resolved.

Archived