SaltCritters.com

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

:bowdown: Looks awesome!

What kind of paint are you using that's $38/quart?

Its the Annie Sloan chalk paint. I will say the paint will stick to anything......I am sure you could even paint a dog turd and it would stick :lol: I saw glass painted with this paint and it looked great. No prep work is even needed.....I did sand the living shit out of the wood as I am just anal about that stuff.......

Thanks!

that black rim around the barnwood, is that steel frame, paint, or a heated laminate type deal?

Its 1 1/2 x 1/8 angle that I welded together then painted it flay black as I did not want to wait for powder coat. Then used 1/2 birch ply for the backing and mounted the barn wood to it with construction adhesive and also a few screws.

• Like 3

Well the weekend is here and well nothing good going on this weekend......I was going to plumb it as I just got this box of goodies from BRS.....along with some nice black pvc.

IMG_2549.jpg

Well after looking and thinking I decided to swap out the sump.....I can fit a 40 breeder in there and have a foot in the front and about 9 inches to the left of it so.......I ordered one out of cali and will be here next week.......ok before you ask I am so anal I have to have black silicone so.......that is why it is on order.......hell you think a aqueon would work :rolleyes:

As you can see it is just a bit bigger than what I have now but I will probably run 30 gallons in it at all times......I want as big of a fuge as I can get and also might try running a algae scrubber also.

IMG_2547.jpg

And last installed the synergy overflow. Can you see it.......I think it will look good once water is in there.

IMG_2550.jpg

• Like 5

Can you please make this just a Xenia tank for the irony?

Do you think a 48" ATI with 8 Nanobox arrays will grow xenia? oh wait maybe I should just get a couple CFLs........

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Do you think a 48" ATI with 8 Nanobox arrays will grow xenia? oh wait maybe I should just get a couple CFLs........

Not enough par

• Like 1

Also forgot waiting on my yoga mat to show up :o and no workout or me.....tank is on some foam right now but a little to high for me so it needs to go down a little. Once that shows on Sunday if no rain I might get the trim around the tank finished up.....

• Like 2

I missed all these updates! I agree with Patback. This is going to be amazing - I absolutely LOVE the stand and the tank. HURRY UP already :D

• Like 1

Awesome build! Love what you've done with the cabinet. Can't wait to see this with water, rock and corals.

Thanks especially coming from you who inspired this build!

This ain't wet yet? Who are you, jack?

Oh don't even get me started! I've been bugging him for weeks :lol:

Hey now at least I post pics :P Oh I still need a floor to put it on.......also it might be wet next week for a leak test in the garage :lol: I give it a month till its in the house........I need to build the sump once it shows.......I might copy Plainrt and do a scrubber.

I have to build a stand for the wifes new tank also :blink: I have a local fish store who wants 6 steel stands.......plus they want a 8 foot step stand for stock tanks......just talked with a guy who wants a 72x30 stand for his new tank........my weekends are getting really full.........

• Like 3
Elizabeth94

I really love your stand!

I am currently selling furniture, and we just got a beautiful bedroom set that matches your stand exactly. It is kinda weird that they look so similar to be honest.. I may have to snap a pic, thats how similar they are.

And that synergy overflow... What I want for my dream tank, I hope to hear what you think about it once the tank has been running for a bit. It blends right in, looks great!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What is da fug is going on in here? Updates :D

Not much :blink: I got this big box in the mail and a few other pieces but that's all for now :( work is busy as hell right now and summer hit so I get roped into camping and boating.......

Am hoping to get the tank plumbed in a week or so and hopefully up and running in a few weeks. Yeah I know lame but hey I got the wife a IM30 :lol:

• Like 4

She needs to work on her own tank so you can get going on this one :)

Yeah sure right :lol: I want things to live not die :unsure: all she cared about was some clown fish......so I put the pair in my RFA tank in there and a bunch of zoas I fragged out of the beater tank. Just a simple softy tank with a few high end shrooms in there......oh and maybe a ATI powermodule as I am not to happy with the look of the Corona I won. A quad would be great but.........will see what happens I might get a hair up my you know what :blink:

• Like 2

I'm not kidding when I say this, this really might be my favorite build of all time.

Thank You! and stay tuned it might get done some day :lol:

• Like 1

Progress :lol: sump showed up and got to work on the plumbing. I still need to plumb the return and make a holder for the plumbing as I am not to fond of the weight hanging on the overflow box. Hopefully leak test this weekend........fingers crossed ;)

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

Also baffles for the sump but that can wait for now.

• Like 3