Matt's IM Fusion 20: we back

myarmolich

RIP Beautiful status of this tank. Long live v2.0

#imuglyandimproud

Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 gallon

Full tank shot: June 7th, 2017

I'll break out the DSLR next time :(

Display: Length: 24 in. Width: 15 in. Height: 13 in. Starfire glass
Lighting: Nanobox Hybrid w/ V3 Arrays, Gooseneck, and Storm Controller + Coral plus + Blue Plus ATI t5 bulbs
Flow: Return pump - Stock, VorTech MP10wES for in-tank flow
Skimmer: IM Ghost Desktop
ATO: Smart ATO Nano
Refugium: Chaeto and DIY LED's attached to the back chamber

Media: Purigen, Filter Floss, Carbon, GFO

Stand: IKEA Square stand 4 x 2 w/ Kallax Doors
14 lbs of Live Rock + Live Sand and water from my old setup

Fish:

Bonded Pair of Perecula Clown's

Firefish x2

Dward Flameback Angelfish

Coral:

Anything that was in my wallet/will ever be in my wallet

and i want a clam very bad

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 6
myarmolich

Looking at dosing requirements since this is going to be a heavy SPS tank (pics coming soon) (spoiler alert spent way too much on frags this weekend :P)

Considering either another jebao doser or potentially doing auto water changes to maintain parameters (1 gallon/day) anyone have any incite on what would be better?

Also anyone have any thoughts on adding an IM skimmer? not sure if i really need it or not but any input would be good

myarmolich

Love the look - I just ordered the same tank.

Its crazy how good the build quality is. Being a DIY kinda guy I couldnt fathom paying $200 for a tank, but this is definitely worth it

• Like 1

Saw this today on my lunch break and figured you guys would enjoy it

Db1BX76l.jpg

Hitchhiking a ride..

Ha, that's pretty funny.

I wonder if it'll stay there long?

• Like 1
myarmolich

Ha, that's pretty funny.

I wonder if it'll stay there long?

not sure, lowkey freaking out rn because I just realized it could detach and get sucked into a powerhead :o

hindsights a *****

myarmolich

New FTS:

qjBKImdl.jpg

and a few beauty shots of the tank :D

2wfJys9l.jpg

KD2eQykl.jpg

tZNaZ3ml.jpg

86ZqhHDl.jpg

Bonus pic of my side tank (actually moms, shes just too busy to take care of it rn)

evgOi6jl.jpg

Not a bad view from my bed

lPD9Drcl.jpg

• Like 2
dferrari13

Nice! Looking good! IM skimmers work ok....but they take a while to break in...I'd go with the IM reactor pared with the IM skimmer with sps

• Like 1
myarmolich

Nice! Looking good! IM skimmers work ok....but they take a while to break in...I'd go with the IM reactor pared with the IM skimmer with sps

probably gonna bite the bullet and buy a retail one next paycheck. Damn you IM and your overinflated prices! Thanks for the information!

myarmolich

Anyone have any experience with growing freshwater plants in their ATO container? thinking about how a display ATO (5 gallon cube) container might be the coolest thing ever with potentially a beta and a minimalist setup and using plants to filter any impurities from the water.

Ever since I finally got around to mounting all my corals, my sand bed is looking a little bare. Anyone have experience with long tentacle plates/any recommendations to fill up this void in my tank?

Elizabeth94

Thats a really great picture of the scolly!

Are you running the stock filter socks in the overflows still or media baskets?

• Like 1

Thats a really great picture of the scolly!

Are you running the stock filter socks in the overflows still or media baskets?

I switched to custom made media baskets. The filter socks were cool for about 3 days and then cleaning them became a chore haha

Elizabeth94

I know what you mean. Used to run them in my sump for the 29gal I had and I could only get them clean with a high pressure hose. Two days later and they needed a good cleaning again. So annoying

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

mesh filter socks are easy to clean. a quick rinse in the sink is all it needs.

Mesh? So they arent the ones that are like a thick fabric? Hm. Havent seen them in person yet so I assumed they were the thick socks.

• Like 1

Mesh? So they arent the ones that are like a thick fabric? Hm. Havent seen them in person yet so I assumed they were the thick socks.

same, ive never seen those! I guess at some point though it doesnt really matter. Filter floss is so much cheaper to replace!

• Like 1

Its crazy how good the build quality is. Being a DIY kinda guy I couldnt fathom paying $200 for a tank, but this is definitely worth it

I think even the 30L is a great value for what you get, after that it tails off pretty rapidly and AIO becomes more of a hindrance than benefit IMO.

I was very happy with my 10, and even happier with the 20. Money well spent and an ever-lessing part of the overall cost once you get going haha!

• Like 2