SaltCritters.com

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

yungKitten
Just now, Nixperience said:

I had a bit of a hangover today. I moved 5 yards of mulch yesterday alone and I was so sore, I drank a bunch of bourbon. 

I would have thought that would be too much for one man. Hats off!

Nixperience
2 minutes ago, yungKitten said:

I would have thought that would be too much for one man. Hats off!

It was, but once I get going I can't stop until it's done or something stops me. 

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
22 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

I had a bit of a hangover today. I moved 5 yards of mulch yesterday alone and I was so sore, I drank a bunch of bourbon. 

I just had a snort myself, I do like my bourbon and home made cider.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

The fukn hangovers are what gets ya, I ain't built for that shit no more, lol.

Pussy :P 

Cmon old man................I have to as I know your older :lol: 

2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I just had a snort myself, I do like my bourbon and home made cider.

Just a few beers here...............

I like my bourbon but 2 fifths years ago kind of cured me of that :wacko: me and Jim were really tight that night..........................it didn't end up well :lol:

• Like 5
StinkyBunny

I was home on leave and we went to M's grandma's place and she made 2 gallons of whiskey sours. My team and I spent the night out in the barn howling at the moon because her grandma made them outta real honest to goodness firewater, lol. I used up all my IVs the next day to rehydrate.

• Like 5
Nixperience
29 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I was home on leave and we went to M's grandma's place and she made 2 gallons of whiskey sours. My team and I spent the night out in the barn howling at the moon because her grandma made them outta real honest to goodness firewater, lol. I used up all my IVs the next day to rehydrate.

IVs to rehydrate. Now that's a hangover. 

• Like 6
StinkyBunny
14 hours ago, Nixperience said:

IVs to rehydrate. Now that's a hangover. 

In an hour, it's like you never went out and got hammered the night before. Fixes your electrolytes and kills the headache. Drink a bottle of pedialyte when you get home from getting hammered and it'll lessen the hangover. A hangover's an electrolyte imbalance plain and simple.

• Like 3
Nixperience
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

In an hour, it's like you never went out and got hammered the night before. Fixes your electrolytes and kills the headache. Drink a bottle of pedialyte when you get home from getting hammered and it'll lessen the hangover. A hangover's an electrolyte imbalance plain and simple.

Ya. Pedialyte or Gatorade works, but an IV is hardcore. 

StinkyBunny

If you couldn't start an IV on yourself then you couldn't be on my team. Murphy's Law Of Combat in small units dictates that your medic's gonna buy it first so everyone was well trained in first aid. I got this bright idea one morning after a bender and it worked. So we did it after a hard night's drinking.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

If rather suffer the consequences than have to deal with needles...

:lol: needles are easy..................hell I felt like a pin cushion when I broke my leg...........once I got MRSA I was donating samples every 3 days.......it was nuts. I even had to give myself shots twice a day for a while and the PIC line was awesome :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

Wow...........was bored so went through this thread again...........saw this pic and what it started as to what it is now is nuts..............

IMG_3080.jpg

Halloween last year.................

March of this year..............

IMG_3550.JPG

• Like 11
  • 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

whoa.

Nice build.

Thanks!

Tank is on cruise control right now with summer here and work is nuts. I need to thin out some zoas as some of them are taking over and growing over others......I never thought nuclear greens would be overgrown but they are being surrounded by some cats eyes I think and they are overtaking everything.......my rastas are gone as they were buried. 

• Like 3

Wow, I agree, it's hard to imagine nuclear greens giving way to anything else. I've thought about getting rid of mine because they just take over everything. I'm getting to that stage, too, though, where it's time to start trimming out extra zoas to keep the balance of world peace on the rocks. Otherwise you eventually end up with a rock with only one kind of zoa.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, I agree, it's hard to imagine nuclear greens giving way to anything else. I've thought about getting rid of mine because they just take over everything. I'm getting to that stage, too, though, where it's time to start trimming out extra zoas to keep the balance of world peace on the rocks. Otherwise you eventually end up with a rock with only one kind of zoa.

I agree with that statement......I need to shoot another pic my CARs may be buried now :( 

• Like 1

Such a difficult hobby, either things are dying because they don't like something in the tank, or everything is doing so well that growth is out of control. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Such a difficult hobby, either things are dying because they don't like something in the tank, or everything is doing so well that growth is out of control. 

Very true :lol: I have xenia going nuts also..........I pulled a bunch out but there is still a few pieces left.......

CARs are still there......I need to clean the glass and will snap a few pics.......that may be a while I just opened a beer or two :o

• Like 1

Ok took a few seconds and swiped the glass :lol: things need a good trimming though and a few corals need to be glued down........also I starved my scoly its not looking to good anymore..........

anyway a few pics of the mess.............

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

IMG_3947.JPG

IMG_3948.JPG

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3953.jpg

And Teeny that camera is still in the box you sent it in :rolleyes: yeah lame...........

• Like 5

Looks great! Those colonies are starting to get big, and the zoa rock is awesome.

But you really should try out the camera :lol:

• Like 1