inTank Media Baskets

Corallife BioCube 29 Journey

Narzyzz_12

• 4 months later...

Hey guys and gals it's been a while since I've updated this thread, mainly bc life has been keeping me extra busy:happydance:.Anyways the Biocube has been running smoothy for the most part except that about two weeks ago there was a STN event .It started with my TSA Pacman Dragon colony STNing, so I cut around the dying areas hoping to prevent it from spreading,but the frag ended up dying within the day.Tankfully I had a two other healthy frags I made a while back. The next day my Grafted Setosa and regular setosa started STNing as well:scarry: so I fragged the healthy parts of the coral and managed to save them.Moral of the story is having backup clones spread out within the tank and other systems is essential for keeping corals long term, since at times they can die for no apparent reason.Here's a little top down action for those that are interested.Happy Holidays everyone!:wizard:

Also if anyone in SWFL would like to trade coral lmk

• Like 1
On 12/21/2018 at 1:09 PM, Christopher Marks said:

I'm always blown away by how jam packed your nano reef is, thanks for checking in @Narzyzz_12! That STN incident sounds scary though, at least you had backup frags! Any idea what might have been the cause?

For sure,got coral growing on all sides except the front panel. Something I did different was while doing a routine wc  I tried to get rid of a shroom.I noticed a rogue blue shroom was encroaching a cyphastrea colony so I tried to cut it out, but before I had a chance to take it out completely it retracted and all I got way some  shroom juices in the water column.This could have triggered the STN event.

On 12/21/2018 at 2:34 PM, vlangel said:

Such pretty colors.  I am glad that you had back up frags.  Good idea.

Thanks. Something I was thinking about is setting up a few other tanks to have backups for the backups :happydance:.Not sure if that would fly with the roomies though:slap:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Can we get a FTS from the front...!? 😃 😎

Will post one in a few minutes, p.s I'll have a few frag rack in the way.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Can we get a FTS from the front...!? 😃 😎

FTS as requested think I need to move the leather into a bigger tank lol

IMG_3116.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...