Coral Vue Hydros

Spectras 100 Lagoon Part Deux

spectra

2 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Is that what I think it is?  green and gold like this? 👇🏼

www.nano-reef.com%26dtd=250&title=ISO%20

BTW, @spectra, you must be excited about this reboot, damn I haven't seen this much activity on this tank thread in years....might be its busiest wknd ever. 

Um maybe..................:lol: local reefer took down his tank and well he had a lot of nice stuff........

I just want to see it all grow........fingers crossed no issues and can get the SPS going.........

• Like 3
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

You need more than a camera... to help you but that might be a good start...

I mean looking good. Cant wait to see it

More than a camera ?

• 3 weeks later...

Was doing a little feeding tonight........tank seems to be doing pretty well......some SPS doing great a few that are not so well but hey shit happens.......millis are happy as hell look at the growth on the one.....its spreading out pretty well as its only been in there a few months or so.

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6642.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6644.jpg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Milli seems to like this spot. 

Are you getting a gold torch or something? Those things are super nice but pricey around here. 

No I got the torch a few posts back and just going to stick with that.

LFS does have a few gold ones but am good with the one I have.

• Like 1
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, spectra said:

No I got the torch a few posts back and just going to stick with that.

LFS does have a few gold ones but am good with the one I have.

How much is he asking? I was going to get one but the guy pissed me off on the day of the pick up. Raised the price by $75 on the dime. Moron!!!!

• Wow 1
5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

How much is he asking? I was going to get one but the guy pissed me off on the day of the pick up. Raised the price by $75 on the dime. Moron!!!!

For the golds ones ? I think it was 150 or so for them but not sure.

I only paid 100 for that green and gold one above.......

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, spectra said:

For the golds ones ? I think it was 150 or so for them but not sure.

I only paid 100 for that green and gold one above.......

That’s a good deal. Gonna look around tommorow for something similar. But I haven’t seen one this nice in ages. 

5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

That’s a good deal. Gonna look around tommorow for something similar. But I haven’t seen one this nice in ages. 

whats he asking?

A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

whats he asking?

9 minutes ago, spectra said:

whats he asking?

You mean the moron guy or LFS?

LFS don’t have them this nice. Moron was asking for Holy Grail torch (Indo) 175 (b4 he went crazy and jacked it up to 250). 

• Wow 2
StinkyBunny
7 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

You mean the moron guy or LFS?

LFS don’t have them this nice. Moron was asking for Holy Grail torch (Indo) 175 (b4 he went crazy and jacked it up to 250). 

I saw on one site they had them priced at $500 per stalk, when I went back the next day they were sold out.

• Sad 1
A Little Blue
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

I saw on one site they had them priced at $500 per stalk, when I went back the next day they were sold out.

That’s crazy. And with that part of the coral collecting market being shutdown, these ridiculous prices might go up even farther. It wouldn’t surprise me if prices of Xenia & GSP went up as well. I could be wrong but I don’t think they import that stuff also since it is (not sure) from the same area. 

StinkyBunny
5 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

That’s crazy. And with that part of the coral collecting market being shutdown, these ridiculous prices might go up even farther. It wouldn’t surprise me if prices of Xenia & GSP went up as well. I could be wrong but I don’t think they import that stuff also since it is (not sure) from the same area. 

I have about 50 heads and your ass will hurt after you get the bill for one head. I saw it coming, one of the collectors found a bunch of it and I ordered 2 boxes of it. Those last few shipments of corals were quite expensive. GSP and Xenia have already gone up here to $20-$30/ 1" frag or stalk. It's not going to get any better either. I have about 20 kilos of Xenia and one run that's 1/2 covered in the purple centred GSP.

• Like 2
A Little Blue
48 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

I have about 50 heads and your ass will hurt after you get the bill for one head. I saw it coming, one of the collectors found a bunch of it and I ordered 2 boxes of it. Those last few shipments of corals were quite expensive. GSP and Xenia have already gone up here to $20-$30/ 1" frag or stalk. It's not going to get any better either. I have about 20 kilos of Xenia and one run that's 1/2 covered in the purple centred GSP.

I’ll be on the look out for that gold torch. I know that even some retailers and farms can’t get their hands on it. When it comes it is gone (among high volume distributors) in no time. I visited 3 LFS on Long Island and non had anything that resembled gold torch or even a gold hummers. Got plenty of GSP on hand. I can probably get some aquacultured Xenia if I want to (locally). Not sure how you got it tho? I thought GSP and Xenia (pulsing kind) came from restricted territories..... People always ask, what is the next big think in the hobby? IMHO anything that is sanctioned by government and regulatory mechanism in areas known from coral collection. 

How much that gold torch is going to cost me than? I had a great day so far so a bit of insanity won’t hurt. Lol

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

I’ll be on the look out for that gold torch. I know that even some retailers and farm can’t get their hands on it. When it comes it is gone (among high volume distributors) in no time. I visited 3 LFS on Long Island and non had anything that resembled gold torch or even a gold hummers. Got plenty of GSP on hand. I can probably get some aquacultured Xenia if I want to (locally). Not sure how you got it tho? I thought GSP and Xenia (pulsing kind) came from restricted territories..... People always ask, what is the next big think in the hobby? IMHO anything that is sanctioned by government and regulatory mechanism in areas known from coral collection. 

How much that gold torch is going to cost me than? I had a great day so far so a bit of insanity won’t hurt. Lol

Funny thing about Xenia. Right after GW1 I stayed in Israel and decompressed after spending months behind the lines there. So anyhow, I stayed in Israel and was diving every day. I watched a pair of Emporer angels and a pair of Sunshine dottybacks for about a month. I knew which way they fled and figured I could capture them up and haul ass to the plane and be gone quickly. In that area there were rocks that were covered in Pulsing Xenia, about 50 km long and probably 500m wide. I grabbed 3 coolers put my critters in them and hauled ass home. I often wonder how much of that Xenia I brought home has lineage today. I grabbed up 9 smaller rocks of Xenia. Back then I sold them for $200 ea, lol. I sold 6 of them within the month, kept the other 3. I'd imagine the retail on the torch corals will be $500ish retail if not more when I release them.

A Little Blue
9 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Funny thing about Xenia. Right after GW1 I stayed in Israel and decompressed after spending months behind the lines there. So anyhow, I stayed in Israel and was diving every day. I watched a pair of Emporer angels and a pair of Sunshine dottybacks for about a month. I knew which way they fled and figured I could capture them up and haul ass to the plane and be gone quickly. In that area there were rocks that were covered in Pulsing Xenia, about 50 km long and probably 500m wide. I grabbed 3 coolers put my critters in them and hauled ass home. I often wonder how much of that Xenia I brought home has lineage today. I grabbed up 9 smaller rocks of Xenia. Back then I sold them for $200 ea, lol. I sold 6 of them within the month, kept the other 3. I'd imagine the retail on the torch corals will be $500ish retail if not more when I release them.

You’re talking about good old days. I don’t even know if anything but fish is imported from the Red Sea...... 

I think Israel might have a narrow access to the Red Sea (I honestly don’t remember). 

$500 per head didn’t give me any headache at all. You have basically cured me from getting one so thank you. Lmao. 

Next time you get something rare (like Xenia back then) put a name on it. Tracing it down will be that much easier. 

2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well all this torch talk.............

IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6648.jpg

Nice!! Love me some torches.  I got a couple of them.. left one only cost me 25 bucks a year ago.. must be a holy grail brown/tan version 🤣....

20190317_161334.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Corals have gone up quit a bit in my area too.. did get this little guy today for any too much $$ but damn I wanted something to add lol.. told it was a favia?? Is that what it is??

20190317_161620.jpg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Corals have gone up quit a bit in my area too.. did get this little guy today for any too much $$ but damn I wanted something to add lol.. told it was a favia?? Is that what it is??

20190317_161620.jpg

Yes looks like a favia to me.

I like the torches as they move in the flow......only reason I picked that one up was it was a good deal and came from a friends tank he tore down.....

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Weikel said:

20190317_161620.jpg

War coral maybe??? I think they have long sweepers at night, don’t they?

• Like 1

Gorgeous torch, spectra. And what is that beauty in the upper right corner... love it!  Ah man, last post before I have to take over driving home from SF. 😩

E44B3C5F-131A-4DAF-8A06-D938C3361BF1.thumb.jpeg.cc7f2eeb81c61a909e37f87ff232f5eb.jpeg

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Yes I think sweepers will be present...........thats why I dont do many favias and chalice corals.......

4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

🤷‍♂️ dunno been in the tank about 5 hours only lol