Coral Vue Hydros

thilankasp

Sounds like the Porcelain crab is a nice addition..

It's time for me to start thinking of stocking options for this tank.

The key members of the tank will be a pair of clownfish ( either snowflakes, picassos or black photons )

What else can I have in the tank without increasing the bioload to a high level. The tank will have a BTA, Zoas, Softies & LPS.. and maybe a RFA if I can find a good one..

I would like to add either a pair of Yasha gobies.. a Bangaii cardinal or a Court Jester goby..

So what's by best stocking option while maintaining a decent bioload. Also in which order should I add them..

Advice is appreciated.. also are there any other fish I should consider..?

Wow I love the scape! This tank is going to be great

I would add the Yashas earlier on, as they will probably be one of the more shy fish. A pair of Bangaiis would look nice. Maybe you'd also like a small flasher wrasse, dartfish, basslet, or goby. I like to browse sites like liveaquaria or bluezoo when I'm trying to get stocking ideas

• Like 1

Wow I love the scape! This tank is going to be great

I would add the Yashas earlier on, as they will probably be one of the more shy fish. A pair of Bangaiis would look nice. Maybe you'd also like a small flasher wrasse, dartfish, basslet, or goby. I like to browse sites like liveaquaria or bluezoo when I'm trying to get stocking ideas

Thanks..

I would select some other goby if my LFS wont be getting Yashas.. Is it ok to keep two different species of gobies in a small tank like this.. I really like the Bangaii as well.. This must be the hardest thing to do when building a reef tank.. So many choices for livestock and corals its impossible to select.

Thanks..

I would select some other goby if my LFS wont be getting Yashas.. Is it ok to keep two different species of gobies in a small tank like this.. I really like the Bangaii as well.. This must be the hardest thing to do when building a reef tank.. So many choices for livestock and corals its impossible to select.

It depends on the type of gobies. What species were you considering?

That's the fun!

It depends on the type of gobies. What species were you considering?

That's the fun!

Any small goby.. specially Yasha, Green banded, Neon, Yellow Rose or Dracula goby..

What about the stocking density.. how many small fish can I add while maintaining a decent bioload?

for this tank id say you can go with 4 to 5 small fish. pick your fish a little strategically though... get a fish for algae cleanup like a foxface, a fish for sifting sand like a jawfish or goby's, etc. your bioload mainly becomes a problem only if your tank is either not very well established or your maintenance is not as good as it should be. i have 6 fish and nearly every square centimeter of rock covered in coral in a 45 gallon, i have no protein skimmer, no reactor, no automatic dosing, no ATO. all i do is run good carbon, have a solid CUC, and do a 20% water change every single week. i also feed an entire cube of frozen mysis every single day and target feed every single coral 3-4 times per week... so you could imagine how polluted and mucked up my tank is, but my parameters are perfection and the only algae i ever get is on the glass. you shouldn't worry about your bioload as much as you should worry about getting fish that will be happy with each other because nothing is worse than finding a carpet surfer, or ever worse, trying to get a small fish out of the tank once its in...

I had 6 fish in my 20g with no issues. Two clownfish, 2 green banded gobies, one firefish and one pink streaked wrasse (for size comparison). But I do keep up with my weekly maintenance. If you start to slack with that many fish you will most likely run into problems with nutrients. Right now I have 5 since my wrasse died (presumably old age). But I will be replacing him ASAP :).

Green banded gobies are a ton of fun and are very little. I feel I have the perfect balance of the perfect fish in my tank :).

• Like 1

Added the Jebao RW-4 during the weekend. Still keeping the power on mid levels.. Any suggestions about the placement. I kept it on the opposite side from the return pump. It creates a decent flow.. I might try and increase it a little by little..

Do Fish/Corals benefit from having the Night Mode switched on...

The Blood Red Fire Shrimp was having problems with the Scarlet Skunk so I removed him and added another Scarlet Skunk.. These two seems very happy together.. Coralline seem to be growing very well.. No sign of algae spreading. Looks like the CUC is doing their jobs well..

Hopefully I will get the fish during the coming weekend..

07%20-%2025.07.2016_zpsylvhbg3f.png

• Like 3

Before I got my Reeflink, I just kept my MP10 set at the same level day and night. The corals and fish never complained :)

Now that I have the Reeflink, I reduce the flow at night, just because it seems like a good idea. But I don't know if it really matters or not.

Looking good!

• Like 1

The 'night mode' on the Jebao pumps is pretty hit and miss. It relies of a light sensor built into the controller where as the Ecotech pumps have a built in timer. If the controller is in a cabinet it will never really work, it's only really useful if the controller itself is in direct view of a window with natural light coming in. I tried it with my pair of RW-4's, was too much of a hassle. They now run 24x7 on Else mode.

• Like 2
Mikeymikemike

You don't have to worry about flow just yet. To give the rw4 a lower profile you can mount it sideways.

I like how your aquascape looks dry and you can probabaly add nems in a month or two

• Like 1

Thanks guys.. Went to the LFS yesterday to get some supplies and there was a single lonely (he was) Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica) in a tank. Long story short... now he's in my tank. Still spends most of the time hiding. But comes out at feeding time. He eats pellets as well.. so my first fish resident is in the tank..

• Like 2

Thanks guys.. Went to the LFS yesterday to get some supplies and there was a single lonely (he was) Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica) in a tank. Long story short... now he's in my tank. Still spends most of the time hiding. But comes out at feeding time. He eats pellets as well.. so my first fish resident is in the tank..

Awesome first fish! It's always best to get the most timid fish first. And they are gorgeous as well. I love mine. It's one of those fish I will always have in my reef :).

• Like 1

Awesome first fish! It's always best to get the most timid fish first. And they are gorgeous as well. I love mine. It's one of those fish I will always have in my reef :).

Yes.. My one is always out now, exploring the tank.. They maybe timid..but they are filled with character.. It's very entertaining to see him interact with my cleaner shrimps.

Photo Time..!!!

_MG_8301_zpsjwrja4r0.png

_MG_8542_zpsfkx1fghm.png

_MG_8585_zpsfq2z7flf.png

_MG_8663_zpsg2jtt8il.png

He just became my favorite subject to photograph..!!

• Like 7

Awwww, he's so pretty :)

He is.. Very active and friendly as well..

What a lovely firefish and nice photos too! :)

Thanks..

• Like 1

Those pictures are fantastic! Soo clear!!! Such a beautiful fish :wub:.

Thanks a lot..

whats this insane camera setup?

These photos were taken using a Canon 7D and Canon 50mm f/1.4 and Canon 100mm f/2.8 Lenses

We had a Ornamental Fish exhibition during the weekend and I bought a bunch of fish including a pair of Black Photon Clowns.. All the fish are currently in a quarantine tank and will be added to the main tank slowly.. The clowns are already in the main tank and they look fantastic.. The pair is very well behaved and I don't see any aggression between them. Hope they will remain a pair..

Didn't have any time to take fish pics.. So for now I only have a photo of my Anemone Crab..

_MG_8976_zpsrqgfzykp.png

• Like 5

Thanks a lot..

These photos were taken using a Canon 7D and Canon 50mm f/1.4 and Canon 100mm f/2.8 Lenses

We had a Ornamental Fish exhibition during the weekend and I bought a bunch of fish including a pair of Black Photon Clowns.. All the fish are currently in a quarantine tank and will be added to the main tank slowly.. The clowns are already in the main tank and they look fantastic.. The pair is very well behaved and I don't see any aggression between them. Hope they will remain a pair..

Didn't have any time to take fish pics.. So for now I only have a photo of my Anemone Crab..

_MG_8976_zpsrqgfzykp.png

Great picture! My little guy is "dirty" right now. He needs to molt :).

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Tank update after a long time..

Tank is doing pretty good.. All the fish are doing great.. Also the tank now has a Green Bubble Tip Anemone, 5 types of Zoas, a Green Hammer Coral and a Starfish..

Time for PHOTOS..!!

_MG_1050_zps5popkvxd.png

_MG_1066_zpswwijoxlg.png

_MG_1073_zpsmg4to1za.png

_MG_1120_zps37uxyjuf.png

_MG_0910_zpsyajwzsmw.png

_MG_1155_zps7lw7jses.png

_MG_1157_zpsgjo2cnon.png

• Like 3
  • thilankasp changed the title to 26G Nano Reef | Coral Eden